Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

65,598 questions

245,657 answers

298,985 comments

396 users

Bigger Brand as a director? #Bollywood [poll]

+2 votes
Hirani
MB series,3 idiots, PK
Also remember fate of FKS & Saala khadoos,both were marketed on the name of Hirani.
Rohit Shetty
Zameen, Golmaal series, Singham series,ATB,CE, Dilwale
Kjo
Kkhh,Kkkg,Kank,Mnik,Adhm
SLB
Khamoshi, HDDCS, Devdas, Black, Saawariya,RL,BM, Padmaavat
Aditya Chopra
Ddlj,Mohabbatein, RNBDJ, Befikre

Not quality wise as the unanimous answer will be Hirani.
As we all know all of the above Directors have more or less some Brand value.
Brand wise who is more bigger?
Who can pull more audience on his name?
Choices:
Raj Kumar Hirani (11 votes, 58%)
Rohit Shetty (3 votes, 16%)
Karan Johor (2 votes, 11%)
Sanjay leela bhansali (3 votes, 16%)
Aditya Chopra (0 votes)
asked 5 days ago in General by Roman Camera Operator (8,948 points)
100% Accept Rate

Raju Hirani is miles ahead.

SLB & Rohit will dwindle based on their last film's performance. So will KJo & Aditya.

Overall, as a brand KJo & Aditya will still stand their ground despite recent films performances.

10 Answers

0 votes

Best answer

As a brand, Kjo & Adi are household names, they produce movies, have 2 of the biggest production house, gets the biggest budgets, 2 biggest launchpad for young stars and are considered as powerful personalities within film industry.

Solely as a director, Raju is ahead, but as a brand, KJO & Adi comes first, then comes others..!!

answered 5 days ago by THUNDER BIRD Mega Star (202,516 points)
selected 4 days ago by Roman
+2 votes

Sanjay Leela Bhansali!......................

answered 5 days ago by Rajat Production Accountant (27,174 points)

Who is the imposter here , cause there r 3 answers in favour of SLB but only one vote.. Kaun hosakta hai Hamare beech woh dhokebaaz?

I Didn't Caste My Vote Earlier, I Just Did Now. Sort It Out Among The Rest Of You.

+1 vote

In the era of today.. Brand value of director is always based on the movie he makes and trust he has developed in the audience.. One day u can make a DDLJ and same person can also give a Befikre to u..
As of now Raju Hirani has gained immense trust.. Whenever he makes his directorial. People rush to cinemas.. Similarly Rohit shetty has his base in masses.. After Salman Khan Rohit shetty does have power to bring masses to cinema.. Sanjay takes risky movies it can be Padmavaat or a Guzarish...
As per ranking Hirani, Rohit, Sanjay, karan and aditya

answered 5 days ago by Haider Second Unit Director (75,479 points)
+1 vote

biggest director brand ...is Sooraj barjaatiya...... his movies are ..prime examples....
other than MPKDH......
his movies just stay in theaters....and on TV for longest time.

two all time blockbusters (HAHK, MPK (both these movies are among top ten biggest hits of all time.....))

.....two blockbusters....(HSSH, VIVAH)

one hit... (PRDP.. biggest hit on TV)

.!! no other director inn bollywood has that record other than raj kapoor.

answered 5 days ago by Grand Nova Star (146,550 points)
+1 vote

Sooraj Barjatya , the director of crossover Hit Hum Aapke Hain Koun , second most profitable movie in history Maine Pyar Kiya, Blockbusters Hum Saath Saath Hain and Vivaah, highest opening record and TRP Record holder Prem Ratan Dhan Payo and only domestic flop MPKDH was a Hit overseas.
He doesn't need dancing or flying cars or blashphemy against long dead humans.
He is the perfect director for national integration.
You will see orthodox hindus and orthodox muslims enjoying together in his movies.That's the best quality he offers

answered 5 days ago by shah Assistant Director (58,735 points)

Nodoubt about that.
Sooraj will be among the biggest ever Director Bolly had ever seen.
Here iam talking about the current generation of Director.
Sooraj was undoubtedly the biggest in 90's & one of the biggest in Indian cinema history.

0 votes

I would go with SLB. Before padmavat he would have been second but now hes the undisputed king because of his unique style.

I used to adore hirani but seeing as most of his work is inspired/copied.. I was heartbroken.

answered 5 days ago by Seinfeld Location Manager (7,940 points)
0 votes

I voted for SLB...

answered 5 days ago by Charlie runkle™ Director (120,826 points)
0 votes

Keeping quality and BO aside, brand to me means how many people know that person, and in that case KJo is way ahead of these other guys.

People who are more aware of movies etc might know Hirani and Aditya Chopra.

Other than that SLB and Rohit Shetty are very well known to general public.

But when you take the name Karan Johar in front of any general Bollywood viewer, or even someone who doesn't watch Bollywood movies anymore, they will know who you are talking about, what movies he's made, and what type of movies he's famous for.

answered 4 days ago by mr.hola Unit Manager (38,764 points)
–1 vote

Raju Hirani by some distance. The second spot goes to RS and SLB

answered 5 days ago by Intense Producer (113,592 points)

I also Get Downvotes Regularly!

but sometimes intense gets downvotes even for neutral non controversial answers too

Charlie I never say anything controversial. I would love to know who gives me these downvotes......but I can't.

I Also Many Times Got Downvotes For No Reason!

–2 votes

Hirani Wasnt Director Of SK and FKS So No Point Considering That In That Way Many Flops Of Aditya And Karan Would Emerge So Ignoring That

Difference Between Raju And Rohit Is To Some Extent Similar To Aamir And Salman One Has Bigger Hits But Less Volume and Other Has Comparitavely Smaller Hits But More Volume.
Also One Is More Popular Among Masses and One More Popular Among Classes So Very Tough To Choose one.

After That Its Sanjay Leela Bansali
Then Karan Johar
After That Comes Aditya Chopra

However The Biggest Director Of All Time Are Raj Kapoor And Manmohan Desai As Per BOI

answered 5 days ago by Rancho Production Accountant (24,939 points)

Someone has an issue with us for calling hirani the best.

LMFAO Stupid People

Rancho.. Take this from me too.. Collect it and save it in fixed deposit

Related questions

+4 votes
4 answers 168 views
+3 votes
1 answer 49 views
+5 votes
4 answers 175 views