Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

66,980 questions

251,445 answers

307,755 comments

396 users

Raid And Hichki Emerge HIT Films - BOI

+1 vote
Hichki showed a drop of a around 50% from the first week to gross 12.75 crore nett in week two and takes its total around 39 crore nett. The film looks set for business over 45 crore nett and may even hit 50 crore nett depending on the next two weeks. The film is a HIT.

The business of Hichki till date is as follows

Week One - 26,11,00,000
Week Two - 12,75,00,000 apprx

TOTAL - 38,86,00,000 apprx

Raid also held well dropping 65% in the third week. This film had a larger overlapping audience with Baaghi 2 so that film affected this as compared to a Hichki. The film grossed 8.75 crore nett in the third week which is actually far bigger than a film like Singham Returns.

Raid is also a HIT film as will get that 45 crore distributor share which it needs to be a HIT. It is the highest grossing Ajay Devgn film outside the Ajay Devgn / Rohit Shetty combination as it has crossed the business of Raajneeti.

The collections of Raid till now are as follows.

Week One - 59,86,00,000
Week Two - 25,17,00,000  
Week Three - 8,75,00,000 apprx

TOTAL - 93,78,00,000 apprx
Source Link: https://boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=3831
asked Apr 6 in Box Office Related by suhas All Time best! (260,329 points)
99% Accept Rate

Na. The hesitance is because his films don't sustain beyond a specific genre to predict the collections & give out verdicts beforehand..

They waited till they were assured that Raid will do 45cr distributors share which was required to be declared a HIT. Not big deal there.

What was there to sabotage? It overperformed & could've sustained better earning the Hit tag last week itself if there was no Baaghi 2.

And if you wait to see Film Information credit early next year, I can guarantee Raid not getting Super Hit tag. It will dwindle between Hit & commission earner.

Off the topic.

Shivaay crossed 100cr last year right? I was told that the budget was too high or something like that hence why it got an Average verdict.

Shivaay never crossed 100cr.

According to BOI, it's nett is ₹84.83cr with over ₹100cr investment. The distributor share was ordinary ₹42cr & that is why the Below Average verdict.

Bhai, Taran ne bhi Aaj hi Hit declared Kia hain. (99.74cr).

Maine iss saal observe Kia hay ki 'Taran bale hi producer data post karta ho, lekin verdict me thoda strict hain. wo sirf "clean hit" films ka hi verdict public karta hain.

Padmaavat : SuperHit ⇒ BB,
Padman : Not Declared (koimoi declared Hit),
SKTKS : SuperHit ⇒ BB,
Hichki : Hit,
Raid : Declared Hit at 99cr,
Baaghi2 : ND

5 Answers

0 votes

Best answer

Best 1st quarter for Bolly this decade.
Both Raid, Hichki deserves to be hit.
Ajay has 2 other winner this year in the form of Romcom, Total Dhamal.

answered Apr 6 by Roman Production Designer (12,991 points)
selected Apr 9 by suhas

Bro its best quarter since 1983. In 1983 first quarter also records 5 hit movies.

+1 vote

5 Hit Movies in a First quarter of 2018. What a start! But now till race 3 no big releases there and surprise hits possible. I am happy raid declare Hit because deserving hit tag. Great movie.

answered Apr 6 by Ajay Production Accountant (20,633 points)

If one or two hits may be come in next two month which will be bonus because race 3 and dutt biopic looking huge for sure and 8-9 hits in half year its a fantastic result. Because 2nd quarter many big films lineup.

RAID is a Super Hit. Screw BOI who tried to pull down Raid since it released but they had to clean their balls and admit that it was a Hit.

Many trade analysis have conformed that it is a Super Hit

J.P.S
‏ @TheJ_P_S

So after trying to sabotage #Raid from day one, BOI had to finally admit defeat and declare it a HIT. Truth always prevails!✊✊
By the way, the rest of the trade and the world has already classified Raid as a Super-Hit
9:24 AM - 6 Apr 2018

boi not baised and personal actors. boi give fair verdict. how 72 cr budget movie get super hit verdict on 98 cr nett collection.

Bhai, Taran ne bhi Aaj hi Hit declared Kia hain. (99.74cr).

Maine iss saal observe Kia hay ki 'Taran bale hi producer data post karta ho, lekin verdict me thoda strict hain. wo sirf "clean hit" films ka hi verdict public karta hain.

Padmaavat : SuperHit ⇒ BB,
Padman : Not Declared (koimoi declared Hit),
SKTKS : SuperHit ⇒ BB,
Hichki : Hit,
Raid : Declared Hit at 99cr,
Baaghi2 : ND

0 votes

100cr mark yet to be breached for raid. It is a hit and that is what matters for ajay devgan. Total dhamaal will cap off a successful year for him.

answered Apr 6 by Intense Director (127,859 points)

Bhai hrithik fans had similar issues last year with Kaabil collections. I don't trust BOI too but then they are the only credible source we have. Producer collections.....Or these accounts...should be taken with a pinch of salt.

producer never give real collection. so follow only boi

I only follow this account on Twitter because they are more genuine than BOI.

https://twitter.com/teamrb_

@Intense, Total Dhamaal will do better than Raid because it's a slapstick comedy with an appeal to family audiences. Rom-Com (Untitled movie) with Luv Rajan can do well at BO or maybe better than Raid but it depends on the story and script. Akiv Ali is making his directional debut whilst Luv Ranjan is producing it so it's important that Ajay can give him 100cr for his first film as a director.

Anyways, we will see what happens.

Nikeel 100cr or not raid has done the work for ajay. TD I have good hopes from. Not sure when the luv ranjan movie is coming.

0 votes

Raid is a Hit, very happy for Ajay.

answered Apr 6 by shah Executive Producer (65,446 points)
0 votes

Congrats to both.

So does this mean SKTKS can be declared blockbuster?

answered Apr 6 by mr.hola Assistant Director (46,078 points)

super hit

Related questions

+4 votes
4 answers 171 views
+1 vote
1 answer 75 views
+4 votes
7 answers 218 views
218 views asked Jun 7 in Television by Rocsky Unit Manager (32,576 points)