Registrations are open for a very limited time. Logging in Errors

Donate to the forum

All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

63,479 questions

236,634 answers

286,029 comments

383 users

Is varun dhawan the biggest overactor and hamming actor in the history of hindi cinema?

+1 vote
asked Nov 25 in General by Vectus Set Designer (2,408 points)
11% Accept Rate

@suhas
then who is acc to you?

I always say you have a habit of saying opposite to what a post. you never agrees to anybody views.

I hope you wont take sir amir name here.

Vectus I guess you want others to answer something different isnt it? Youre not targetting VD.

@Vectus if you know for a fact then all the actors have hammer one way or another in their career. The moment you use history of Hindi cinema then instantly it's a No. has Salman hammed? Yes. Has Srk? Yes. Has Aamir? Hell yes. Same goes for overacting.

Does VD overact? Yes. He goes overboard several times. And that is the reason why in some scenes when he actually acts well even in those Dulhania films, it ends up looking awkward. It's his energy. Not all directors utilize & contain it. David Dhawan toh never did that in both the films.

Brace yourself @suhas. There is a storm coming very soon.

3 Answers

+1 vote

no. he has done it in his father's movies more than anything. other wise he's usually decent. he was very good in Badlapur and also perfectly suited the role in BKD. I'm sure he'll be very good in October as well.

answered Nov 25 by mr.hola Unit Manager (30,734 points)
+1 vote

No obviously not. He does not overact. He is a decent actor. And was pretty good in Badlapur

answered Nov 26 by Intense Cinematographer (97,894 points)
+1 vote

He is a good actor and his screen presence is superb. He acted very well in Badlapur and BKD.

answered Nov 26 by Vikram Singh Production Designer (15,153 points)

Related questions

+6 votes
10 answers 169 views
169 views asked Jun 20, 2014 in Opinion by Baazigar All Time best! (282,368 points)
+5 votes
13 answers 239 views
239 views asked Feb 21, 2014 in Actors by Baazigar All Time best! (282,368 points)