• Register
Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

65.6k questions

246k answers

300k comments

727 users

–1 vote
Source Link: https://boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=4301
asked in Box Office Related by Production Accountant (26.1k points)
92% Accept Rate
–1

Sui Dhaaga - Made In India had a fair start of around 25% which is a similar opening to films like Pad Man and Raid though on lesser screens. The film will also be affected by the cricket match in the evening which could take away the crucial evening audience away from the film.

The trailer of the film was good but did not have much for the youth except the presence of Varun Dhawan but it gave the impression of a nice clean family film. The problem here on day one is that the youth has less interest so the morning collections are so so but then the film has more for the evening audience but the match will hold those collections back.

After the trailer, the music of the film was not good which meant the units coming after the trailer were not so good which could also have affected the opening a little. This makes it tough for the film to keep the traction of the trailer going and maybe the trailer releasing more close to release may have yielded better results. The film had the Sui Dhaaga promotions on social media but that hardly makes a difference as the cinema going audience hardly cares about that though the industry thinks otherwise.

Advertisement

The film can easily recover the ground lost on Friday to the match over the weekend. The film is for families so that audience will start to come on Saturday and in numbers on Sunday but it depends whether the film has to content to bring that audience in.

The film has a big national holiday on Tuesday which makes it even more important that the weekend audience takes to the film so that it can really benefit on Tuesday which is Gandhi Jayanti.

The other release of the week Pataakha has opened to very dull collections of 0-5%. The collections are not as bad films like Gala Guleiyan, Love Sonia and Manto which look close relatives of Pataakha.

The difference has come because Pataakha has a good promotional spend compared to those other films but the opening is far too weak to justify such a promotional spend. It will really need to be loved by its limited target audience to even cover this promotional spend.

7 Answers

0 votes

Best answer

It’s getting good reviews and it should be another 100cr grosser for Varun

answered by Producer (111k points)
selected by

It will be a 60cr grosser that too due to solo holiday release
100cr is out of reach

Is it that bad?

Varun was the only good thing in this movie, screen play was unimaginative & too slow.
Though as always yrf will not lose money but I think it will get flop, 60-65cr most likely

0 votes

Reviews are positive,so it should earn around 100cr.

answered by Production Accountant (20.6k points)
0 votes

55-65cr grosser at best, i didn't like this movie
Wom will be extremely mixed

answered by Camera Operator (9.5k points)
0 votes

Users predicting 100 crs should first look at the fraud that Varun Dhawan is, that's the opening of a super star lol, now some people will come & say genre, yet October is a clean social family movie with pinch of deshbhakti added, if you can't open this movie then you are a fraud in the name of superstar.

answered by Mega Star (204k points)

Who called him a superstar? He's a rising star. Not a superstar.

0 votes

I think after seeing the movie not cross 50 cr at the box office for sure. I am fully bored.

answered by Camera Operator (9.2k points)
0 votes

Looks 80cr to me .

answered by Set Designer (2.1k points)
0 votes

i call it emraan hashmi syndrome.....
when you are doing commercial roles.... you get criticized..... from the people who have mic in front of their mouths...A.K.A pseudo intellects and social media wannabes and critics... you try to satisfy them... you will lose on success and sometimes...even career gate will be shut.

answered by Star (149k points)

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer 3 views
0 votes
7 answers 7 views
–1 vote
0 answers 3 views