• Register
Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

65.5k questions

246k answers

299k comments

714 users

+8 votes
asked in Box Office Related by Location Manager (7.8k points)
52% Accept Rate

edited by
+1

Tiger Zinda Hai set a Hindi film industry record as it grossed close to 115 crore nett over the first weekend with the collections on Sunday being phenomenal. The collections are huge all over with film being driven by the core Hindi audience be it multiplexes and single screens. The high end multiplexes were less and lower than last years Xmas release Dangal but the Salman Khan and action factor made sure it easily scored over Dangal in the opening weekend as the mass audience came out in numbers. The only circuit which is not huge is Tamil Nadu / Kerala but its not the core Hindi film audience there so makes little difference to the overall picture. The first three day figures of Tiger Zinda Hai are as follows.

Friday - 34,00,00,000 apprx

Saturday - 35,50,00,000 apprx

Sunday - 45,50,00,000 apprx

Grand Total - 1,14,75,00,000 apprx

The trend of the film is very strong as it managed to show growth on Saturday despite a strong start and Sunday went to another level. It is a national holiday on Monday so it will record another big day and looking at the weekend trend it should take advantage of the post Xmas period and sustain into January.

13 Answers

0 votes

Best answer

A huge 115 weekend after a 34 Cr start means wom factor doing great for the business...
And surprisingly this time charsi BOI have write a article with less phutiyapa..

answered by Director (128k points)
selected by

what will be your estimate for today?

Wom isnt great its mixed to little positive... salman movie always tend to score big on sunday even after low wom... even jai ho had 25cr sunday after 17cr start next day fell to 8cr n til thursday 5cr... here tzh wont fall that level bcoz wom is better but i feel its 1 time watch... people might givr chance only to action n again action not great or wow that u come only for action only in repeat watch..

+4 votes

Insane numbers..........! TIGER is on the way to hunt everything. #MEGASTARDOM.

answered by Unit Manager (35.3k points)
+4 votes

This news and these weekend figures give so much happiness to me as a Salman fan specially after the tubelight saga.I would also like to thank other stars fan bases who supported TZH by going in theatres to watch.
To all the haters who want to see Salman to fall and who made jokes after Tubelight and who doubted him.
I have these lines for them:
Kahin par toofaan abhi zinda hai
Jazbon mein jaan abhi zinda hai
Saagar khamoshi mein bhi
Saagar hi rehta hai
Leharon se kehta hai
Woh zinda hai
Tiger Abhi Zinda Hain!

answered by Set Decorator (1.4k points)
+3 votes

Thoda idhar udhar karke 115 deta to kya jata boi ka

answered by Camera Operator (11.6k points)
+1

hahahaha dil maange more

+2

Haha... Idhar udhar nhi chahiye. Jo sahi h wohi chahiye.

Today Delhi on destruction mode.. Mumbai sambhal lo koi

Aaplog sambhalo... Aaphi toh Mumbai se ho...

+3 votes

115cr is excellent figure agar 120cr hota toh mazaa ata with fri 37 n sat 39..

answered by Production Accountant (27.9k points)
+3 votes

hahaha the amount of excitement that BOI has shown for TZH ...they have not done that since dilwale.....
ja BOI.... tjhe tere next 10 articles aamir khan ki favour main advance main maaaf.....

answered by Star (149k points)
+2 votes

One issue i still have is that we'll have to see that wether it's really going to do well in long run or is it just holiday effect, i mean this year almost every movie was looking at much bigger lifetime till holidays, infact some movies were declared blockbuster within 3 days yet once that period got over, movie settled down on lower lifetime, which happened this year twice, and once boi got egg inti their face when they declared a movie blockbuster, yet movie didn't trended well after so just saying that sometimes weekend trend can be misleading too

So wait to see if it's really going on a long run or it was just audience wanting to see some really big movie after mostly disappointing year.

answered by Mega Star (204k points)
+1

Boring Boring Boring

We will enjoy what it has done on sunday.. baki baad ki baat hai

And we saw what happened with tubelight with holidays... WOM seems good so anything can happen

I want you tu be a little bit positive.. Hope you can find it in yourself to do that

45 crs Sunday - what more positivity you want??

woh toh collections hai.. mai aapke mijaaz ki baat kar raha hu bhaisaab

That was for other smaller movies like TEPK. Golmaal Again did better than expectation in diwali. Golmaal again trended quite well even after the holidays

+2 votes

Yeh kya hogaya koi to roklo. 45.50crore This is insane wow proud of Bhai

answered by Set Designer (2.4k points)
edited by
+2 votes

By the way my prediction was 125cr for weekend and 160cr for 4 days but looking like 4 days will be close enough to match 160cr

answered by Production Accountant (22.9k points)
+2 votes

300cr looks easy now.

answered by Production Accountant (20.6k points)

Aapke k moonh me ghee-shakkar...

+2 votes

Bollywood abhi Zinda Hai ..

Courtesy Tiger Zinda Hai ..

answered by Editor (80.8k points)
+2 votes

It's called phenomenal, roar Tiger roar

answered by Assistant Director (49.5k points)
+1 vote

Man that's insane.. . Movie isn't even that good.. Salman

answered by Set Designer (1.8k points)

Related questions

+4 votes
13 answers 443 views
+5 votes
9 answers 336 views
+4 votes
6 answers 298 views
298 views asked Jan 8 in Box Office Related by Seinfeld Location Manager (7.8k points)