Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

66,999 questions

251,514 answers

307,806 comments

396 users

Aamir Khan Consolidates China Crossover With Secret Superstar. Aamir Khan is a bigger star in China than in India. [BOI]

+3 votes
Aamir Khan has consolidated his China crossover with the opening of Secret Superstar as the film collected a huge $4.25 million at 5 PM in China.  Dangal had opened to $2.1 million but this is the film that made Aamir Khan a big star in China and now Secret Superstar consolidates that status. Secret Superstar is already more than double of Dangal with still time left to add to the total.

In fact today Aamir Khan is a bigger star in China than in India going by this response. The same Secret Superstar took a 6.15 crore GROSS opening in India and in China its looking to be a 35 crore GROSS or maybe even more. In India the film had nothing for the audience and even a big star has limitations if the film is not audience friendly. But in China the popularity of Aamir Khan has over ridden all factors which means a huge star pull. The film has actually opened very well in that market while India it a was a dull start even allowing for Diwali Puja.

This crossover is very similar to Raj Kapoor in the 50's when films like Awaara, Shree 420 and Chori Chori got admissions in millions in Russia. The global crossover has never happened for actors for India as the mass audience of US / Canada and Europe has never accepted Indian actors in lead roles. People may have got work or applause for their work within the industry in the States but the public thumbs up has never come.

Here for Aamir Khan, the Chinese audience has give a huge thumbs up to him and he is probably among one of the biggest stars in China and that includes their local stars. The most important thing for a huge crossover like this is the look. Aamir Khan does not look Chinese but the height and body structure is like a conventional Chinese person and they can accept you as one of their own. Obviously the film and content has to appeal but that comes after because if you are not accepted then content will not matter. It would be impossible for an Akshay Kumar or Ajay Devgn to be accepted in China as they have a more Indian look and body structure.

The look is the main reason why no Indian actor has succeeded in the West to be popular among the audience. Forget the West we have a North and South divide in India where Hindi films stars have limited appeal with the masses in Andhra or Tamil Nadu and its vice versa for the South stars in a Delhi or Punjab.

Secret Superstar was pretty much rejected in India and whatever it did was because of Aamir Khan who managed to give it a good week on Diwali but the emotions in the film just did not work due to the strory telling style of the director.

Now it remains to be seen if its just the Aamir Khan factor in China also or has the film got something for China which it did not have for India.
Source Link: https://boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=3595
asked Jan 19 in Movie Discussions by suhas All Time best! (260,361 points)
99% Accept Rate

Real value theory is the pre eid type theories where boi decides real value on its own, many times they did so to harm Aamir

HaHa ... They've now deleted this Article after exposing themselves

One Salman fans selected best answer of Another Salman fans based on this article

How funny one Salman fan selecting answer of another Salman fan. Sadly doesn't work with me sir. I don't give a rats arse about which fan is answering my post & whom should I select.

Btw 5000+ best answers, none based on whose fan it is. The criteria has always been the answers alone. If it is not abusing or targeting anyone / if it matches what I am expectig or my views. Further I know the ones who actually give good answers rather than the usual praise the star. Since they're less active, I've stuck to not sharing the valuable posts that just don't get the response it needs.

You accused me of something, welcome. Fact is for you to know. again fan thing, carry on. Don't involve me. I don't get involved with Salman fans related stuff despite being a Salman fan. If that doesn't explain you then nothing else will.

Common sense tells that this article is not +ve about Aamir's effort and credibility he built over last 7-8 years in China.

There are many answers which are much better than your best answer ... if that was best they why its rating is -1 ? The top voted answers is much better .... straight forward telling about BOI's bullshit.

Why should we care about those 5000+ best answers ... here we are talking about this post.

On top of that you were trying to justify that Raj Kapoor looked like Russians. Well, common sense is not so common.

14 Answers

–1 vote

Best answer

Positive Article on Aamir Khan, but this one is from BOI?? Aamir fans abuse this site & this site writing positive for Aamir

answered Jan 19 by -OmKara- Production Designer (15,879 points)
selected Jan 22 by suhas

That's just copy paste of the article. Still brief. Does mention from Awara days though. The political scenario also played the part. Raj Kapoor's films were indeed a big relief for them.

