Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

66,517 questions

249,342 answers

304,874 comments

396 users

Name And Rate Movie You Watched (14th Jan - 20th Jan). Also Choose Movie Of The Week. Week 204.

+3 votes
Mukkabaaz (2018): 8/10 This time Anurag Kashyap has gone filmish and that's not a complaint except for it has director's most underwhelming climax from his filmography which I found bit messed up. The film focuses on too many real issues of the nation like poor sport management, evil caste infrastructure, rise of nationalism and anti-nationalist movement and Bharat Mata Ki Jai.. But, amidst how sensitive and complicated these issues could be to portray on the screen, Anurag Kashyap has done the job with his own style of filmmaking. The film has dark humor which comments on the hollowness of society and in that sense the film is an intelligent social satire. The film story may not be as great as Gangs of Wasseypur or Gulaal, but the Anurag Kashyap feel is there and it's no doubt engaging and entertaining. One thing I would say about Anurag Kashyap's film actors that's his actors are so involved and submerged with characters that you feel this particular character has been written for this particular actor and no one else could outperform this certain actor for this role and same feeling I got for Vineet Kumar Singh, Ravi Kisan, Jimmy Shergill and Zoya Hussain in the film. The film again proved Kashyap and the team has best casting sense and you gonna enjoy it. Next come to the music, the feel of local folk music and radical lyric in the songs reminded me of Sneha Khanwalkar works in Gangs of Wasseypur. Soundtracks may not have universal appeal but it makes sense to greater extent and it's rather impactful.   
The film deserves a watch. It's refreshing and most importantly it's Anurag's only film where no one dies. ;)
asked Jan 21 in General by Ankit 007 Assistant Director (51,482 points)
71% Accept Rate

5 Answers

+2 votes

Well..

1. Jigsaw [2017] = 4/10 [More than the movie being bad or good, I am just tired of the franchise. Ofcourse still loyal, just tired.]

2. Naa Ninna Bidalaare [1979] = 8/10 [really don't enjoy the good part but it's among the all time classic horror films so...]

First Time Watch = Jigsaw

Movie of the week = Naa Ninna Bidalaare

Also watched Kick [post Jumme Ki Raat] & Chowka [right on the intro of Darshan's cameo] on TV, still a proper tribute to Kashinath.

answered Jan 22 by suhas All Time best! (259,198 points)
+2 votes

Arjun Reddy (with English subtitles) 8.5/10
Vikram Vedha (with English subtitles) 8.5/10
Gopala gopala (Telugu remake of Bollywood movie Oh my god) -6/10

answered Jan 22 by deepak_bishty Director (131,074 points)
+2 votes

Snitch 6/10
A gud intense film from dwanye johnson

Kaalakaandi 5/10
A comic first half is let down by a serious second half plus the climax is too bad

1921 2/10
Well what can you expect from a film like this when the poster says a decade after 1920 lol
The whole audience was laughing all the way which shows the level of horror films in bollywood

Maya 4/10
Found it interesting intially but later it turned out to be a below average film

The Tourist 4/10
No action scenes you can guess the twist way before it happens
Too boring

Kaththi 7/10
A second time watch(in hindi this time)
Solid entertainer with a social msg
I wonder what happened to ARM while working with Mahesh Babu

Bad Santa 4/10
Didn't find anything great

The House next door 6/10
A gud horror film although there were very less horroe scenes but the ones there were effective

Movie of the week:kaththi

answered Jan 22 by SSk Production Accountant (26,792 points)
+2 votes

1) Golmaal Again: Rating: 1/5 {Disclaimer: Not trying to act cool by bashing a masala flick*}

Thought of giving it a try seeing the B.O response and wom upon release. Even with logic aside, which Tabu keeps on insisting throughout the damn film, I found it very difficult to digest "Rohit shetty's" take on magic. Recycled jokes, predictable plot, and the entire "Parineeti" character was the minus for me. Watch the original instead.

2) Atomic Blonde: {Rating: 3*/5 }

Imagine Tom Hanks in Bridge of Spies, add breasts, blonde hair, bit of comedy, hands-on action and top it off with some coolass BGM. There you have it, Atomic Blonde in a nutshell.

Kidding aside, Charlize Theron is HOT af. (+0.5 just for that) Killer BGM(+0.5) throughout the film makes it an entertaining watch, despite of the shortcomings in the movie. I dont know why but from the trailer I expected a bit more action in the film. Not saying that there wasn't any, its just that I personally expected a bit more.

3) Split: {Rating: 4*/5 }

Its a film about a man suffering from "split personality" disorder, played by James McAvoy. The film is about how each personalities(23 to be exact) of his has its own traits and preferences, and how it affects him and others in his vicinity. Its a psychological thriller so I'm not going to post any further specifics, other than recommending you to watch it, if you haven't already.

Movie of the week: Split

answered Jan 22 by Zin Assistant Director (48,295 points)

+1 for the surprise.

Referring to Golmaal?

+1 vote

The Meyerowitz Stories (5.75/10):

Decent drama about family issues, well directed and well acted, but gets a bit too stretched by the end and in one specific scene acting was really bad.

The Pelican Brief (7/10):

After reading the book this is based on, I jumped right into the movie. It has made some good changes from the book, and tightens the narrative, which of course you would expect a movie to do. It is the kind of movie where you have to pay a lot of attention to everything, otherwise you might find yourself lost. Having read the book I didn't face that issue, so I recommend it.

Kingsman: The Golden Circle (3/10):

One of the worst drops in quality between instalments I have seen. The movie rips apart everything that the first movie set up, and proceeds to go on a path that pisses you off on every turn. Characters are annoying and lifeless this time around, acting is almost universally bad, you cannot understand why actors like Channing Tatum and Jeff Bridges were brought in and then sidelined for an older characters return. For fukc's sake Channing Tatum was advertised so much yet is only in a few scenes before he goes into a coma for the rest of the movie. Julianne Moore, an otherwise good actress, is terrible in this movie. I seriously thought that the director had lost his mind while making this movie. This is the kind of movie that not only disappoints you, but angers you at almost every turn.

Just Friends (6/10):

Decent and funny rom-coms, plays around with tropes but ultimately tells a fun story and doesn't bore you. Elements of the Anil Kapoor movie Badhai Ho are from this movie.

Big Night (5.5/10):

It's an OK watch but after seeing it you ask yourself what actually happened in the movie.

The Perfect Storm (5/10):

Stock characters and effects that make it hard to watch the movie sink this one. I forwarded through the last 45 minutes because I couldn't understand what was happening in the movie, and I did not care about the characters. This could have been something much more, but ultimately is a disappointment.

In the middle of my winter break movie binge, I suddenly left movies and started bingeing Fringe, and very interesting and intriguing Sci-Fi show that has kept me engaged since, probably won't be watching a lot of movies since the show has me totally hooked and I want to finish it before the break ends.

Movie of the Week: The Pelican Brief.

answered Jan 22 by mr.hola Assistant Director (42,001 points)

Related questions

+5 votes
9 answers 245 views
+2 votes
4 answers 153 views
+7 votes
12 answers 196 views