Tiger Zinda Hai was the fifth highest opening daycollection of all time if we look at the GROSS collections. It made it nine films that have gone over 40 crore gross on day one with two films crossing the 50 crore mark and both are Salman Khan starrers, Prem Ratan Dhan Payo and SultanThere has been a change in the taxes this year with GST which alters the positions a little from the NETT collections. Basically there is a bigger share in the pie in terms of NETT collections after the tax change;Below are the highest opening day figures in GROSS. Outright Hindi films only, Hindi language only.
1. Prem Ratan Dhan Payo - 54.14 crore
2. Sultan - 51.15 crore
3. Happy New Year - 49.01 crore
4. Singham Returns - 43.44 crore
5. Tiger Zinda Hai - 43.41 crore
6. Dhoom 3 - 43.36 crore
7. Ek Tha Tiger - 41.29 crore
9. Chennai Express - 40.81 crore
9. Dangal - 39.97 crore
10. Golmaal Again - 38.58 crore ..