One more reason- I heard, Jootha hai japani sir pe pathloon hai russia. Russia and Japan were never friends and they enjoyed this particular line

Huh? Pathloon Englishtani. Where did Russia come there? It was sar pe Laal topi roosi (red cap from Russia).

yes thats what red cap...........

+5 votes

Hahahahahahahhaahhahahahaha..............wow... .this is so so dumb that I suspect some school kid writes for them. Body structure?????? They arent insulting Aamir, they insulted themselves. Epic article

answered Jan 19 by Intense Director (127,892 points)

Yes but 1 child policy south indian it and now this.......

Aamirs stardom doesn’t need a certificate from this fake site bro. Aamir is a legend

+5 votes

The most ghatiya article from boi....

If you can't praise an actor....don't disrespect him.

At least don't give excuse like that height ......

This is Aamir hard work and dedication....

answered Jan 19 by power Assistant Director (46,765 points)
+4 votes

Here for Aamir Khan, the Chinese audience has give a huge thumbs up to him and he is probably among one of the biggest stars in China and that includes their local stars. The most important thing for a huge crossover like this is the look. Aamir Khan does not look Chinese but the height and body structure is like a conventional Chinese person and they can accept you as one of their own.

Ok then what is the reason for Srk to be famous in Kolkata , now don't say he looks like Mamta Didi/Saurav Dada & why salman is famous among low class people....

Jab picchwade me dard hota hai to dard kahi na kahi se nikalta hi good attempt charsi BOI admin...

answered Jan 19 by deepak_bishty Director (131,561 points)

Ya'll stop calling Deepak old and stuff

I fear it will become a bazigar kinda thang

On a serious note, I'd love if Rancho is made a mod. Deepak? Nooo? Who would we fight then? Constant chattering, ranting, crying and sweaing will stop once he becomes a mod. So he's better off without that burden, let him stay a free man ffs

Aa ja aa ja meri Jaan Seinfeld tera hi intezar tha..

@seinfeld
Baat me dum hai bhai.... Baazigarh bhi nhi raha.... Thekai, Sihan ko bhi bhaga diya humne. Ab agar Deepak v shant ho gaya toh hamara entertainment kaise hoga?

@seinfeld
How do u know baazigar?. were u an old user before? just curious to know....

+4 votes

Fuckkkk... Aamir is short so Chinese accepted him ? Fcuk u BOI... And in India too he is the biggest.

answered Jan 19 by Charlie runkle™ Director (124,126 points)

Lol Biggest.2nd Biggest After Salman

Mana ke salman mega star hai... Magr Bhaisaab aamir salman se kam Nahin hai B.O Pe. TOH ke time pe clear hojayega.

Aamir is biggest by margin, only for the different genres, pushing the boundries, risking himself with different movies. Only bad thing is he has done less movies compared to other stars.
Anyway, he is beyond numbers...

@kashyap
Maza nhi aya... 2-4 jokes aur maaro...

+4 votes

answered Jan 19 by mr.hola Assistant Director (46,232 points)
+2 votes

Ye Boi ganja marke commentary karte hai kya... Seriously height n body look... itni jali badi hai inki aamir khan se ke itna niche girgaye... if same was srk then boi have written words like starpower stardom world biggest movie star ye star wo star.... ye article kisi jale hue srk fan ki dhen lagti hai jisne apni sari jalan piche se gis kar liki ho.... pathetic...

answered Jan 19 by playboy Unit Manager (30,831 points)

Thanks for speaking up on this. I completely agree

+2 votes

Charas peekar article likha h ye jisne bi likha h.

answered Jan 19 by Vikram Singh Production Accountant (21,642 points)
+1 vote

Only stupid people believe in BOI commentary

Dangal mein kaunsa chinese look tha ?

North South ke divide ki baat karte hai

Aamir ki movie South India mein bhi Salman, Akshay, Ajay se jyaada collection karti hai ... agar unka look jyaada Indian hai to unki movies jyaada karni chahiye .

