• Register
Click on Register and join the conversation/discussions. Give your opinions and please go to the Rules page for detailed and guidelines of the site.....
All the articles/images published here are copyrighted to their respective owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by the webmaster or the community members, and if there is an issue with the content posted in the Discussion forum please email us at indianboxofficeonline @ gmail [dot] com  
13 Online
0 Member And 13 Guest
+2 votes
asked in Movie Discussions by Casting Director (18.8k points)
57% Accept Rate

5 Answers

+3 votes

Raees is the only film i liked of SRK after Mnik and CE this Decade , It had potential to be highest grosser of the year with good release date and solo release , after its first teaser the buzz was sky high, but after postponing it completely died and was quite low, then again the trailer made buzz quite good but clash killed it completely , i mean SRK had many good dates to release why would he release a movie for a sake of one national holiday and that too having a clash with another A Lister actor its all ego and poor Strategy by RCE.SRK lost a golden chance of having 200cr with poor Strategy and release , i watched Raees 4 times in cinema , last time i watched SRK movie more then 3 times was way back in 2008 RNBJ this tells how SRK movies lacks content, even Huge Hit CE was watchable only because of its comedy and entertainment,

answered by Assistant Director (40.4k points)
+1 vote

It definitely had the chance to do 200+ if released solo in 3rd or 4th quarter. But in January 175+ max.

answered by Set Designer (1.9k points)
+1 vote

both Raees and Kaabil shot themselves in the foot with that clash. Raees would have done at least 165 on that release date, if only released without clash, and Kaabil would have done 120.

on a better release date, who knows?

answered by Production Accountant (26.5k points)

Fought over one holiday. God knows why? Both SRK and RR lost their minds badly.

and paid for it dearly.

+1 vote

It was a very average film. Had it released solo on eid 2016/17 150cr was the upper limit nothing more. SRK was terrific. Amazing body language and dialogue delivery....yes he can pull off action, macho sort of roles but direction was botched up. Especially 2nd half.

answered ago by Cinematographer (92.6k points)
0 votes

This would have been case if Movie released solo during Jan period.

Actuals vs (Estimations)

Wed - 20.29 cr (26.5 cr)
Thur - 26.25 cr (34.5 cr)
Frida -13.10 cr (17.5 cr)
Satur -15.55 cr (20.5 cr)
Sund -17.25 cr (22.5 cr)

Weekend - 92 cr (121.5 cr)
First week (9 days) - 110.5 cr (148 cr)

2nd week -15.5 cr (24 cr)
Reamining - 3 cr (7 cr)

Total
Acctuals - 128.77 cr
Estimations - 180 crore in Jan period. Chalo 180 na sahi atleast 165-170 crore was on cards.

Sultan release period (2016 5 days weekend EID) - 200+ lifetime.

Problem is SRK and his team are taken things lightly thinking SRK will pull it off. That didnt happened much with JHMS apart from reasonable opening but lifetime Disaster.

Glad that they announced Dwarf 2yrs advance. Lets see what SRK has more films to offer. Hope Dhoom4 rumors comes true.

answered by Producer (102k points)

hahaha charlie rukle handicrafs...... asal kaarigar ki pehchan ....umda darjjay ki hath ki safai .

Bigg Boss 11 doesn't make it to top 10 list in Barc ratings....While KBC tops

Seeing The Legends @4_Lee d runkle & @Grandest of all Novas in one place gives me tOO mUCH fUN ....

That's right @help, world should feel honoured to have us.