Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

65,618 questions

245,730 answers

299,025 comments

396 users

Shah Rukh Khan Replaces Aamir Khan in Rakesh Sharma Biopic

+2 votes

Source : https://www.thequint.com/entertainment/bollywood/shah-rukh-khan-replaces-aamir-in-rakesh-sharma-biopic

It’s confirmed. Not Aamir Khan but Shah Rukh Khan will play astronaut Rakesh Sharma in the biopic Salute produced by Sidharth Roy Kapur and directed by Mahesh Mathai.

And the transition is, according to very reliable sources, “very smooth, stress-free and amicable”. Apparently Aamir personally met Shah Rukh Khan to tell him that the role is worth Shah Rukh’s while.

“So the first question Shah Rukh would’ve asked Aamir is, if it’s such a great role, why are you not doing it yourself? Before that Aamir explained to Shah Rukh that he, Aamir intended to devote at least ten years of his life to a very dear project, presumably the Mahabharat, and has therefore stopped accepting any other assignments. Aamir strongly recommended the Rakesh Sharma  biopic to Shah Rukh as a script worth walking that extra mile for .”

After deep discussions and long meetings with Siddharth Roy Kapur, Shah Rukh has been signed to play Rakesh Sharma.

Sources totally discard the other names thrown around for the part. “It was mentioned that Ranbir Kapoor and Ranveer Singh were approached and that they turned down the role. Not true at all. The role went straight from Aamir to Shah Rukh.”

Interestingly Salute is not Shah Rukh’s first brush with outer space and astronomy. He had played a NASA engineer in Ashutosh Gowariker’s Swades. Little did he know that he would return to that milieu.

Salute to that.

Source Link: https://www.thequint.com/entertainment/bollywood/shah-rukh-khan-replaces-aamir-in-rakesh-sharma-biopic
asked Dec 18, 2017 in Movie Discussions by bollyranga Camera Operator (11,083 points)
46% Accept Rate

8 Answers

+4 votes

unless the movie budget is over 250cr for just production.... this will not hold well for audience...

reason is simple....

these movies cater to high end multiplexes..... and those people are used to watching gravitys and interstellers of the world.....
if your movie doesn't look good.... enough with its special effects.... they will not like it... because their bar is set very high....

its not a masala or commercial movie which will cater to masses.

and even if this movie is given 250cr production budget with srk .... it'll still falter to get audience....becasued srk's fan following .... is not too strong in multiplexes..... outside srk universe and few other fan clubs... which is why ... it'll be a bad idea

answered Dec 18, 2017 by Grand Nova Star (146,643 points)

You said it. 250cr budget will kill the movie.

Hope it is one of those critics friendly film to gain positivity around Srk starrer by winning few awards.

0 votes

Let's wait for an official confirmation..!!

answered Dec 18, 2017 by THUNDER BIRD Mega Star (202,527 points)

Wondering why aren't you excited? Officially announced or not! Don't think it would be different even after the announcement which you're asking.

Because i'm wondering will it be commercial enough or will it be another Fan, JHMS, DZ type limited appeal movie??

If Aamir had done it then I would've said commercially viable. With no Aamir, the possibility of commercial film just got way lower. That's coz I doubt whether director has calibre to do justice to Srk's talent or fall for his persona by trying to implement all those stuff he first wrote for Aamir & pull off an Akshay out of Srk.

That's exactly why I'm not that much excited..!!

0 votes

A role which Aamir had liked.....this is what shahrukh needs. I am excited for this one, sounds official. So 2019 could be it then

answered Dec 18, 2017 by Intense Producer (113,933 points)

History says the opposite. i.e. 3 Idiots.

0 votes

i dont think hes the man... maybe during 2000s but not now.. just maybe... hes been making non-swades like movies for a decade now

answered Dec 18, 2017 by Seinfeld Camera Operator (8,013 points)
0 votes

I want Operation Khukri or Don 3 more than that.

Anyway, I again won't believe anything until SRK confirms it himself.

answered Dec 18, 2017 by mr.hola Unit Manager (38,871 points)
0 votes

If it's true we will see different roles from SRK... boxoffice success is need of an hour for Srk

answered Dec 18, 2017 by Haider Second Unit Director (75,659 points)
0 votes

Movie won't be that commercial at all coz of its subject so not interested in limited subject movie he should do Don3 instead

answered Dec 18, 2017 by being_tanveer Production Accountant (23,508 points)
0 votes

SRK should do this movie.

answered Dec 18, 2017 by Vikram Singh Production Accountant (21,150 points)

Related questions

+4 votes
3 answers 241 views
241 views asked Mar 12 in Opinion by Intense Producer (113,933 points)
+2 votes
7 answers 339 views
+2 votes
6 answers 338 views