Registrations are open for a very limited time. Logging in Errors

Donate to the forum

All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

63,479 questions

236,634 answers

286,029 comments

383 users

What was the deal with hum tumhare hai Sanam? Everybody in the film acting like barjatya film and Srk was acting like its a RGV film.

+4 votes
Say something about this film..
asked Nov 26 in General by Charlie runkle™ Producer (115,359 points)
88% Accept Rate

edited Nov 26 by Charlie runkle™

Up vote kar diya. Ab samajha dijiye.

Correction kardiya.. Ab padho

Blame it on K.S.Adhiyamaan. The original which he only directed was terrific. For Hindi, he went full on stereotyping Bollywood & stargiri.

1. For Madhuri those dance numbers were added. Revathy played her role in the original, director relied on her acting talent than gimmicks.

2. Salman Khan too. Ofcourse Karthik found it a cakewalk in original. Director again went by Salman's stardom. Aishwarya's character well though was same as in original, you can see she was cast coz of Salman. His character was too Bollywoodised. Except for the confrontation scene, everything else was made typical Bollywood.

3. Shah Rukh Khan.. honestly his casting was perfect to match the supreme Raghuvaran from original. Sadly, again Adhiyamaan gave him the scenes yet also gave certain scenes to undermine his jealousy issue. He made that comical. I am talking about Gale mein laal tie song & entire scenario of Srk imagining Salman & Madhuri dance. that was of poor taste.

And other supporting actors were totally ignored.

That's why HTHS is nowhere near the Tamil original Thotta Chinungi. May be if it was not delayed so much then it would've looked tiny bit better.

@Suhas... Every film has a graph regarding the screenplay where characters are required to be in line with each other . Do u think SRK jumped the points on the graph ? Because I feel his performance didn't match the screenplay. And iam not talking about the "frustrated character" and how he nearly destroyes his marriageb because Inspite of being an acclaimed performer he didn't create any sympathy in my heart . I want to take example of Ajay from Omkara who doubts his lover , he too was frustrated but he wasn't even remotely funny ( forgive me for comparing Omkara and HTHS).And Srk was like acting for a different film in the different universe , not in sync with the other characters and the mood of the film.

10 Answers

+1 vote

did not understand your question bro

answered Nov 26 by Rancho Casting Director (17,371 points)

Done ab samjhao question

Correct kardiya title..

My question is why Srk character seemed funny to me when it wasnt supposed to be . Did he not listen to the script and his performance seemed to be not matching with the screenplay.

He did what varun dhawan does in comedy movies nowadays i.e, overacting.

+1 vote

I did not understand your question.

About the film: one of the most cringeworthy things I have ever watched.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ I Love You

answered Nov 26 by mr.hola Unit Manager (30,734 points)

Correct kardiya hai

Maximum of that cringe is contributed by that one Gale Mein Laal Tie song.

just saw that song for the first time. absolutely hilarious.

From the original,

From the remake,

+1 vote

It's Hum Tumhare Hai Sanam, not HSSH........

answered Nov 26 by Criminal Director (134,085 points)

Damn it... Thank for correcting my blunder..

Ab samjha dijiyo bakio ko

+1 vote

Actually, I don't like HTHS. Why srk accepted this film ? What was the need ? Seriously.

answered Nov 26 by Boxofficemaan Assistant Director (43,515 points)
+1 vote

Except the song "Taron ka chamakta gehna ho" i didn't like anything abt tht film ..
& ofcourse Salman & Srk oral fight ....

answered Nov 26 by Irdwhelp Second Unit Director (78,228 points)
+1 vote

Boring film. They was no need of such Megastar in such a small film.

answered Nov 26 by Sanal Director (138,688 points)
0 votes

srk crossed all the limit of overacting he even crossed his overacting hamming skill which he used in deewna debu film

the scenes were so bad that wheneve I watched this film in the past mera mann karta tha vomiting karne ka

answered Nov 26 by Vectus Set Designer (2,408 points)
0 votes

It vwas really an unnecessary movie. Stupid to say the least. It's hrd to imagine a man so good looking (atleast back then) be so insecure.

If it was someone else in SRK's place then it was okay.

It was a crapfest all the way.

answered Nov 26 by Seinfeld Art Director (2,676 points)
0 votes

It was never meant to be like that but it ended up being an unintentional comedy. Especially the parts where a jealous SRK is suspecting his wife and salman together. The movie was dated tbh, a good one time watch

answered Nov 26 by Intense Cinematographer (97,894 points)
0 votes

My first movie in theatre with cousins in 2002 at Bangalore.. its my fav Salman Srk movie.. i really liked it... Gud story n strong casting... With little more seriousness n clarity this movie would hav been great.. Srk was gud ya he did little overacting but its much better than other overacting films... Srk n his secretary conversions scene was best as a husband thinking...

answered Nov 26 by playboy Production Accountant (26,760 points)

Related questions

+3 votes
7 answers 111 views
111 views asked Nov 20, 2013 in Old by Deleted User Id - 0
+1 vote
1 answer 183 views
183 views asked Oct 14 in General by Charlie runkle™ Producer (115,359 points)
+3 votes
3 answers 182 views
182 views asked Apr 28, 2016 in Movie Discussions by Criminal Director (134,085 points)