• Register
Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

65.5k questions

246k answers

299k comments

714 users

0 votes

In order to safeguard women and forewarn men to not cross the line, Emraan Hashmi has decided to included a clause incorporating the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition & Redresal) Act, 2013 in his employment contracts, the actor told Mumbai Mirror. Several prominent men from the entertainment industry have been named as alleged sexual offenders.

"Such clauses are already in contracts in several industries, including MNCs. No film production company has enforced it so far, but with the #MeToo movement that started a decade ago, picking up steam in the West last year and inching towards India, with someone being outed almost every hour on the social media, such clauses have become imperative. In my company at least, it will include both male and female cast and crew members," the actor told the publication.

Hashmi said that there needs to be a universal moral code on film sets in accordance with government's guidelines as there is still some confusion about what amounts to sexual harassment, with reactions being subjective. He also pointed out that while it is right if the law looks out for women, there needs to be revisions made to include men as well.

He also spoke about having an open dialogue with his female co-stars, writer and director before enacting an intimate scene.

Hashmi will be seen next in Cheat India, which talks about the education system in India. Directed by Soumik Sen, the film is scheduled to release on 25 January, 2019.

Source Link: https://www.firstpost.com/entertainment/emraan-hashmi-to-include-anti-sexual-harassment-clauses-in-employment-contracts-of-his-company-5357561.html
asked in General by All Time best! (252k points)
99% Accept Rate

3 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer

After I read the first few words - " me -too-emraan-hashmi " it felt like I was getting a heart attack.. Then I read the whole post and I was relieved... Hashmi Saab could never do such stuff.. I'm proud of him

answered by Director (122k points)
selected by

why would he harass women when he gets paid to do sexy scenes with extremely hot actresses.

+2

U have a point man.... But I think these scenes take just 3-4 days to film if we add all the films which an actor shoots in year then not more than 12-15 days in a year.. So what will a predator do the rest of 350 days?

+1 vote

Just check what Ali Zafar did to Misha Shafi after she accused him of sexual harassing her... he return the favour and charged a case of defamation against her for 1 billion and I don't know if he won or not .

answered by Star (149k points)

nothing will be done in Pakistani courts for the next ten years.....too difficult to prove sexual harassment

+1

Well the next hearing was supposed to happen on Oct 4th. Haven't come across any article on that.

Her petition was rejected previously on technical terms. They thought her case doesn't fall under "workplace harrasment". Her lawyers have appealed against that.

+1 vote

Respect to Hashmi sahab

answered by Producer (111k points)

Related questions

+6 votes
3 answers 57 views
57 views asked Apr 14, 2014 in Actors by Anand1199 Star (150k points)
+4 votes
3 answers 186 views
+9 votes
4 answers 205 views