Be it, the reducing/increasing of footfalls, verdicts given by them or their commentary, Box office India is a hypocrite of the worst order. Here I will expose the Hypocrisy of Box Office India with Facts.
1)Secret superstar and Dangal were both (subtitled+limited dubbed release) but BOI has not included their box office collection stating that they were dubbed release.
2) Padmaavat(limited tamil+telugu overseas release) and it’s collections are included by BOI and rightfully so because it should be included in gross BOC but Dangal(subtitled+limited dubbed release) china’s BOC are not included.
3) BOI reported that Dangal was sold outright between 3-6 crore despite the statement from aamir(producer) that they got 12.5% (160cr) profit share from Dangal.
4)Dilwale distributed by Rapid Eye Movies was a dubbed release in Germany and MNIK was dubbed in German and Turkish but their BOC are included by BOI.
1)Secret superstar and Dangal were both (subtitled+limited dubbed release).
You can see it for yourself-https://maoyan.com/cinemas?movieId=1208122&offset=0
As you can see in the language version row, most of the theatres are playing the “Original 2D” Version as apposed to “Mandarin 2D”.
2) Padmaavat had a limited tamil+telugu overseas release.
(Vox Cinema Chain)- https://uae.voxcinemas.com/showtimes?c=city-centre-deira&c=city-centre-shindagha&m=padmaavat-tamil&d=20180130
Telugu & tamil(
Novo Cinema chain)https://www.novocinemas.com/uae
Events Cinema Chain)Tamil+telugu- https://www.eventcinemas.com.au/Movies/NowShowing#genre=bollywood
(Hoyts Cinema Chain)Tamil https://www.hoyts.com.au/movies/2018/padmaavat_tamil.aspx
(Event Cinemas chain)Telugu -
Woodside cinema-Scarborough, Toronto-
York Cinemas-Richmond Hill, Ontario(
IMC Cinema chain Telugu-
3) BOI reported that Dangal was sold outright between the 3-6 crore despite the statement from aamir(producer) that they got 12.5% (160cr) profit share from Dangal.
4) Dilwale distributed by Rapid Eye Movies was a dubbed release in Germany and My Name Is Khan was dubbed in German and Turkish.
Trailer(Rapid Eye Movies Official vimeo account)->
My Name Is Khan was dubbed in German and Turkish.-
Every country has a different requirement. In Poland, it will be released with Polish subtitles. In Germany, we want the film to go down much deeper to the German audience and that particular market prefers films to be dubbed. So that's why we are dubbing it in German and Turkish," Vijay Singh, CEO of Fox STAR Studios India, told IANS.
MNIK- German Trailer-
Now how is BOI the most reliable box office portal of india?