Aamir became a star in that market because the content of films like 3I, PK and Dangal made a connection with a foreign population – both at emotional and thematic level. BOI will never get this because they think only masala fares need to be made and fed to the Indian audience.

answered Jan 19 by bollyranga Production Designer (13,067 points)

Well said.......

+1 vote

Im expecting BOI leaks on this post

I dont know from which Angle Chocolaty boy of Bollywood who is one of the most good looking actors Of All time looks like Chinese

http://forums.itsboxoffice.com/?qa=image&qa_blobid=1708815704790716954&qa_size=200

answered Jan 19 by Rancho Production Accountant (29,749 points)
edited Jan 19 by Rancho

Which Moron Gave me a downvote.

What the Fcuk did he find in my comment what burned his fcking a$$

+1 vote

lol on BOI!...................
On one hand Boi predicted 75cr for SS, When it did almost that they say rejected and on the other hand, Komal nahata called hit a biggest small budget hit ever.....

answered Jan 19 by kashyap123 Second Unit Director (77,007 points)
edited Jan 19 by kashyap123
0 votes

Hilarious, completely troll article,Chocolate Sauce me hath dubakar thappar maar diya

Aamir Khan does not look Chinese but the height and body structure is like a conventional Chinese person and they can accept you as one of their own"

"It would be impossible for an Akshay Kumar or Ajay Devgn to be accepted in China as they have a more Indian look and body structure"

"The look is the main reason why no Indian actor has succeeded in the West to be popular among the audience. Forget the West we have a North and South divide in India where Hindi films stars have limited appeal with the masses in Andhra or Tamil Nadu and its vice versa for the South stars in a Delhi or Punjab"

This is it, now I know why Aamir said he gets more love in China than India, cause he looks like China people

This is it SRK, seize your moment, release ZERO in China, go ahead..!!

answered Jan 19 by THUNDER BIRD Mega Star (207,981 points)

@TB.. Zaahir hai... agar BOI bolta ke Aamir China mein PK ka nuude scene ki wajah se famous hai, tabh bhi aap Bhaisaab yakeen karlete

@tb
Lol................

Aamir changes his look for every film. Every look is different from other, how is it conventional?. I don't understand. In that way Ajay shouldn't be accepted in Bollywood.

@Charlie ... Nahi dhimaag hai. When you talk about ones popularity outside ones origin then race will always take over. Ofcourse south India the Dravidian stuff gets masked by all the castes & religion. Rest it doesn't.

–1 vote

Abe Jhaatu BOI tjhe Kya lgta hai CHINA BOX OFFICE real collection deta hai???
Saala Jo MOVIE harr jagah FLOP hoti hai wo CHINA me ATBB hoti hai FAST AND FURIOUS 8,TRANSFORMER THE LAST NIGHT, XXX RETURNS OF XANDER CAGE, etc... Don't believe in CHINA collection problem ye hai ki CHINA BOX OFFICE Jo de rhe wahi Sab maan le rhe hai aur paste krr rhe like Rentrak, BOX OFFICE MOJO, Boxofficeindia etc..

answered Jan 19 by Vivek Rai Art Director (2,844 points)
–1 vote

BOI is fake, paid and charsi acc to you Aamir fans (jitne bhi hai). Then WTH so much chaos over their articles? Your haay-toba is actually indicating that BOI has written the KADWA SACH...tumlogo k Antar-Aatma bhi isko sach manti hai. Tabhi toh rona-dhona chalu kar dete ho.

answered Jan 19 by TIGER- the real king Unit Manager (37,894 points)

Low class ka matlab seedha seedha-saadha nikal raha hai... Ab isme kuch guess karne ki kya zarurat pad gayi bhai?

Arey meaning thodi guess kar raha hun context guess kar raha hun usne woh word alag context mei use kiya hoga.

Anyways i rest my case here itself on this matter

Context jo bhi ho low class ka meaning jo h wohi rehega naa yaar.

Okay... Let it stop here.