Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

65,940 questions

246,956 answers

300,720 comments

396 users

Agnyaathavaasi sends shivers across the trade after a disastrous second day at the box office. Only has the festive period to do some business.

0 votes
Source Link: https://mobile.twitter.com/AndhraBoxOffice/status/951674556200046592
asked Jan 12 in Movie Discussions by suhas All Time best! (255,273 points)
99% Accept Rate

4 Answers

0 votes

Best answer

Nice...it should happen this way.So that hero's & directors who takes cinema granted will learn a lesson..
And PK,3vikaram & Producer should pay percentage of losses occurred to distributors and exhibitors...
Anyway long festive weekend ahead, collections won't drop dead low...
I think it will collect 75-85cr distributor share in full run..
Leaving 40cr losses to distributors/exhibitors.

answered Jan 12 by lxbhsh Assistant Director (55,452 points)
selected Jan 15 by suhas

If im right, 2nd day share is just 3.9cr after a day1 sharw of 27cr, still u think it will cover 75-80cr??
I dont think so..

Hmm...not following boxoffice numbers now a days.
Heard that day 1 Ww is 40cr share appx..so based on that I predicted 75-85cr as closing number.

What's this 3.9cr+ in Ap/TS ? Ww day2?

Festive week is still ahead will add 15cr+ in ap/TS irrespective of talk in those days..

70cr+ ww is quite possible

I think max 60cr share thats all considering never seen before drop amd talk

0 votes

Kudos to the makers as from now on no one say char din ki Chandni hai as now it's become 1 din ki Chandni hai phir Andheri raat hai...
90% drop in 2nd day in USA compare to its first day & the same thing happening in India , don't know when these south people will come out from their first day obsession..

answered Jan 12 by deepak_bishty Director (131,009 points)

Obsession k sath sath reporting me hutiyappa and daal me kuch kaala v h. Eg - 7-8cr ka fixed rentals 1st day ko add kiya jata h...this is reporting ka hutiyappa h. 5-6 saal pehle tak 30-40cr lifetime me big stars films SH/BB hua karti thi. And ab 1st day ko 50cr aa jata h Andhra se.....this is daal me kuch kaala h IMO.

Your remark on south people is not correct!
South people adore their stars like anything and thats why they go all out on the first day to view their idols and have a glimpse not after anyone..
But you are considering the fact around mostly flop me vies of top stars down south but it is majorly in telugu industry that these scenarious occurs,
..aa in tamil or malayalam industries big stars movies wont falter with such heavy drops even with worst wom.. They do considerably well for certain stars.. For example Vijays Bhairava or Sivakartikeyans Velaikaaran or Rajinis Kabali, or most movies of nivin pauly and dulqer withstand even mixed to poor wom to hold collections at very decent levels.. But for telugu industry like u, am also shocked to see huge disastrous drops even for big stars..

@Tiger, fixed hire & MG are also added in 1st day.
Just for example agnyaathavaasi 1st day domestic collection was only 34cr, but after adding these hires, MG it was 49cr.
USA opening day was 11cr, but 2nd day drop was 90%
Now 2nd day WW gross was 10cr
1st day WW gross was 61cr
So you can see it Telugu peoples are heroworshipping people,they love to watch movies on 1st day & also hires ,MG factor.
That's why these kind of big drops are seen.
Even if it would have received great response still movie would have been dropped by more than 60% at min .
As response is poor so drop is 85%
Trend for Telugu movies is different than Bollywood

0 votes

I don't know how this Pawan Kalyan became actor.
He is just not good in any thing.be it dance acting comedy.sucks in everything.
And he gives so pathetic performance in each and every film.
And in agnyatavaasi ,he looks so uninterested to act or even laugh fight etc etc.
One side actors are dedicating their 2-3 yrs of Thier career to look perfect and on other side this guy is uninterested to even act in movies.

answered Jan 12 by Hrithikiantilldeath Set Designer (1,859 points)

That happens for many actors who are at top level bro.. There is some connect and some phase where they attract audience and that cant be explained, its mostly in bollywood that an actor is loved for either his look, physique, or acting skill or dance but in south these factors are only secondary..

0 votes

When MB PK were in form and giving hits
NTR was giving flops
Now when NTR is in form and giving hits
MB and PK are struggling

answered Jan 12 by SSk Production Accountant (25,632 points)