Golmaal Again has emerged the highest NETT grossing Diwali release of all time but in terms of GROSS business which is the actual amount collected at ticket counters it still remains below Prem Ratan Dhan Payo released in 2015. The distributor share of Golmaal Again is also less than Prem Ratan Dhan Payo by around 5-6 crore.
Both the gross and share numbers have remained lower due to the clash with Secret Superstar as with a solo release it is pretty certain the GROSS numbers would have have been much better and ditto for the Distributor share . Below is a list of the top ten highest grossing Diwali releases in terms of GROSS figures.
1. Prem Ratan Dhan Payo (2015) - 267.54 crore
2. Golmaal Again (2017) - 261.50 crore apprx (35 Days)
3. Happy New Year (2014) - 240.83 crore
4. Krrish 3 (2013) - 237.46 crore
5. Ra. One (2011)- 153.95 crore
6. Golmaal 3 (2010)- 149.12 crore
7. Ae Dil Hai Mushkil (2016) - 147.66 crore
8. Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2012) - 137.83 crore
9. Son Of Sardaar (2012) - 119.74 crore
10. Shivaay (2016) - 111.73 crore