• Register
Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

64.5k questions

241k answers

292k comments

395 users

+1 vote

Salman Khan-starrer Race 3 minted money at the box office, but its commercial success failed to satisfy director Remo D'Souza, leaving him scarred by the criticism and trolls against the movie.

"I learnt two very important things after that film. Firstly, never work on a half-baked script, work on the script much harder before you roll the camera. And secondly, I have learnt to put my foot down when it's needed, especially when creative difference happens. One can argue till one level, but not after that... So then, it's better to put my foot down," he told IANS.

Having started his career as a choreographer in 1995, Remo made his debut as a film director in 2011. He has choreographed for actors like Varun Dhawan, Deepika Padukone, Shradhha Kapoor, Ranbir Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra among others.

Apart from Flying Jatt, all of Remo's films have earned a good response at the box office. However, the success of Race 3 is not something he has been able to enjoy to the fullest.

He explained: "Looking at the commercial success, I should be feeling happy, isn't it? Because when I signed the film, I knew that it is a commercial film, so a good box office collection is all the project aimed for. But my heart broke when the film faced trolls and audience made fun of it on the Internet.

"I am a creative person. I am emotional and sensitive. I cannot take those trolls so sportingly to say 'I don't care'. I do care, of course, those trolls affected my mind," said the director.

"Entertainment-wise we had great action, songs, 3D, etc. People loved the action but then suddenly trolls started. The action was done by people who are masters in action... Story wise I agree there were glitches. But I have seen worst films becoming a hit," Remo told PTI.

Remo said that after the film’s release, Salman paid him a visit and told him not to worry because the film was making money and had done better than his last film.

Source Link: https://www.hindustantimes.com/bollywood/salman-khan-s-race-3-was-made-with-half-baked-script-should-have-put-my-foot-down-says-remo-d-souza/story-advr3OSyErieWe4VPI3uzM.html
asked in Movie Discussions by Mega Star (246k points)
98% Accept Rate

6 Answers

0 votes

Best answer

It's making was like Dates hai, budget hai, cast hai, festival release hai script banalenge.
Atleast there should be some efforts to make a good movie, it deserves all those negativity maybe not before release.
Among the worst Salman bhai movie ever
& Salman bhai shouldn't have infere too much in movie making, he himself spoiled the party.
Hope it's his last mistake

answered by Location Manager (6.1k points)
selected by

Bharat will make up for it in a big way. Can't say the same for dabangg3 though.

0 votes

Yeahh atleast he admitted the truth script was the real villain in race 3

answered by Production Accountant (22.5k points)

“When Shiraz Ahmed wrote the script it had the grey role. Race franchise is about grey characters but we can’t show Salman in grey character and other things were also happening. Because of all that. It just went little..,” Remo said.

Well offcourse salman will never do a grey role so they should have adjusted the script to suit the brand SALMAN KHAN
Remo completely failed as a director although i would still not blame him he only makes dance movies he should stick to that only
Race 3 is something i want to completely forget
Hopefully bharat will heal the wounds of race 3

0 votes

"Entertainment-wise we had great action, songs, 3D, etc. People loved the action but then suddenly trolls started. The action was done by people who are masters in action... Story wise I agree there were glitches. But I have seen worst films becoming a hit," Remo told PTI.

everyone have seen the movie everyone knows the truth...why are you lying...is aadmi ko chowk main nanga kar k dance karwana chhaiye.....
he faakkkkkeddd everything for us this year...... i have lost faith in salman khan movies....and his script sense.... and this guy has the guts to come out and say it was all entertaining... and great.

let me just...... politely say..... #$@&%! you .... you .... #$@& #$#$&%!#@&%!#$@&!#$@&
this is why bollywood isn't progressing..... because yahan koi apni ghalti nahe maanta.....

answered by Star (146k points)

it would have been lot better if they had burnt 185cr and shot and released it ...instead of making race 3. alllloott better.... there is absolutely no contest...race 3 is by far the worst movie of salman khan's career..... but these folks have no shame.

Jacqueline aur daisy ka ek-do lesbian kiss hote toh shayad kuch aur dhanda kar sakti thi film ..nahin toh Salman aur Bobby ke topless walk scene mein daisy shah ko bhi include Karlena tha.

0 votes

Commercial success of Race 3 - lol

Entertainment-wise we had great action, songs, 3D, etc. People loved the action - lol the only thing people loved about Race 3 was that it ended, that's it, stop fooling yourself.

Great action & songs - It seems Remo is doing Ek Galti of listening to evergreen classics like I found love, Selfish & obviously, Ek Galti

Salman paid him a visit and told him not to worry because the film was making money and had done better than his last film. - His last film was TZH, so either Salman forgot this fact or it was his driver who acted in TZH.

answered by Mega Star (200k points)

Actually Salman was talking about Remo's last film, A Flying Jatt.

OK, that makes sense, still not much of a bar to cross though lol

0 votes

Commerical success ? What's he smoking ?? The movie was a massive underperformer. He is talking as if Salman khan stopped him from making a classic

answered by Producer (103k points)

Well 300cr ww for a solo khan starrer on edx is massive underperformance.

That would be Tubelight doing 200cr+ Worldwide actually.

Tubelight was still out of salman's comfort zone
But remo managed a failure in action genre

Well this time Remo was out of his comfort zone. It was Salman's mistake to force Remo to take up this project only because the dance film was postponed.

0 votes

har post ke title main Megastar word ghusana zaruri hai kya?

answered by Unit Manager (34k points)

As far as I am concerned, YES. Feels good that way.

tjhe kya khujli hoti hai megastar word daikh k ?!?!?!