18. Hrithikiantilldeath - 40 points
  19. Vivek Rai - 27 points
  20. Baadshah - 26 points
  21. Seinfeld - 26 points
  22. CultCharm - 22 points
  23. Irdwhelp - 22 points
  24. nitesh singh - 20 points
  25. God Father - 18 points
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

69.3k questions

263k answers

322k comments

1.3k users

Categories

+8 votes
1.1k views

Dr.Rajkumar remains to be the first Indian actor to be awarded a doctorate. He got it in 1976.
![enter image description here][1]

Dr.Rajkumar is one of the best actors India has ever seen till date was never awarded a National award for acting. But, he's the only megastar of the country who has won the national award for his singing in 1992 for his song Naadamaya for his one of the longest running films Jeevana Chaitra.

Kannada movie Om (1995) has become a tradition for itself by now. It's a movie running for past 18 years & it would still be running. Guess it's the only Indian movie which hasn't had a home video release - no vhs, vcd or dvd & till now it's satellite rights hasn't been sold to any of the tv channels.
![enter image description here][2]

Mani Ratnam debuted with Kannada film Pallavi Anu Pallavi, also Anil Kapoor too debuted as a lead hero.
![enter image description here][3]

Juhi Chawla got her first major Blockbuster in Kannada film Prema Loka (translation: World of Love) in 1987. People simply think that it was Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak as her first big success & it started the romantic films trend but they're wrong. It was Prema Loka which created a tremendous craze in the entire country starting the trend of filmmakers opting for making love stories rigorously. And it's a true fact that Juhi Chawla never tasted the same success in her entire career again.
![enter image description here][4]

The only longest running movie in PVR is a Kannada movie, Mungaru Male (2006). It ran for straight one year.
![enter image description here][5]
[1]: http://media.chakpak.com/sites/default/files/styles/preview_pmage/public/articles/preview/Dr Rajkumar.jpg
[2]:
[3]:
[4]:
[5]:

in Archived by All Time best! (264k points)
99% Accept Rate
haha..........bhai Suhas to BACHAY K JAAN LY GA ........dil he tod dya...''Om (1995).....It's a movie running for past 18 years''.......is chez ny tension dy di thi.....agr DDLJ longest h to phir iska kya scene h??
Main bhi suhas ki tarah kannadiga hoon par iss cheez ke baare main mujhe aaj pata chala lol.
@Baadshah... DDLJ is running in one theater. It's not the case with OM though. The longest running still stays with DDLJ though. The most number of re-release goes to Om. You visit Karnataka, Om is still being screened in the state in more than one theater & for 4 shows not just 1 show. That's the difference.
ok ok.............phir apna kaam set h

4 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer

Dr.Rajkumar is the all time favorite actor of my father.'OM' is one of my all time favorite movie of kannada,i heard they used real gangsters in that movie.In Pallavi Anu Pallavi who can forget that melodious song 'Nagu Endide'.Prema Lok we all know that it was a rage in youth at the time of its release and game changer for Ravichandran and lastly 'Mungaru Male' one of the biggest hits of Kannada industry.

by Unit Manager (30.1k points)
selected by
+2 votes

Suhas thank you very much for sharing this information about kannada industry.

by Assistant Director (51.9k points)
+1 vote

Good article.....

by Second Unit Director (77.7k points)
+1 vote

Can you tell me ''OM'' is continuously running in theatres? Or theatre owners opt for the film whenever a new release fails to impact?

by Assistant Director (45.4k points)
No it's not a continuously running film. It's a must to release t during Summer holidays, August & November. And it runs in small centers. DDLJ's record is safe.

Like I said the only difference  is DDLJ is running in 1 theater, 1 show, whereas whenever Om releases it's for 4 shows.
Can you tell me how much Mungaru maale did at Bo wiki says it's 63.5 but i don't beleive in them
Wrong wrong. It was somewhere close 40cr. I'm sure it crossed 35cr but not sure about touching 40cr. If anybody claims it did 75cr or even 63.50cr they're faking it.
Yeah wiki is manipulated even they say nayak did 200crs world wide which is not true

Related questions

+7 votes
4 answers 495 views
495 views asked Dec 11, 2013 in Archived by Suhas All Time best! (264k points)
+4 votes
1 answer 93 views
93 views asked Jan 4, 2014 in Archived by Nikhil Camera Operator (10.2k points)
+14 votes
3 answers 99 views