18. kashyap123 - 66 points
  19. Maniac01 - 62 points
  20. Irdwhelp - 60 points
  21. Invincible - 60 points
  22. Greek God - 52 points
  23. power - 51 points
  24. Sanal - 49 points
  25. Santosh - 43 points
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

67.7k questions

256k answers

312k comments

1.1k users

+7 votes

Prithviraj Kapoor played the father of Dr.Rajkumar in the film Sakshatkara (1971). It's an evergreen classic.

Lata Mangeshkar's first Kannada song was for the movie Sangolli Rayanna. She gas sung few others later.

Mohd.Rafi's first Kannada song was Neenelli Nadeve Doora (Translation - Where would you walk so far?) in 1967.

Kishore Kumar's first Kannada song was Aadu Aata Aadu. A peppy dance number.

Glamour queen Rekha starred opposite Dr.Rajkumar in the early Bond film, Operation Jackpotnalli CID 999 (1969).

One of the best television serials Malgudi Days was directed by Shankar Nag. He also directed Swamy later on. Shankar Nag was one of the revolutionary directors of Indian cinema. He also starred in Utsav (1984) & he's the late husband of actress Arundhati Nag who played the grand mother of Big B in Paa.
![enter image description here][1]

Kishan Srikanth is the youngest to direct a full feature length film in the history of world cinema. He was 10 years old when he directed C/o Footpath in 2006. The guinness record still stays to be under his name.
![enter image description here][2]

Rajinikanth debuted in Kannada films first before migrating to Tamil films. The most popular bus conductor in Karnataka is Rajinikanth & the most popular auto driver is Shankar Nag. They're gods for them. Although Rajini did work as bus conductor, Shankar Nag became famous because of his role in the blockbuster film Auto Raja.

Last one & my favorite, it seems a lot of engineers have turned actors in Kannada film industry. For example, Sudeep, Ramesh Aravind who both are mechanical engineers.
![enter image description here][3]![enter image description here][4]
[1]:
[2]:
[3]:
[4]:

in Archived by All Time best! (260k points)
98% Accept Rate

4 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer

Shankar Nag is a true Legend of Kannada movie industry even todays generation uses his name in movies.Ramesh is one of my favorite actor, who can forget his superb performance in America America and Amrutavarshini!

by Unit Manager (30.1k points)
selected by
+1
Amrutavasrshini climax made me sad
+1
Bhale Bhale Chandada is one of my fav song
me too yaar and all songs are superb in amrutavarshini and america america.
+1
That was the time when Kannada movies were used to be good!........ Now all bad movies and songs
+1 vote

Sudeep is my favourite actor thanks for sharing this info

by Assistant Director (45.4k points)
+1 vote

Add Lucia to the list!.... It is the first crowd funded movie... It blew my mind......

by Second Unit Director (76.5k points)
It's the first crowd funded film for Kannada industry, not Indian film industry so didn't add it. Plus I made a mistake of not adding Pushpaka Vimana of Kamal Hassan. I was thinking of maximum characters & I missed it. Will try to post it in part 3.
0 votes

Sudeep is my favourite kannada hero.
His performance in EEGA(MAKKI) is simply superb......

by Assistant Director (56.9k points)

Related questions

+8 votes
4 answers 1.1k views
1.1k views asked Dec 11, 2013 in Archived by Suhas All Time best! (260k points)
+4 votes
1 answer 93 views
93 views asked Jan 4, 2014 in Archived by Nikhil Camera Operator (10.1k points)
+15 votes
1 answer 75 views