Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

65,598 questions

245,658 answers

298,988 comments

396 users

Which are the highest grossing movie where a child actor is lead ?

0 votes
TZP should be somewhere on top I think.

Other movie which I remember are Makadi, Bhootnaath
asked Apr 13 in Box Office Related by bollyranga Camera Operator (11,062 points)
46% Accept Rate

8 Answers

+1 vote

Taare zameen par is the one i guess. Purane movies se hogi koi lekin TZP hai recent movies se

answered Apr 13 by Seinfeld Location Manager (7,940 points)

I want to know older movies ... which would've done good business. WOuld like to watch those.

Also want to know where does secret superstar stands

+1 vote

For 80's 90's....u will not find many child oriented films...or where child artists are talk of the town after watching the film.......
Still what i can recollect right now...Its Masoom (1983) where although it was promoted/know faces as Naseer/Shabana film.....but after wtaching the film....it was all abt the Kids - Jugal , Urmila , Mini.....they stole the limelight.....

Later it was Anjali (1990)...although dubbed in Hindi...but for us(Hindi Audience)...it made such a hype that time for the child artist....that although you haven;t seen the film..but u r aware of her!!

answered Apr 13 by abbie Unit Manager (30,239 points)

Ye, Masoom is one of my fav. Will check Anjali ... thanks for recommendation.

+1 vote

Tzp in the modern era.

answered Apr 13 by Intense Producer (113,592 points)
+1 vote

I think it should be raaja Hindustani, in the first half kunal khemu was the child lead and in the second half the all important new born kid of aamir and Karirshma ~ Baazigar tauji ( legendary men quotes dot com.

answered Apr 13 by Charlie runkle™ Director (120,826 points)

Damn Charlie...this was the perfect post to mention abt "Raju Chacha".....for kids film
I thought u will answer that only......

abbie.. This answer was in fond remberence of the founding member of this forum.. so I imagined myself in Tauji's khakhi chaddi and answered it

0 votes

TZP is on Another Level Altogether It was made on a small budget and was offbeat Film Still Clashing With A Big Commercial Multistarrer It did Cross 60 Crs Mark That Too in 2007 When Highest Grosser Of Bollywood Was Around 80 crs.

Staggering To Say The Least.

It deserved BLOCKBUSTER VERDICT
(Earlier it Had but BOI reduced It)

answered Apr 13 by Rancho Production Accountant (24,939 points)

Yup,my fav Aamir movie.
Movie trended exceptionally well despite clash with another blockbuster.
I think it would have challenged dhoom2 if not for welcome.
All these for a nonstarrer movie with a superstar in supporting role clearly shows it's acceptance.

Yes TZP had one of the best WOM In The Century!

0 votes

India- Tzp. Worldwide- Secret Superstar......

answered Apr 13 by kashyap123 Second Unit Director (75,013 points)
0 votes

I think Dosti (1964) will be the biggest Hit

answered Apr 13 by shah Assistant Director (58,735 points)
0 votes

Bajrangi Bhaijaan

answered Apr 13 by mr.hola Unit Manager (38,769 points)

I thought you will write KKHH , though it had 4 superstars

well for the majority of the first half the movie is in the past where the kid isn't even born. in BB she's there throughout.

But she completely overshadowed all characters except Kajol and Salman.

Related questions

+1 vote
7 answers 281 views
+7 votes
2 answers 98 views
+3 votes
1 answer 2,573 views
2,573 views asked Oct 11, 2014 in Opinion by suhas All Time best! (252,857 points)