• Register
Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

65k questions

243k answers

296k comments

395 users

+1 vote
I am talking about big blockbusters which are coming every year on either Christmas or eid but big films failed on diwali.
asked in Box Office Related by Casting Director (18.1k points)
78% Accept Rate

You need to have a good movie which works well according to the script to connect with audiences. Many people criticise Dhoom 3 for being bad but it was an ATBB because there was a selection of audiences who liked it which contributed to its success. Film like Dhoom 3 had action but also you had Aamir Khan in a macho look as the baddie. This brings the audience into cinemas to generate some curiosity. Obviously, the franchise itself and Aamir's stardom helped the film but there were some people who like the movie even I liked it myself.

EDIT:

Dhoom 3 didn't release on Christmas

Dhoom 3 is a Christmas release.

4 Answers

+1 vote

Simple ....
It's just that good films aren't coming on Diwali as cmpared to X.mass & Eid ...

answered by Editor (80.4k points)
+1 vote

My be movie makers are going hyper, trying to give best entertainer. Producer think that first weekend in major holiday period so rather than focusing on content they are focusing on eye catching things like item number, action sequence etc

While during christmas they think that movie will have run for atleast 7-10 days so content should be good. Even then on Xmas it's mainly Aamir movies which were better.

answered by Camera Operator (9.4k points)
0 votes

diwali needs srk again just look at this list
ddlj
dtph
kkhh
mohabatein
k3g
kal ho na ho
veer zaara
don
oso
ra one
jtjh
hny
except for 1 or 2 films all are classics here

answered by Set Designer (2k points)
–1 vote

What were golmaal and k3 then ? Both were blockbusters. Yes if you mean Diwali doesn't produce good content movies like xmas then you are right.

answered by Producer (106k points)

I am talking about big blockbusters like bb, pk dhoom 3 and dangal

Both movies generate same footfalls around 2 cr due to low budget they both blockbusters but not the case in other stars. But diwali footfalls in recent time prdp 2.28 cr and its a hit. So 2 -2.25 cr very limited scope of footfalls in theatre on fiwali festival. Because after holidays public busy on work so movie crushed after holidays in current time.

Related questions