• Register
Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

65.6k questions

246k answers

299k comments

717 users

+2 votes
Q. If Zero joins Race 3 and Thugs Of Hindostan then will it be the end of the Khans?.

Salim Asif

A. These things take time to play out and it does not happen with one or two films. They could easily start giving HITS again but nobody can fight with age. Every year they will get older and no one has ever defeated age. The change will come one day but how fast depends on the strides that younger actor makes. At the moment Salman Khan, Aamir Khan and Shahrukh Khan are the dominant forces and Race 3, Thugs Of Hindostan or Zero is not going to change that. Also Race 3 has not fared well but its not the huge disaster thats its being made out to be.

Q. You have said that Zero and 2.0 will have a similar opening day and is it true that 2.0 has feteched similar amount to Zero of 85-90 crore for India theatrical rights.

L. Surve

A. 2.0 is on commission like Bahubali - The Conclusion. It has not got a price in the Hindi markets. It would be crazy to pay a similar sum to Zero, it may open same but with a dubbed film there will always be an issue with the longer run as the film will have been made for a certain region and many hindi markets will reject it. With Zero that issue is not there.

Q. There was no Veer Zaara or Om Shanti Om is your record opening days and these film smashed all records..

Lalit Mehta

A. Diwali Puja had started to affect affections since the star of the decade and these films had that problem. Before th 90's it did not affect much as only a certain number of tickets were available but a sthe releases got wider and wider than Puja started making a bigger dent in collections.
Source Link: https://boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=4469
asked in Movie Discussions by All Time best! (252k points)
99% Accept Rate

Diwali Puja was not there before 2000s??? Is it an added ritual??

+1

"Before th 90's it did not affect much as only a certain number of tickets were available but as the releases got wider and wider than Puja started making a bigger dent in collections."

There you've the reason.

okay......my bad...thnx

5 Answers

0 votes

Best answer

Also Race 3 has not fared well but its not the huge disaster thats its being made out to be.

Taking Race3 in the same rung as TOH is injustice. Race3 had an upward trend during the weekend. You had Salman Khan factor and then from monday the negativity did the talking. TOH was just down after the manipulated first day

answered by Camera Operator (8.1k points)
selected ago by
–1

Downvotes to all on this post

+1

zara dekho toh koun baant raha hai khushi

@Intense let it be for now.

@suhas not commenting further.

0 votes

"Race 3 has not fared well but its not the huge disaster thats its being made out to be" - Tell that to people who watched it in theatres

answered by Mega Star (204k points)

Well they're talking business here & conveying it across the trade here. If content then what you said would work.

+2

@THUNDER BIRD Race 3 footfalls is approx 1.50 cr and since 2015 Shahrukh khan not cross that mark. Too much fun.

0 votes

Agree. Age will catch up in another 3 to 4 years, but no immediate threat to the Khans as of now. There's no new gen actor who is even remotely close to being a pure star, forget superstar.

answered by Producer (111k points)

I think next 5 years khan's place is Safe in the industry. And after that if his films not doing well at the box office and young actors taken big dates and generate big footfalls than Khans era end.

5 years is a long time bro, the khans would be pushing 58-59 by then

–1 vote

Means BOI declare Thugs Of Hindostan a Disaster. Thanks now i am Happy.

answered by Camera Operator (9.1k points)
–1 vote

Damn BOI. One Aamir movie becomes disaster, they create question to finish all KHANS together with Aamir. Nobody would ask this silly question.

answered by Location Scout (3.5k points)

Clearly you missed those questions and answers/comments on the forum.

It's some irony here, I am expecting someone else downvote my post and reply to my comment.

Well I can tell you the negative vote has nothing to do with me.

I know who the person is and in the forum, I enjoy when he expresses his frustrations, brother.