Registrations are open for a very limited time. Logging in Errors
Donate to IBO
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

63,397 questions

236,221 answers

285,798 comments

377 users

Akshay Kumar quits Moghul - (Reports)

+2 votes

View image on Twitter

Months after Tulsi Kumar said "Akshay Kumar is perfect for Mogul," the superstar has reportedly dropped out of the biopic on T-Series' Gulshan Kumar. Akshay reportedly suggested changes to the script of Mogul and was blatantly ignored by director Subhash Kapoor, stated mid-day. "Akshay has some concerns over the script that director Subhash Kapoor has greenlit. He requested that a few things be rewritten. But, Subhash was adamant," mid-day quoted a source as saying. The creative differences made the 50-year-old actor change his mind and opt out of the movie - "Hence, Akshay thought it was best if he opted out," the source was quoted as saying.

Akshay, however, is yet to inform the makers of Mogul with an official intimation, added the mid-day report. The first poster of Mogul stated that it was supposed to release next year but now with a free slot on his roster, Akshay Kumar is said to give out his dates to other producers. 

Akshay Kumar@akshaykumar

My association with Him began with my very first film. He was The Emperor Of Music! Now know His story... #Mogul, The Gulshan Kumar story!

9:31 AM - Mar 15, 201

Mogul director Subhash Kapoor and the Toilet: Ek Prem Katha actor have already worked together - they collaborated for this year's courtroom drama Jolly LLB 2 which featured Akshay as a struggling lawyer from Lucknow.

Earlier this year, Gulshan Kumar's daughter Tulsi told news agency PTI that Akshay is the most suited actor for the role because: "There are a lot of similarities between Akshay and my father. Akshay is a Punjabi and so are we. He is Delhi-based and my dad was also from Delhi. I think he would be able to pull off the character."

Mogul or not, Akshay Kumar has Rajinikanth's 2.0 to look forward to which is releasing in April. He's also currently shooting for Padman, which co-stars Radhika Apte and Sonam Kapoor.

Source Link: https://www.ndtv.com/entertainment/ignored-akshay-kumar-reportedly-quit-this-film-1784149
asked 4 days ago in Opinion by Intense Cinematographer (97,536 points)
91% Accept Rate

edited 4 days ago by Zin

4 Answers

+2 votes

Best answer

Being a patriot akshay did a right thing by pulling out of Mogul ..There is no place for Mughals in our Akhand Bharat.

answered 4 days ago by Charlie runkle™ Producer (115,329 points)
selected 4 days ago by Intense
+1 vote

Wait a minute??
Did i just saw a message "Be respectful to others" on top of answer box..??
That's Awesome..!! Great work @Zin.

And now coming on question, I'm sure Mr Patriot must've asked to put some deshbhakti angle in the movie but director ignored it, hence he refused to do it, it's simple, Akki has become way too predictable nowdays lol

answered 4 days ago by THUNDER BIRD Super-star (194,947 points)
+1 vote

Don't know who is in the wrong here.

The director himself hasn't seen much success, so it's not like he's some visionary. Akki is probably his best shot at another hit.

On the other hand, the directors franchise gave Akki a HIT and a big TV success. So maybe he should trust the director?

Anyway, hopefully someone even better steps in to take the lead.

answered 4 days ago by mr.hola Unit Manager (30,545 points)
0 votes

Akshay might have insisted on adding some patriotic elements in the movie

answered 4 days ago by shah Unit Manager (38,160 points)

Related questions

+4 votes
2 answers 233 views
+4 votes
1 answer 126 views