• Register
Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

64.9k questions

243k answers

295k comments

395 users

+1 vote
I personally feel republic day release is not a ideal date for this kind of action film..
Summer holidays April or may will be the best date for the release..
asked in Box Office Related by Set Designer (1.8k points)
0% Accept Rate

4 Answers

+3 votes

There is a lot of major films releasing on April 2019.
Kapil Dev Biopic, Fast and Furious 9, Varun Dhawan next titled Shiddat. So Republican Weekend is much better imo.

answered by Producer (111k points)

Absolutely agree.

+1 vote

I guess it goes by what dates are available too. As of now kapil dev biopic is taking that date. All I want is a solo release...but mark it. This movie will also get a clash.

answered by Producer (106k points)

Solo release is not alone enough ..if bang bang had released solo it could have done 170-180 Cr as it's not a festive release and the director is an average film maker..
Similarly if film gets solo release then it would do the same or 20 Cr higher that is 200cr which is also not great as this director does not have that X factor in him..
This film should be target one big national holiday and must be released in holiday period to do 230-250 Cr target..
And hrithik has huge market down south..and Jan is the month where big Telugu films will release ..so it's not an ideal date..
Has to push to April or may as it would be summer holidays .
HR has to target 250 Cr to stay in top4..
If this films turns out to be AVG grosser then he would remain in 5th or 6th position..

+1 vote

Watching Agneepath yesterday I remembered how that movie took a record opening, and then fell hugely on Friday, so most thought it was a flop. But then it rebounded nicely and went on to be a super hit.

I think Jan can sustain a movie well enough, especially if it's solo.

If YRF can present the movie to it's full potential, then it will do very well in Jan too. If Raees can make 130cr despite clash and mixed WOM, then think what this movie can do solo with good WOM.

But here's the issue, given HR's recent openings, will anyone give him a solo release? Also, can the director give a good WOM movie, especially considering his last few movies.

I think it'll do just fine. Show some incredible action beats in the trailer, some crazy dance battle, have a hit song or two, and it'll do huge on weekend itself.

answered by Unit Manager (36k points)

I feel April 19 good Friday or may 1 Wednesday release are the best dates for this film..
HR in action film in yrf banner will definitely give a lot of boost..
They will promote in the range of dhoom ..
So no questions about opening of the film

+1 vote

Yaar basically movie will clash with a small release at that time.. It has capacity to do 170-180 crores for sure with clash....

answered by Second Unit Director (73.5k points)

Related questions