• Register
Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

65k questions

243k answers

296k comments

395 users

+1 vote

Was watching Jaanemann yesterday as it completed 12 years yesterday, the emotion connected me very well. 

It was so colourful and songs were Chartbusters

Salman looked the best but it didn't get the success it deserved. 

What could be the reason? 

• Negativity around him
  • Ahead of its time
  • Clash with Don which was remake of a blockbuster movie so the craze was already there + Heavy promotion + SRK who was in his best phase
asked in Opinion by Location Manager (7.9k points)
91% Accept Rate

That's what you get for clashing with the king of bollywood

Negativity around him -
That had zero effect on the box office. It was evident at the response Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya got amidst the protests.

Ahead of it's time -
Jagga Jasoos released last year. Bombed. The ahead of it's time is an ordinary excuse. Jaan-E-Mann was out & out musical. The target audience of Salman or Akshay & even Bollywood aren't open to such narrative style. And most of the lyrics were plain dialogues being sung.

Clah with Don -
Definitely. That was more flashy in the competition. Jaan-E-Mann wom didn't click in big. Don went down soon but when both the films matched each other collections, it was in the lower side & Don had won the battle with big initial. This big clash crashed sooner too. Sadly Jaan-E-Mann did perform overseas but couldn't manage the HIT business Salaam-E-Ishq did in Jan/Feb 2007.

And regarding heavy promotion. Both the films had heavy promotions. It's not NGF backed anything down. They had to stop releasing the success posters after 1 week.

5 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer

Bad luck.
Love ,Andaz Apna Apna,Khamoshi, Janeman deserved to be hits.
Happy that Karan Arjun, Bodyguard and Ready are Blockbusters for the sake of them.

answered by Assistant Director (48.4k points)
selected by
+1 vote

It was unnecessarily long. All was going good until when they introduced the second Preity, I was ROFL by then. I couldn't watch it second time because of that comedy. One thing to admire on this movie is the music which is many times said to be copied by Anu Malik from some amateur musicians.

It would be a success had it not clashed with SRK, who was a force to reckon with then.

answered by Set Designer (2.4k points)
+1 vote

It's a decent movie, the flaws are more apparent now, but back then I used to like it.

Simple reason for flopping: clashing with SRK.

answered by Unit Manager (36.1k points)
0 votes

Because makers did a mistake of clashing with DON..!!

answered by Mega Star (202k points)

Eid+ Diwali 2 festivals were there and not like Don was a huge blockbuster, it was barely a hit.

It had big opening, it was hit due to not so good WOM, but Jaaneman wasn't a patch on Don in terms of opening. It was beaten comprehensively from first day itself.

0 votes

It was a very different movie with amazing music but I liked the movie only in patches. Plus Salman was going through a horrible patch and in those days a clash with Shahrukh khan meant a huge defeat

answered by Producer (106k points)