The content films which are budgeted under 30 crore have seen a downturn in business as only Hindi Medium has really put up good numbers and got to 60 crore nett but even here it got huge advantage of tax exemption from release in Maharashtra and then Madhya Pradesh and Delhi city followed in week two and week three respectively. So without these even the best of the smaller films would not have hit 60 crore. Despite the huge upward potential these is just no growth for these films with 60 crore nett which was hit by Kahaani and Queen years back becoming an even tougher task.
It is just three films that have crossed 30 crore nett and Tumhari Sulu will go above Ittefaq but it will not be able to hit the Bareilly Ki Barfi number and 30 crore will be dependent on the third week business. . Below is a list of the top grossing films this year with a under 30 cr cost including budget and p&a.
1. Hindi Medium - 63,06,00,000
2. Shubh Mangal Saavdhan - 41,98,00,000
3. Bareilly Ki Barfi - 34,02,00,000
4. Ittefaq - 27,40,00,000 (24 days)
5. Phillauri - 25,02,00,000
6. Tumhari Sulu - 23,75,00,000 apprx (10 Days)
7. Newton - 22,18,00,000
8. Ok Jaanu - 21,32,00,000
9. The Ghazi Attack - 20,14,00,000
10. Begum Jaan - 20,05,00,000