• Register
Click on Register and join the conversation/discussions. Give your opinions and please go to the Rules page for detailed and guidelines of the site.....
All the articles/images published here are copyrighted to their respective owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by the webmaster or the community members, and if there is an issue with the content posted in the Discussion forum please email us at indianboxofficeonline @ gmail [dot] com  
18 Online
2 Member And 16 Guest
Members present at the site
0 votes

Superstar Aamir Khan, who is working with Amitabh Bachchan in the upcoming film "Thugs of Hindostan", says watching the megastar on the big screen is "a fulfilling experience", and his superstardom can't be re-created.

Asked if working with Big B was surreal, Aamir, an admirer of the veteran actor, told media here on Sunday: "Watching Mr Bachchan on screen in a theatre… His aura, action, every nuance of his acting was such a fulfilling experience in cinema."

Picking his favourite from Amitabh's filmography is a tough one for Aamir.

"I have many favourites like ‘Natwarlal', ‘Don' and ‘Namak Halaal'. In fact, I remember after watching 'Namak Halaal' in the theatre, I called up Mansoor (Khan) and asked him to come with me to watch the film. We went to watch its next show again."

Talking about Big B's stardom, he said: "I think the superstardom of Amitabh Bachchan can't be re-created. It is so unique, the charisma he has….I mean imagine, there was a time when seven of his films were running in the theatre for months.

"Films like ‘Don', ‘Mukaddar ka Sikandar' and ‘Trishul' in the same year! He used to date clash with his own film!"

As times are changing, and social media culture is playing an important role in building the public image of Bollywood film stars, Aamir says the definition of stardom has also changed.

"The fabric has changed. There was a time when access to a star was so limited, especially in the 1950s-60s era when there was no television, and fans used to wait for their stars to appear in cinema or a film's premiere. They used to wait outside houses.

"Then came television when the interview started and people got the access to see how they looked and talked when not acting….That apart, of course, there were magazines and newspaper interviews. Now everything has changed, and how…," said Aamir.

Now movie stars, he feels, are more communicative, accessible to their fans and it's more interactive.

"It has changed from waiting outside the house to one click away….Everything about your favourite star is on the phone, and the phone is in your pocket. So you have the favourite star in your pocket," he said.

The actor is excited about the Diwali release of his film "Secret Superstar", also featuring Zaira Wasim. It will hit the screens on October 19.

http://www.daijiworld.com/news/newsDisplay.aspx?newsID=475812

asked in General by Set Decorator (1.5k points)
50% Accept Rate

4 Answers

+2 votes

All you need to do is search..

There's immense respect for Big B as well as his colleagues like Dharmendra, Vinod Khanna etc.

Salman avoids talking about the Big B coz the only Bachchan media is interested in talking to him is Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. And do you think the stardom of Big B needs any sort of certificate/approval from the Khans or younger lot?

When Salman says Rajesh Khanna had the super stardom or even Kumar Gaurav had, it just means he witnessed it firsthand. Not that he never witnessed Dharmendra's or Amitabh Bachchan's neither does it mean they had none.

You can have him speak about it openly without any inhibitions the day media stops relating him with the Bachchan bahu for more readership / viewership.

http://www.asianage.com/entertainment/bollywood/050617/no-actor-was-bigger-than-dilip-kumar-salman-khan.html
Ask him about the frenzy surrounding the stardom of A-list stars, Salman says, "Actor wise I don't think anyone is bigger than Dilip Kumar, after that Mr Amitabh Bachchan had a very good run and he's working even today and is everywhere."

"Star wise if you think we guys have the popularity then (it is not)... I think there is no one bigger than Rajesh Khanna and other was Kumar Gaurav. I have seen the stardom of both and it was unbelievable. So, when there is comparison about stardom I feel we don't even have 10 per cent of it."

answered by Mega Star (234k points)

ha ha ha again diplomatically answered by you.

srk and amir praised Amitabh without adding other names like dharam,vinod or etc because they know others where no match to big b.

but salman trying to become too smart on how on earth you can mix amitbah with others names
which everybody knows there is no comparison of big b and others.

If you did want a genuine answer you would've found it above.

You just want some user to share the same views as yours to please you i.e. Salman is over smart in not praising Big B.

Well got to burst your bubble in this matter. Like I said, simple Google search is enough for you to understand the equation & respect he shares since Jumma Chumma concert in 1991.

Sticking to the facts is not being diplomatic.

+1 vote

Why did SRK and Aamir spoke about Big B stardom ?
Because the topic came and their spoke about it.

Similarly why will Salman come and speak about Big B stardom from no where without being asked about Big B. You tell me when did we heard about someone asking about Big B to Salman ?

Till recently we havent heard Aamir talking about Big B but he spoke now because the topic was about working with Big B.

answered by Producer (101k points)

no bro search youtube videos , how srk and aamir were big fans of big b and were always awestruck by big b stardom, they have praised him many times even when the question is not related to big b.
but you will get no video of salman.

If Salman is really insecure of others (including big b) then WTH he always call Aamir, srk and Akki bigger stars than him??? Whenever he talks about stardom he always mention Aamir, SRK and Akki's name before his own name... Can you ans me why?

Dil pe hath rakh ke bolo.... Can any other star tweet like this other than Salman Khan? https://twitter.com/BeingSalmanKhan/status/812026686480879617

+1 vote

Lol... Who told you Salman Khan doesn't praise Amitabh Bachchan? Salman Khan even praises Kumar Gaurav and Aamir Khan's stardom (though they hardly have any kind of stardom).... Fir socho Amitji ke liye kitna respect hoga Bhai ke dil me!

Now come to ur bigger star point... Popularity, Fan following and Box Office success clearly say that only Salman and Amitji are the true blue Megastars of Bollywood... It's debatable who is bigger among them. IMO both are equal at this point of time.... And Salman might have edge over him in the next couple of years.

answered by Production Accountant (29.2k points)

Aisa ummeed rakhna galat baat hai. Ban toh banta hai boss.

Sach batao toh I'm little bit disappointed...cz Baazigarh ke jane ke baad iss bande se apna timepass ho raha tha...

Ha ha ha.. too much fun below single answer. Tiger, vectus verbal jung then suddenly cop suhas ki entry...

+1 vote

there was an award show where amitab bachan was on stage .. salman khan was there as well... i think it was star guild awards...

amitab bachan came on stage and said about salman khan something like that...

the hooopla that is seen for salman khan movies nowadays ... wo to even mera bhe nahe hota tha. ....

us pay ....

salman khan.... was like...aray aray sir kahan aap aur kahan main.

aur ye grand nova k haathon huye ....aik teer se 2 shikaar.

answered by Director (137k points)