• Register
Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

64.5k questions

241k answers

292k comments

395 users

+10 votes
Tiger Zinda Hai has simply annihilated the box office on Sunday. Its about the masses where despite lower collections than last years Dangal at high end multiplexes it has gone far past the Sunday number of that film. There is not much to say as the numbers say it all. The figures are still coming in but looking at the early numbers from key areas like Punjab, UP and Gujarat its looking a 44 crore nett plus Sunday. This is taking the weekend of the film to around 114 crore nett easily surpassing the 105.50 crore nett record of Sultan. The weekend daily figures looks as follows.

Friday - 34,00,00,000 apprx

Saturday - 35,50,00,000 apprx

Sunday - 44,50,00,000 (early estimate)

Grand Total - 1,14,00,00,000 apprx

The Sunday numbers show that the audience will still turn up in hordes for good cinema but sadly a major section of this industry thinks the likes of Newton and Neerja is good cinema which is laughable and shows the disconnect with the paying audience but that is a topic for another day.
http://www.boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=3518
asked in Box Office Related by Unit Manager (34.9k points)
93% Accept Rate

still it never crossed 40... you may say its business was spread across 5 days but the truth remains...

1day 40cr is any day lesser than equally distributed epic 35cr trend.

What Sultan did, just isn't easy even for Salman Khan to repeat let alone other stars.

Yeah the trend was sublime but a 40 cr day was very desirable... which tzh achieved and then some

@seinfeld
Sultan didn't get any full fledged holidays in first 3-4 days. Both 1st day and 2nd day were partial holidays. 3rd and 4th days were non holidays. And you can't expect 40cr on Sunday (fifth day) when the film already had 4 back to back 35cr days.

16 Answers

+4 votes

Best answer

Excellent ....

Sure shot blockbuster.

answered by Assistant Director (42.1k points)
selected by
+5 votes

absolutely incredible

answered by Unit Manager (33.9k points)
+5 votes

45cr on 4600 screens.... with losing 2cr to cricket match ......!! with ATP lower than dangal, PK and baahubali. let that sink in for a second.

dabangg came... broke all time weekend record
bodyguard came...broke all time weekend record
ett came ........broke all time weekend record
dabangg 2 came.... broke all time weekend record
bb came ... broke all time weekend record
sultan came... broke all time weekend record
TZH came...broke all time weekend record

race 3 ... guaranteed to break all time weekend record.....

ready ... second highest weekend grosser
PRDP...second highest weekend grosser
kick ...3rd highest weekend grosser
jai ho....4th highest weekend grosser

never seen before boxoffice domination.... never will we see this sort of boxoffice domination again....

as said by suhas... salman khan is the last megastar

answered by Star (146k points)
edited by

If release on Diwali next day the. Baahubali Sunday figure will be a gone case & I can guarantee for that ..

Enjoy the Success but never underestimate Aamir Khan..... 41cr last year for not so commercial film is a big achievement

It's relatively easy to give 45cr for a big out and out action film. Thugs will show why......

@Grand All Khan's are megastar

+1

@vikram
u are one guy who likes all the 3 khans equally and not showing any hated to any actor.
I appreciate it........

+3 votes

Wow this is really earth shattering number Salman rocks proud to be his fans

answered by Set Designer (2k points)
+3 votes

Amazing stuff but I'm hoping it does really well tomorrow to ensure huge first week.

answered by Set Designer (2.4k points)
+3 votes

That is huge , tiger roars big time, it shows again that salman khan is the mass maharaja of bollywood.

answered by Assistant Director (41.2k points)
+3 votes

Masssss
Megastar rules

answered by Production Accountant (22.4k points)
+3 votes

After seeing this out of the world numbers of Tiger Zinda Hai Haters will go offline on every social media platforms be it twitter,Facebook and its box office forum coz of sheer insecurity and envious and the sale of burnol will be max today at Pharmacies , I hope these haters will never ever put some doubt over Megastrdom of Salman khan coz When it comes to Opening no body can withstand Salman khan even in dreams

answered by Production Accountant (22.3k points)
+3 votes

Comment on Neerja movie was unnecessary as movie was very good and coming back to the topic collections on Sunday is just unbelievable.

answered by Casting Director (19.9k points)
+3 votes

It indeed has destroyed all records. Insane collections and now chances to touch 40cr today on xmas day. What problem does BOI have with neerja? It was one of the best movies of 2016, I guess BOI ke admin ko samajh nahi aayi.

answered by Producer (103k points)
+3 votes

It's hugely insane... Biggest day ever.. Movie is awesome it deserved it..

answered by Second Unit Director (73.2k points)

pakistan se ho na bhai? kidhar dekhi? and how did the aman ki asha go down with you

I loved it.. Wanted to see in theatres it got banned.. *** censor board.. I had to see where i could.. You know

+3 votes

excellent figures.......Lets hope tuesday will be huge too then salman will have 3
films in 300cr club

answered by Production Accountant (25.7k points)
+3 votes

answered by Second Unit Director (79.9k points)

Call him emperor. King bahut chhota saa lagta h

+2 votes

Listen everyone, don't look at us with evil eyes, Salman will be ahead always

answered by Assistant Director (47.5k points)
+1 vote

Excellent stuff & now week 1 have the chance to go over 220 Cr but phutiya BOI is still showing double standard on one hand he is showing bigger FFs due to huge earning in single screens which I believe because this movie actually have potential to do very well on single screens but on the same time BOI is showing higher gross which is simply not possible if your mostly income coming from single screens...
Charsi hai to kaam to aise hi karega phir.

answered by Director (127k points)

Don't take their commentary seriously bro

Seriously 2 Rupees Commentry by BOI. Acc to them, Woman centric film "Neerja" which earn 72cr* Nett in india, was a Bad film !

+1 vote

Incredible feat man!! 45 cr is finally achieved by a bollywood film. Tiger roars big time!

answered by Location Manager (5.2k points)

Related questions

+2 votes
4 answers 138 views
+7 votes
6 answers 139 views
139 views asked Dec 28, 2017 in Box Office Related by TIGER- the real king Unit Manager (34.9k points)