Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

65,954 questions

247,002 answers

300,806 comments

396 users

Shah Rukh Khan: I Don't Go Searching For Films, Films Choose Me

+2 votes

Shah Rukh Khan said: "Everybody has their own system of doing a film, why they do, how they do. I feel a film. I don't go searching for a film"

Superstar Shah Rukh Khan says taking up a project is an organic process for him and he does not go looking for a film. The 52-year-old actor said every artiste has their own method of selecting a film but believes it is the movies that choose him, not the other way around. When asked whether he would also like to work in a film promoting campaigns like Akshay Kumar in the case of Toilet: Ek Prem Katha, Shah Rukh said, "Everybody has their own system of doing a film, why they do, how they do. I feel a film. I don't go searching for a film. I have been a producer for 15 years, I have never produced a film that I think I should do. I think films choose me."

The actor was speaking at a select media roundtable at the ongoing Auto Expo 2018 here yesterday.

Shah Rukh believes even if the content was message-driven, the film has to be entertaining to strike a chord with the audience. "Sometimes they (films) go wonderfully right, sometimes they go fantastically bad and I am ok with it. If I don't keep that part of my life fluid, whatever level of artistic, I can't wake up every morning and keep on acting. I can't do it (acting) as a job, I am not saying others are doing it. Different strokes for different folks," he said.

The actor recalled the time when people were apprehensive about Chak De! India. Shah Rukh said he trusted his gut and the rest, as they say, is history.

"My father used to play hockey. No one knew I played hockey. Someone offered me a film on hockey, everyone said it was the worst film being made. There is no heroine, the girls are unknown, the songs are bad and I look awful with a beard. It became Chak De! India," he said.

"It doesn't mean I will do another film on hockey... There are things that appeal to me organically and sentimentally, so I do my films... We all sell fantasies in business, in cars and in my line of work," he added.

Source Link: https://www.ndtv.com/entertainment/shah-rukh-khan-i-dont-go-searching-for-films-films-choose-me-1810973
asked Feb 10 in Opinion by Intense Producer (117,339 points)
91% Accept Rate

5 Answers

0 votes

Best answer

So ppl come with some of the worst films for u.... lol.... u cud do better srk, now sounding like ego hurt star who can't take his failures with positive gesture......

answered Feb 10 by -OmKara- Production Designer (14,494 points)
selected Feb 14 by Intense
+1 vote

Thats case with every big star they don't go searching for films.. films choose them... lekin popat ki tarah chapat chapat sirf srk karta hai..

answered Feb 10 by playboy Production Accountant (28,901 points)

Nahi bhai.. aamir salman toh director producer ke ghar jake bolte hai ki bhai kuch ho toh batao

Apna srk toh stud hai

Feku popat hai yeh srk

0 votes

yeah jhms, dilwale, and hny all movies chose him.. I never got used to his loud mouth.. yeah he may sound witty to some but I just find him over the top and arrogant

answered Feb 10 by Seinfeld Camera Operator (8,586 points)

Actually this one is true, i don't think SRK will be searching for movies, people come to him for movies, he just have to select which one to do..!!

0 votes

He is right coz he did not choose 3i,Munna Bhai,lagan , Padmaavat etc but movies like fan,jhms,raees,hny,jthj,ra.1,Dz ,billu,paheli etc choose him and result is quite visible

answered Feb 10 by being_tanveer Production Accountant (23,891 points)
0 votes

Well it's obvious, someone like SRK don't need to search here & there for a movie, producers & directors comes to him, i mean he must have few scripts lined up in his office, which he obviously won't read, but will choose some of them after he finishes off with Zero..!!

answered Feb 10 by THUNDER BIRD Mega Star (203,738 points)

Thats the case with every big stars... lekin mu phatika popat sirf srk karta hai..

"I mean he must have few scripts lined up in his office, which he obviously won't read"

Fan or not, one should never forget that Srk always reads the scripts.

Related questions

+7 votes
2 answers 186 views
186 views asked Dec 13, 2015 in Opinion by IrahX Assistant Director (41,571 points)