Registrations are open for a very limited time. Logging in Errors

Donate to the forum

All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

63,476 questions

236,621 answers

286,025 comments

383 users

Golmaal Again puts up a big first day number - BOI

+4 votes
Source Link: BOI
asked Oct 20 in Box Office Related by THUNDER BIRD Super-star (195,717 points)
99% Accept Rate

Golmaal Again is looking to put up a big first day number as it flirts with 30 crore nett apprx collections but these collections do not tell the whole story. The film has recorded the highest occupancy in a long time at multiplexes and single screens across the country. The occupancy is actually on par and even higher at places than Bahubali - The Conclusion. In real terms it is the highest opening in a long time but poor distribution has hit it for 5-6 crore and on top the clash with Secret Superstar was there which was going to hit the film anyway. The brand value of the film and the horror element to the comedy has meant the audience has come in hordes to theatres across India. The previous Golmaal films have done well but they have not had collections which were strong all over the country like Golmaal Returns.

This collections at the moment look a bit under 30 crore nett but it is likely that Mumbai circuit will put up an insane number in the morning which should take it to 30 crore nett or maybe even a crore higher. The figures coming from some stations of the Gujarat / Saurashtra belt are just unbelievable and this will help Mumbai circuit to a huge number. The brand is the biggest in Gujarat as far as Hindi film goes. North India which has done moderate business on the previous films is also very strong this time with Delhi / UP heading for a huge 6 crore nett while East Punjab will also be very strong.

Obviously it is a holiday and the real test is after the holiday but with these sort of occupancy rates the film should continue to well and outside the metros there is a good chance that multiplexes will add shows and the quicker they do the better it will be for the film as it only really benefits when the film is collecting strongly over the weekend rather than the weekdays.

12 Answers

+5 votes

Best answer

I'm telling you if there were no clash. Iss film ne 40+ karni thi. Aaj jo dekha maine theatre ke bahar, woh kabhi nhi dekha tha. People were literally crazy, long queue and buying tickets paying almost double price. All shows house full and jo enjoy kiya hai logo ne kaan kharab ho gye mere.

answered Oct 20 by Ankit 007 Assistant Director (50,512 points)
selected 2 days ago by THUNDER BIRD

Watched it..??

Before SS..??

Haan. I watched it in single screen theatre. Balcony ka 70₹ lag rha tha and I had only 80₹ in Paytm. Baaki SS ka below 150₹ tickets kisi bhi thetare mein nhi the. So, Watched Golmaal first. I'll watch Secret Superstar in weekdays. Abhi price hiked hai kaafi.

+10 votes

ye BOI ko kya orgasm a rahay hain..... TZH ki opening pay kya haaal hoga phir inka.

Top ten opening days by the end of the year

1- TZH - 45cr
2- baahubali 2 - 41cr
3- PRDP - 39.7cr
4- SULTAN - 37cr
5- HNY - 36cr
6- Golmaaal again - 32cr
7- Dhoom 3 - 32cr
8- Singham returns - 32cr
9 - ETT - 31cr
10 - CE - 30cr

Salman khan - 4
Ajay devgan - 2
Srk - 2
Aamir khan - 1
Rajamouli - 1

answered Oct 20 by Grand Nova Star (140,930 points)
+5 votes

Woaaah. That's good.

answered Oct 20 by Charlie runkle™ Producer (115,359 points)

Second 30 Cr opener for Ajay. Not bad.

+5 votes

Pleasantly surprised,i was expecting 30cr with clash but after this messed up release i thought 25cr, but still 30.
According to boi it would have collected 36cr if the distribution would not have messed up even with clash means in solo sure shot highest opener of all-time waah
Sach mein mindblowing, golmaal brand ne sach mein kamaal kardiya.
Now I think all golmaal parts will get solo diwali release now on because no-one can't doubt golmaal brand & apart from khans nobody can stand a chance infront of golmaal.
Now I think movie will cross 90cr in 1st weekend as wom is good so it could be the first blockbuster of this year.

answered Oct 20 by Roman Location Scout (4,535 points)
+5 votes

Where are those who were underestimating G4 and were saying it will do 20-22cr and I was constantly saying it will go past 26cr again and again but no one was willing to admit it my prediction was 26-28cr so G4 done it and beaten SS brutally aamir played dirty game to save his false prestige and fake stardom now he is totally exposed to the world good ajay sir u done it coz aamir deserves it badly

answered Oct 20 by being_tanveer Production Accountant (20,532 points)
edited Oct 20 by being_tanveer
+4 votes

this means a 35cr opening would have happened despite clash if the distributors weren't sleeping.

anyway, I am amazed to see that since I thought the trailer wasn't very good. but I guess the brand name covered for that.d

answered Oct 20 by mr.hola Unit Manager (30,715 points)
+4 votes

Excellent.....

Ajay Bhai rocks....... exceeding my expectations.....

answered Oct 20 by power Assistant Director (40,533 points)
+4 votes

Thats huge, 30 crs on 3200-3300 screens, if film got a better release it might collect 35 cr+.

answered Oct 20 by Sss d Assistant Director (41,046 points)

Screen Count 3500 Golmaal
SS-1750

Many screens r comman for both, where shows r divided.

+3 votes

Bumper opening for Golmaal 4 , franchise value is still super hot for audience even last franchise release was in 2010...

But there is good chance that multiplex will add screens & the quicker they do - lol BOI begging distributor to increase screens for G4...
Don't be surprised he they actually come out with 1 full page article just to bash Aamir because Golmaal makers fool themselves & not gets 70:30 screens what they are dreaming in their overconfidence...

answered Oct 20 by deepak_bishty Director (124,806 points)
+3 votes

Wishing Golmaal to be the first 200 cr grosser of the year before tzh storm

answered Oct 20 by shah Unit Manager (38,878 points)
+2 votes

GA makers shud hv gone for a head on clash on 19th oct.......SS wud hv struggled to nett even 2 cr on opening day which wud hv sealed its fate........

answered Oct 20 by saransh Unit Manager (30,011 points)
+2 votes

Massive number and I was damn wrong when I said it will do 20cr.
This makes it very tough for SS now. G4 will storm through the weekend now.

answered Oct 20 by Intense Cinematographer (97,891 points)

SS will be max 8-9cr for yesterday and G4 will get more shows as well

Yes. Very very tough for SS to recover now. G4 has actually made it very one sided

Related questions

+3 votes
6 answers 320 views
+4 votes
1 answer 172 views
+3 votes
4 answers 304 views