Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

67,000 questions

251,526 answers

307,815 comments

396 users

Now that BB2 can't break Dangal's WW BO record, for how long Dangal will keep this record ?

+2 votes

It’s all over for Baahubali 2 in China as it has done around 0.89M$ today as it has crashed that too on 40.5k shows.This is a disaster show.LT prediction now has been reduced to 80M Yuans or 12.7M$. Dangal in it’s final tally would be 200cr+ ahead of BB2.

How many years it will take for Aamir to break his own record ?
How many years other actors will need to break this record ?

asked May 7 in Box Office Related by bollyranga Production Designer (13,067 points)
36% Accept Rate

4 Answers

+2 votes

If thug clicks in china then rip dangal ...

answered May 7 by playboy Unit Manager (30,831 points)
+1 vote

Not possible by any other actor........

answered May 7 by kashyap123 Second Unit Director (77,007 points)
0 votes

Months. TOH on the way.

answered May 7 by Intense Director (127,932 points)
0 votes

TOH will certainly break dangal's record,i think because domestic gross of Thugs will be 50cr+ more than Dangal.
With Yrf backing overseas will be far better than Dangal min 5M+ difference remember dhoom3 which broke all Opening & lifetime records despite being a Action movie carrying mixed wom.
Now coming to China Yrf is trying to release it on the same day as of rest of the world in 3D, IMAX 3D.
So we can expect nearly 100cr Opening & my gut feeling says it will work huge in China.
So inshort Thugs will definitely break dangal's record unless Victor messes it up very badly which i don't think will happen with the backing of Aamir & Yrf.

answered May 7 by Roman Production Designer (13,062 points)

People of china have already seen many movies like ToH, we can see that with performance of BB2.

if release on same date compensate for the genre ... then only it will do business comparable to Dangal. Still I think there is a very good chance ... if Secret Superstar can do more than $100
Million then there are very good chances that ToH may do at-least more than that.

If ToH outperform Dangal by decent margin in all other market ... then it will need around $150 Million from China.

Still Chinnese audience love Action movies, Actually BB2 was tacky interms of vfx, TOH will be top notch interms of technical aspect,add to that stardom of Aamir,i think Thugs will definitely work in China
& In rest of the world it can cover 100-150cr more than Dangal (India+ROW).
If China accepts Toh then it will easily score above Dangal

Related questions

+3 votes
3 answers 284 views
+4 votes
5 answers 332 views
+6 votes
2 answers 195 views