Dhadak has put up an insane showing in its first screening on television. the film has topped the 1.8 impressions mark which is the fifth highest ever after Bahubali - The Conclusion, Prem Ratan Dhan Payo, Bajrangi Bhaijaan and Bahubali - The beginning. It is easily the best of the year beating Golmaal Again.
The numbers are crazy and this film had a different demographic than most other films at the box office where it was the youth audience outside the metros driving the film. Normally youth driven films in the industry today are for metros mainly. Here it was youth of places like Jaipur, Surat and Patna driving the film. A huge audiecne in these places are unable to watch in theaters due to the cost of tickets which has meant a huge television audience.
Dhadak is also the highest premiere screening for Dharma productions though the biggest film remains Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham which still picks up 25-30 lakh impressions when screened with a correct timing and this is almost 17 years after release. The top films on television of all time are as follows. The numbers are impressions which are the number of television sets viewing the film.
1. Bahubali: The Conclusion - 2,60,54,00,000 (Sony)
2. Prem Ratan Dhan Payo - 2,51,19,00,000 (Star)
3. Bajrangi Bhaijaan - 2,37,45,000 (Star)
4. Bahubali: The Beginning - 2,07,77,000 (Sony)
5. Dhadak - 1,83,16,000 (Zee)
6. Golmaal Again - 1,63,52,000 (Star)
7. Dangal - 1,62,54,000 (Zee)
8. Baaghi 2 - 1,61,45,000 (Star)
9. Judwaa 2 - 1,52,66,000 (Star)
10. Tiger Zinda Hai - 1,37,04,000 (Sony)