• Register
Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

65.6k questions

246k answers

300k comments

727 users

+5 votes
:small

●One of the best romantic Comedies.
●Super hit Verdict
●Excellent music
●Excellent acting by actors
●3rd clean Hit film of Aamir Juhi pair. This was last time Aamir and juhi were seen together in a Film.
●This was only Time Ajay and Aamir acted together in a movie.
●This was 2nd movie of Aamir with Indra kumar after Blockbuster, Hgoty Dil (later they also worked in Average Mann)
●1st movie of Aamir with Kajol (later they also worked in Super hit Fanaa)
●Most watched Film of Ajay Devgan Career.
asked in Movie Discussions by Production Accountant (22.1k points)
93% Accept Rate

edited by

10 Answers

+2 votes

Best answer

My childhood film which I recall watching in 1998. One of the best and memorable movies in the 90s era. It was once in a lifetime to see Aamir & Ajay work together and their chemistry superb. Man, I was laughing when Aamir was walking on those pipes in an attempt to save Ajay who couldn't stop looking at Kajol. The part where they end up in that the lady's bathroom was soo funny.

In terms of comedy, Aamir was the best and just makes you laugh not just the scenes with Ajay but with his co-star Juhi. This example of Aamir & Juhi's chemistry.

I also like the series scenes where Ajay realized what his father had done to him and wanted him to marry Juhi. The part where he goes deranged was brilliant and I felt Ajay was the best in series scenes.

--
Aamir is superb as I mentioned in terms of comedy and just keeps you entertained.

Ajay gives good performance but mainly in series scenes. In comedy, he was good but not great in comparison to Aamir.

Juhi Chawla & Kajol were excellent in their respective parts.

Overall, Ishq was a great film which brings back memeories from my childhood.

answered by Production Designer (14k points)
selected by
+3 votes

It's damn funny... Aamir and Juhi overshadowed other pair with their funny comic scenes..... Original Neend Churai Meri was much better

answered by Second Unit Director (74.1k points)
+3 votes

I have watched this movie so many times. Very good movie and Aamir completely overshadowed Ajay in this movie.

answered by Production Accountant (20.6k points)
+2

Hahaha yes bt some ajay fans dare to say this film belongs to Ajay more as he was bigger star rofl. Aamir just gave a bb and atbb before that movie. This is infact most watched film of Ajay what more to say.
But anayways nothing against ajay Both Aamir and Ajay had meaty roles it was 2 hero movie.

+3 votes

Superb movie. It had such good humour unlike the shit we see these days in the name of Golmaal etc. Aamir was terrific, supreme comic timing, the parts where he scares Juhi, he and Ajay in that car without brakes, Aamir walking on pipes, all was amazingly good.

Ajay was damn good in the movie too, towards the end, but Aamir stole the show. Chocolate boy looks, romance, comedy, basically he showed what a package he is.

answered by Producer (111k points)
+1 vote

Watched it on TV more than 100 times. My fav seen was Aamir walking on pipe to save Ajay & this was damn hilarious back in those days. Still a entertaining movie. 4/5

answered by Location Manager (5.8k points)
+1 vote

a proper bollywood movie not like today's critics pseudo hit movie

answered by Set Decorator (1.7k points)
+1 vote

seen it many times. still enjoy it whenever it is on TV.

as most have mentioned, the scene where Aamir and Ajay are on the pipes is hilarious.

the song which was recently remade is also quite good, but the remake is better IMO.

one thing though, recently it was on TV and I saw just a few scenes. in one scene Aamir plays a horrible prank on Juhi, and she slaps him in anger, warning him to never joke with her again. that scene was followed by Kajol scolding her for insulting him with the slap, I thought that was a very poorly written and thought-out scene.

answered by Unit Manager (38k points)
+1 vote

I still have the VHS...... Very Entertaining film

answered by Second Unit Director (74.7k points)
+1 vote

The movie underperformed according to its Potential. the movie was damn entertaining a d there was enough drama for 90s Audience . Should have been Blockbuster with such huge Starcast

answered by Producer (101k points)
–2 votes

Ajay Was saving grace of this film....... been big HIT coz of him only

answered by Location Manager (7.3k points)

For that I have already explained myself as it was my mistake but it is more due to some particular users...

I have also explained everything...

Ok good now expecting no nonsense from. your side including 38 or 38 fans... I will try myself to not say anything bad against Salman..

Okay....let's see who brings unnecessary things at first.

Related questions

+4 votes
2 answers 115 views
+2 votes
4 answers 194 views
194 views asked Nov 20 in General by Nikeel Production Designer (14k points)
+2 votes
4 answers 91 views