Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

66,420 questions

248,944 answers

304,050 comments

396 users

Which are biggest period films of Bollywood ? Will Padmavat and ToH join list of biggest movies in this genre ?

+2 votes
Mughale-e-Ajam / Gadar are Biggest movie in this genre which comes first in mind. Lagaan had got huge appreciation and decent BO success.

I think only ATBB movies in this genre are Mughal-e-Aajam and Gadar (Correct me if I'm wrong).

Recent successful period movies are Bajirao Mastani, Jodha Akbar, Devdas, but there are also quite a lot of flop/unsuccessful movies e.g. Tubelight, MohejoDaro, Raabta, Veer, Asoka, 1947 Earth, Mangal Pandey, which stars big superstars and directos.

Looks like there is big possibility to go wrong in this genre even from very good directors.

Will SLB and Victor join list of successful period film's director with Padmavat and ToH ?
asked Jan 10 in Box Office Related by bollyranga Production Designer (12,215 points)
39% Accept Rate

edited Jan 10 by bollyranga

5 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer

Mughale Azam
Kranti
Gadar
Lagaan
Kranti and Bobby are sureshot Atbb s.Boi clearly mentioned in archives that the two are bigger Hit than Border.

answered Jan 10 by shah Executive Producer (61,578 points)
selected Jan 22 by bollyranga
+1 vote

I think thugs of hindostan is most riskiest project because budget is approx 225 cr. But aamir in the movie so "cheete ki chal baaz ki nazar or aamir ki script scene per sandeh nahi karte".

answered Jan 10 by Ajay Casting Director (17,700 points)
+1 vote

A lot has gone wrong for padmavat. Not sensing good now for the movie with so many cuts and disruptions. Hope toh crosses Lagaan as Aamir’s biggest

answered Jan 10 by Intense Director (122,173 points)
+1 vote

I have doubts over Thugs but Padmavati will surely join that list

answered Jan 13 by being_tanveer Production Accountant (24,530 points)
0 votes

Nothing justifies the title period movie more than Padman, so you must add it too, and hence Padman is the most accurate to justify it's genre so Padman is the biggest period movie in history of not only Bollywood, but of whole Indian cinema..!!

answered Jan 10 by THUNDER BIRD Mega Star (205,618 points)