• Register
Click on Register and join the conversation/discussions. Give your opinions and please go to the Rules page for detailed and guidelines of the site.....

Donate to ItsBoxOffice

Donate
More Info
All the articles/images published here are copyrighted to their respective owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by the webmaster or the community members, and if there is an issue with the content posted in the Discussion forum please email us at indianboxofficeonline @ gmail [dot] com  
15 Online
0 Member And 15 Guest
+4 votes
I now only watch ICC Events and if some tight matches . Cricket was like Religion in our country few years before for me where I never missed ODI matches but now don't seem to care for Bilateral Series at all .What has led to this downfall in interest ? .Has it happened to you all ? .2003-2011 Period was best where I was mad for Cricket . especially ODI matches .Has advent of T20 cricket meant that people have lost interest in ODIs and also International T20s isn't popular as well or the quality of Cricket has gone down or is it that due to over exposure I have lost interest ?
related to an answer for: Tell something about Deepika Assets
asked ago in General by Cinematographer (99.4k points)
69% Accept Rate

The same case here.... After Sachin's retirement (especially from Odi) I don't bother much about cricket. Kabhi-kabhar 1-2 matches dekh leta hu but not a cricket fan anymore.

15 Answers

0 votes

Best answer

Good question. I still remember bunking school to watch a day match. That was before the inception of IPL. Now lost interest, maybe due to more and more cricket. And another thing old Indian team was not strong as opposed to what they are now. And finally,
Too much Cricket played at home. India going to OZ, Nz, SA will be super interesting.

answered ago by Second Unit Director (71.7k points)
selected ago by

Agree with you .Since we have become Best in the World utna interest Ni aata . Earlier Series Against SA Australia Pakistan were so tight and thrilling .Even SL were good ODI side then

+3 votes

To be precise, I lost interest in cricket after Nov 2013 , when Sachin Tendulkar retired.

answered ago by Producer (114k points)

Bhaisaab aur Saboot pesh karun kya?

Nhi janab... Saboot nhi chahiye thi...bas aap ekbar keh dete... Wohi kaafi hota.

+2 votes

Yeahhh count me in
I too was a die hard fan but since 2012-13 after sachin's retirement i completely lost interest in cricket
Even ipl i only watch the final
T20 is destroying cricket

answered ago by Casting Director (18.6k points)
+2 votes

Count me as well I lost interest after retirement of Sachin. sehwag. Zaheer and seniors

answered ago by Location Scout (4.2k points)
+1 vote

I think india is playing more cricket. Overdose with introduction of league cricket. And also the retirement of stalwarts. I am also experiencing decrease in the consumption but reason for me is not decrease in interest or anything but work and study. I think in teenage years majority youth gets addicted to some sort of entertainment be it sports or films etc..

answered ago by Assistant Director (43.4k points)
+1 vote

Cricket should be played like Football leagues. Home and Away. It will be good for cricket interest.

answered ago by Executive Producer (68.8k points)
+1 vote

Count me as one ..
may be due to the retirement of seniors ...

answered ago by Second Unit Director (77.2k points)
+1 vote

I lose interest when I see us playing dumb series against sri lanka every other month. Wait for 2018. It will get better. The test championshi in 2019-20 will make things better

answered ago by Cinematographer (95.9k points)
+1 vote

Cricket is no more cricket without the God of Cricket, SRT.

answered ago by Production Accountant (20.7k points)
+1 vote

Me to last interest in cricket after retirement of senior players especially srt , the quality of dreams went down in last few years and that might be another reason.

answered ago by Assistant Director (41k points)
0 votes

Ive lost interest in cricket after Worldcup post tournaments as i felt Indian team is playing TOO many non stop tournaments which is loosing interest.

So now except Semi finals , Finals event, rest tournaments are super boring for me

answered ago by Producer (105k points)
0 votes

I no longer watch cricket on TV nowadays.If started watching the same thrilling from Sachin, Azhar, Dravid, Agarkar , Kumble is there from Sikhar, Dhoni, Virat, Bumrah or Ashwin.

answered ago by Unit Manager (35.4k points)
0 votes

Last 6-7 yrs.....................

answered ago by Assistant Director (53.7k points)
0 votes

I still remember how crazy I was about cricket. I used to keenly wait for the cricket matches and all my friend circle used to discuss about it the next day of the match about the cricketers performance. But now I do not enjoy cricket much and neither my friends. The major reason for this is “Sachin Tendulkar” retirement from cricket. Whenever he used to play you can clearly see the long queue in front of showroom and everywhere wherever there is television in roadside. The craze was something else for Sachin.

answered ago by Production Designer (13.8k points)
0 votes

Total top teams 8-12 at max

8-12 teams playing each other again & again and even in that many are one sided contests, it's become boring..!!
Let's see T20 leagues

Various leagues, colorful environment and different teams with different players, and biggest advantage is that while teams are same, players in those teams can change and that's most exciting, and that's why it's time for icc to make t20 leagues as international officially

That's why this year's ipl will generate buzz, because we'll see all players in auction and even if 2-3 players are retained, 90% of players will be changed and that's exciting..!!

answered ago by Super-star (194k points)