• Register
Click on Register and join the conversation/discussions. Give your opinions and please go to the Rules page for detailed and guidelines of the site.....

Donate to ItsBoxOffice

Donate
More Info
All the articles/images published here are copyrighted to their respective owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by the webmaster or the community members, and if there is an issue with the content posted in the Discussion forum please email us at indianboxofficeonline @ gmail [dot] com  
22 Online
1 Member And 21 Guest
Members present at the site
+3 votes
I dont believe because there are maximum movies which can dependent on multiplex more and less depended on single screen when multiplex is started. Can this is justify?

Your opinion ÷

My answer - no
asked in Box Office Related by Location Scout (3.2k points)
79% Accept Rate

What does multiplex & single screen has to do anything with IMDb ratings?

IMDb ratings are not reliable. That's coz of the users & their voting pattern.

We must admit due to IMDb, many Indian films like 3i dangal PK Bahubali etc are liked and watched by other countries.

Those are not the only Indian films. It's good those films were watched but definitely those are not the only Indian films or films to represent India.

Ofcourse, I just mentioned a few which is reached and appreciated by other countries.

8 Answers

+5 votes

Best answer

what is IMDB..... ??? its opinions.....aur opinions k baaray main jaisa k hamein pata hai k ... jinte mun utni baatein.

im making a new universal truth from today........... results speak louder than opinions

which is why i call it...... internet movie dumbass base (IMDB)

answered by Star (140k points)
selected by
+2 votes

I don’t go by IMDB ever. That is not the only Indicator to judge quality. Legends like raj Kapoor, Dilip kumar, guru Dutt did not have IMDB to prop them, yet the cinema they made is way superior to those so called highly ranked IMDB movies.

answered by Cinematographer (96.5k points)
+1 vote

I don't believe IMDB that much. there are clear examples of crazy fanbases rigging the system, like Chris Nolan's fans manipulating The Godfather and giving huge ratings to TDK to make it the top rated IMDB movie.

answered by Production Accountant (29.5k points)

but for smaller movies, it's a good indicator.

+1 vote

Not at all. Truly agree with @Grandnova "results speak louder than opinions".

answered by Location Scout (3.2k points)
+1 vote

It certainly gives me an indication.
Atleast for world cinema. To watch or not to watch...
Anyway out of imdb top 100 3 Indians movies are there. All belongs to Aamir.
Box office top 2 belongs to Aamir.
Critical acclaim belongs to Aamir

answered by Second Unit Director (71.8k points)
0 votes

No, never as it was voted by fans like me, you and him.I myself voted some movies before watching them.Are Mughale Azam, Pyasa, Ganga Jamuna, Kagaz Ke Phool, Do Bigha Zameen to name a few not qualified to be among top 10 Bollywood movies if not top 5?

answered by Unit Manager (36.3k points)
0 votes

Its all upon a person's own choice
It might be the worst rated on imdb but you can end up liking it similarly the top rated movies you may not like
Imdb is just nothing

answered by Casting Director (18.7k points)
0 votes

Offcourse IMDb is reliable. Yeah may be not for Indian films but overall it is.

answered by Super-star (165k points)

Related questions

+3 votes
3 answers 253 views
+1 vote
3 answers 177 views
177 views asked in Box Office Related by Baazigar All Time best! (282k points)