• Register
Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

64.4k questions

241k answers

292k comments

395 users

+2 votes
https://mobile.twitter.com/CNNnews18/status/933934814691864576

Amid ongoing row and threats to actors over Bollywood movie Padmavati, a body was found hanging in Jaipur’s Nahargarh fort with a message ‘Padmavati ka virodh’.

'Padmavati' has been facing the wrath of various Rajput groups and political leaders, who have accused Bhansali of distorting history.

A message 'we don't burn effigies, we hang people' was found written near the body.

However, Karni Sena which has demanded a ban on Sanjay Leela Bhansali's film denied their involvement in the incident.

"This could be a suicide. This is not our way of protest. We condemn this," Karni Sena President  Mahipal Singh Makrana told CNN NEWS-18.

On Thursday, Karni Sena had threatened to burn theatres in the UK after the British Board of Film Classification (BBFC) cleared Padmavati for the UK audience.

“I myself wanted to go there to protest but the Indian government has confiscated my passport, so I will ask the Rajput community there to protest,” Sukhdev Singh, a leader of Karni Sena told a news channel.

Meanwhile, a functionary at Viacom 18, however, said there was no plan to release the film globally without it being cleared by the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC).

As the film was supposed to release on December 1, there are over 50 countries where this process (of certification) is on, he said.

The lavishly mounted film, starring Deepika Padukone in the title role, and Ranveer Singh and Shahid Kapoor, is a joint production by Viacom 18 Motion Pictures and Bhansali Productions.
Many groups have been protesting amid rumours that there was a romantic dream sequence between Rajput queen Padmini and Allauddin Khilji. However, Bhansali said in an appeal that there was no dream sequence and it was all a rumour.

Several politicians have already demanded a ban on the movie, while Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Gujarat, and Rajasthan have already refused to allow a release of the movie in the state.
Source Link: http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-body-with-padmavati-ka-virodh-message-found-hanging-in-jaipur-s-nahargarh-fort-2562214/amp
asked in Movie Discussions by Mega Star (246k points)
98% Accept Rate

4 Answers

+3 votes

Best answer

Wow. Mera desh badh raha hai. I am so proud of my country. And this is what we potray to the West. We kill people because of a movie. Illiterate goons are representing our nation. Allow these goons to win now.....the future is in even more danger.

answered by Producer (103k points)
selected by
+6 votes

This is getting out of hand... We need a prime minister who is forward thinking. We need an administration that does not support such moronic protests against a movie.

I do not want to disrespect anyone but the people who represent our country are not qualified to do so. Almost all forum members here (I think) condemn what is happening with Padmavati and that shows what literacy brings to the table.

Until then everyone has to suffer.

answered by Location Manager (5.3k points)

+1. Exactly. Show these goons their rightful place. Theyre being encouraged by those in power.

0 votes

As if period dramas are watched by audience as history

answered by Assistant Director (47.5k points)
–1 vote

Only If Sanjay had talked with the Rajput Leaders and Gharanas before making this movie,taking them in confidence this protests would not be taking place.I was so surprised that after the finishing film also he did not show them first.Come on guys the movie is showing the fall of their Respected Rajputana Kingdom from the hands of an Barbaric leader of Khilji dynesty they are bound to be against it. Lets just not show as if Sanjay didn't do anything wrong here. After seeing the trailer for the first time it become my most awaited movie of the year and what I have reed about Padmavati real story it is really bonechilling story & I am glad it is being brought on to screen by my favourite director(Devdas No.1 on my list).This film is going to open some closed wounds of Rajputs so they are going to be against it.

answered by Set Decorator (1.3k points)

So what should have been the story of Padmavati then ?

SLB is showing the truth which Rajputs dont want . Thats why opposing the release by saying SLB is showing Distorted history.

Then whats the story ?

+1

I don't understand this idiocy. Why do you even want their view on the movie?

Cant SLB have his take? When they made Passion of the Christ, was someone killed? Were death threats issued?

A director has to add something so that the experience becomes rich. He is not so stupid to add anything that does not bode well with the already intolerant Indians.

–1

No he cannot have his take becoz he is saying he is making 'Padmavati' not 'Pushpapati' he says it is real story not a friction .My friend he is showing their ancestors history thats why he should have taken their permission/views.

I am sorry friend, if my Intolerance hurt you.

+2

Oh so ancestors? Playing that card huh

It's because of Bhansali that people are getting to know that there was someone named Padmavati. And I had said before he was putting his heart, soul and money into that piece of art he won't be an idiot to risk all that. They should have seen the movie and then go about their protests.