• Register
Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

65.6k questions

246k answers

300k comments

727 users

+1 vote

The Top Five for 2015

Wednesday 31 December 2014 11.30 IST

Box Office India Trade Network

Google+ Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Addthis

Follow Us Twitter logo link

The year 2014 has turned out a poor one and there will be hopes that 2015 is a better one but again the first half does not have much to offer in terms of blockbsuters but there are some very big releases from Eid onewards. The top five for the year are as follows

1. Rohit Shetty directed untitled Shahrukh Khan Starrer

December 2015

Prediction - 200 cr+

Real Collection - 140 cr (With Clash) 

2. Prem Ratan Dhan Payo

November 2015

Prediction - 200 cr+

Real Collection - 194 cr

3. Bajrangi Bhaijaan

July 2015

Prediction 150 cr+

Real Collection - 315 cr

4. Brothers

July 2015

Prediction - 150 cr+

Real Collection - 71 cr

5. Fan

August 2015

Prediction - 150 cr+ 

Real Collection - 84 cr (Although Movie postpone and 2016 release)

The above films seem the best bets of the year and all have the potential to go over 150 crore nett with the top two being 200 plus films although potential and actually putting up numbers are two different things. There may be a film or two that surprises but the recent years have seen very few surprises in terms of real big grossers.

Source Link: Box Office India
asked in Movie Discussions by Camera Operator (9.2k points)
65% Accept Rate

4 Answers

+2 votes

its amazing that even salman fans were not expecting much from bajrangi bhaijaan because of a different type of role from salman in that but in the end it proved to be his best movie for neutral audiences and he gained some credibility from critics too. I think bb and dabbang will be the movies salman will be most remembered for even though hank and mpk did more business

answered by Location Scout (3.1k points)
edited by

You are absolutely right. Dabbang is my all time favourite movie of Salman Khan and Bajrangi Bhaijaan isn't too far away. As a movie BB is much better but Salman as Chulbul Pandey was way beyond my expectations.

you must have predicted bro i am just saying that majority of fans did not expect it to be a huge success

+1

That was bcoz it wasn't the regular salman khan movie so a lot of fans were also not expecting too much but it suprised everyone

yes and i think that neutral audiences even loved it more than salman fans

+1 vote

I remember when I saw BB trailer, I never imagined the heights it will go to. What a classic movie. I've seen it so many times but it never ages for me.

PRDP was a massive bore, had it not been for Salman I would have walked out of the theatre for sure. A 1980s formula in a 2015 movie

answered by Producer (111k points)

classic film ha ha

0 votes

They got only one prediction right lol

answered by Production Accountant (26.1k points)
0 votes

Oh my Prdp! How much I was disappointed by its performance below my expectations.

answered by Assistant Director (49.6k points)