• Register
Logging in Errors

Donate to the forum

All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

64.2k questions

240k answers

291k comments

394 users

+1 vote
asked in Movie Discussions by Mega Star (245k points)
99% Accept Rate

Out of those actors, Ajay is the biggest concern. I've said this before that this year will be a test for him as Rohit Shetty isn't there direct any of his films. He has three movies e.g. Raid, Total Dhamaal & Luv Rajan's upcoming film and the question is can he give a Hit with any those three films? I guess the response from the audiences will decide if any those films do well at the BO.

4 Answers

0 votes

Srk and hr do not look in top form though for 2018.... 2019 ka pata nahi

answered by Location Manager (5.3k points)
0 votes

almost had that in 2014, but Bang Bang ended up becoming a Semi-Hit.

answered by Unit Manager (33.2k points)

Same in 2011 if Akshay had delivered a Hit. It would've been perfect as even Sunny & Bobby Deol had scored a Hit with Yamla Pagla Deewana.

Aamir in 2012

Oh yeah! Talaash.

0 votes

Hope everyone delivers a Hit with Race3 as highest grosser of the year

answered by Assistant Director (47.1k points)
0 votes

Too early to predict 2019. As far as 2018 goes, Aamir or Salman may end up grabbing Highest Grosser of the Year. With SRK, its very hard to predict the outcome because nobody liked what saw with the title of the film being announced followed by a sneek peek of the movie. He could suprise everyone but I don't like his chances at all considering people are losing hope in him with his choice of movies.

No questions about Akki as he's currently on a roll with back to back successful movies and he may end up repeating the same scenerio like 2016 & 2017. If Hrithik's film gets a very good response which I'm sure it will then there's 99% chance of him giving a Hit.

Now last but not least, Ajay Devgan. I'm a huge fan of him and I'm quite honest about his BO situation. It's more worrying for Ajay and less worries about Khans, Hrithik & Akki if we look at it from a BO standard. He hasn't given a Hit without Rohit Shetty but I think Total Dhamaal has the potential if audiences do accept the film. I don't know if Raid is really a niche movie but I would expect a repeat like Drishyam e.g. Average at the BO. His upcoming Rom Com film with Tabu & Rakul Preet looks bad on paper and its Akiv Ali's directional debut so nobody knows the BO outcome. It may Flop but if it turns out to be a suprise Hit then it will be a relief because all this talk about Ajay not being capable of giving a Hit without Rohit Shetty can be put to rest.

answered by Production Designer (13.6k points)
edited by

To say Ajay is nothing without Rohit is a lame excuse which is used during fan fights, He is More popular than Rohit, Was established star before his debut and will be crossing 25 hits mark soon which is a big deal so no need to bother hits jaise bhi mile bas milne chahiye biggest thing is that Ajay was In Lead roles in All Hits with Rohit!