Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

64,760 questions

242,449 answers

294,001 comments

396 users

Padmaavat First Day Early Estimate - 18 Cr - BOI

+1 vote
Padmaavat First Day Early Estimate
Thursday 25 January 2018 23.30 IST
Box Office India Trade Network

Padmaavat has had a very good first day of around 18 crore nett as per early estimates. The number is not a good one considering the cost of the film with it needing a 120 crore plus worldwide theatrical share to cover costs but it has to be taken into account that the film has lost around 30-35% of its market with some circuits completely shut and others partially shut..

Despite the problems it is still the biggest opening day for Shahid Kapoor and Ranveer Singh though obviously they have featured in a film costing over 200 crore. The best numbers came in Mumbai with Mumbai city being just 10-15% less than Tiger Zinda Hai. The major area which was likely to have no protests was Bangalore but that had a bandh for local reasons but Punjab (state) which also has a clean release is not that great. Chandigarh is good but other cities like Amritsar and Jalandhar have just decent collections.

Its too early to make a call but from the first numbers coming in, it looks like the film is typical Bhansali in that Mumbai has huge potential while others under perform as compared to Mumbai. The difference here will there is no Gujarat at the moment and this is the killer for the film. If it had Gujarat without the other places showing it would be in a strong position. There is a huge national holiday tomorrow which will give it a huge boost but its fate really lies whether Sunday can again match the national holiday and then the crucially the weekdays will have to hold very strong. If a few circuits can open up in the next few days it would really help the cause of the film.

In Overseas markets the film had a so so opening in Gulf with expected figures of around $375k while Australia had a record opening of A$350k but that was because normally only one of the main chains releases Indian films but as Paramount is the distributor they went to both of the major chains and the widest release ever for a Hindi film which gave it 40% more business than normal. Overseas is looking at a strong run in US / Canada and Australia while Gulf may be the markets which does not let the film rack up huge numbers Overseas.
Source Link: https://boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=3612
asked Jan 25 in Box Office Related by -OmKara- Camera Operator (10,275 points)
92% Accept Rate

7 Answers

0 votes

Best answer

What ? Too much .. Now we need to really go up in our vandalism effort.. We will make sure that more states unofficially ban it.

answered Jan 25 by Charlie runkle™ Producer (119,151 points)
selected Jan 26 by -OmKara-
0 votes

I wish and hope bhansali recovers the money and never soends it again

answered Jan 25 by Seinfeld Location Manager (6,571 points)

I heard that bhansali's next film with Srk is intense love story about a Muslim warlord and a Hindu priestess in 18th century Maratha and how he converts her to his religion and takes her as his 3rd wife and eventually producing 9 kids through her .

I think he has learned his lesson very well now. He won't attempt anything like that now. Now that there's a precedence of protests, Maharashtrians will protest the hell out of Bhansali

0 votes

Its way below expectations.

answered Jan 26 by Vikram Singh Production Accountant (20,692 points)
0 votes

Decent numbers considering the protests. It needs to grow today and over the weekend to recover its investment.

answered Jan 26 by Intense Producer (103,861 points)
0 votes

Its way below expectation. If today 30 cr then not bad.

answered Jan 26 by Ajay Camera Operator (8,092 points)

Absolutely it needed atleast 25cr+ first day. Today also advance booking is not strong. It will do around 24cr max.

0 votes

If today movie fails to do anything below 25 crores.. Its a certified flop...

answered Jan 26 by Haider Second Unit Director (73,808 points)
0 votes

Flop if not disaster with the movie's High budget

answered Jan 26 by shah Assistant Director (52,257 points)

Don't think it will flop.
It could have been a disaster if it would have come 2 years earlier but now digital rights will save any disaster movie.
It has bagged huge sum for digital rights & satellite rights.
So nearly 120cr needs to be recovered from WW.
With 60cr coming from overseas,i think 60cr will be the bare minimum from domestic.
So it will be atleast recover it's expenses for Viacom.
So no loss for Viacom for collection above 120 in India.
Though trade will not declare it a hit for collection as budget is huge 200+

I think verdict will be average. And i will still be happy/relieved that atleast movie would be a clean success against all odds I dont want it to fail at any cost. Watched it 1st day itself and it was a decent movie.

Hope all the hardworks don't go lost

Related questions