Registrations are open for a very limited time. Logging in Errors

People say that Stars know more than anyone as they are working since 20-25 yrs. BUT i say Fans know more than Stars

+1 vote

Like stars also says that they know what to do and what not as they are in industry since 20-25 yrs. But i say that Fans know more than Stars as Fans watch 50-100 films per year while Stars make 1-2 films + 3-5 films they watch..... So more experience is for Fans and general audience. So when a Fan or General audience say something then Stars should take it seriously . 

Even in all Fanclubs few leaders or say Intellectual fans come and say that "Oh so you know more than star to advice him?". .......... Well like i said Fans know whats the current market and how much a film will open and how much it will do or expected lifetime, how clash will affect or which film will do well or which not etc. 

Iam i right or wrong ? Think and say

asked Aug 9 in General by iamkhan8970 Producer (106,239 points)
98% Accept Rate

Okay let me simplify it for you...

Do you like eating chocolates or something spicy?

Spicy

That's how the stars know their market expectations.

Just the way you admitted to liking "spicy", previous experience provide the stars & filmmakers enough knowledge to know what you / audience want.

Audience are always the end consumer. Now you like spicy, the makers / star deliver you a spicy product. It's upto you to like it or dislike it. Or even compare it with the earlier spicy product they had delivered.

It's just the way it is in any form of entertainment / industry. The maker knows better than the end consumer. Always.

5 Answers

+3 votes

Best answer

i would like to disrespectfully disagree ..... you say we watch more movies than filmmakers thats why we may know better how to make movies...

RIZ FREAKING KHAN..... what you are saying is.... k ....... main aik din main 100 gol gappay khata hun is liye mjhe gol gappay bannaany walay se better pata hai k kaise gol gappay banaye ja sakte hain.....

you consume products .... but filmmakers make those products

some big white beard indian guy said a chai wala will tell you how to run a country how sachin should play , how he should have avoided getting out ..he will have a theory and opinion on everything....that he can do everything but one thing he can't do well...is to make a good cup of tea.

a consumer may not know how to be a producer and vice versa. (i said may not because its not a universal truth there are exceptions ofcourse.)

there is loads of detailing goes into making somethiing (micromanagement)
even if you learn the recipe online .... by readying thousand of books ...still you wont have any experience in making gol freaking gappas. hands on experience

now you may feel that you know a good screenplay , good dialogues , good script good acting makes a great movie right???? how simple it is..... make all these 4 things great and you have a great product.... WROONNNNGGGGGGG... its a matter of perceptive .. something that you feel is good may not be felt the same by someone else.

something good on paper .... doesn't always translate that well on screen and makers can't judge it properly .... they are not looking at their product like neutrals .... a movie is like a filmmakers baby ... they dont see its flaws... they only see it through their eyes...and see greatness..... !!

(i dont know if im making any sense.....but everything is clear in my head i dont know how well its coming here in my answer.... just like a movie making)

(and secondly ...i swear on your life.... im gonna go and get myself some gol gappas now.... my mouth is watering)

answered Aug 9 by Grand Nova Star (140,743 points)
selected Aug 13 by iamkhan8970

.......damn i'm good.......

Once grandy tried to run away from awesomeness but it followed him.

truth have never been more clearer.

+2 votes

TBH, Salman & Shahrukh should play safe at this stage & do big commercial entertainers While Aamir is known for taking risks.

answered Aug 9 by God Father Production Accountant (20,855 points)

just like aamir khan his fans think they can chahhutiyaafy everyone with their manipulation .... he takes risk alwasy????

aamir khan never takes risk........ the last time he took risk is back in 2001 ... when he made lagaan. he makes commercial movies each and every freaking time... with genius behind the scenes marketing .....!!

each and every of his movies are either based on emotions or comedy ...... and these two are biggest driving forces of movie business in india .

fanaa had both emotions + comedy + action
rdb had emotions + comedy
TZH was driven by emotions
Ghajini was driven by emotions + action
3idiots was driven by emotions + comedy
Dhoom 3 was driven by emotions + action
Pk was driven by emotions + comedy
dangal was driven by emotions + comedy

only mangal pandey was neither driven by emotions of comedy ...so was talaash and so was dhobi ghaaat ..... what was their boxoffice result????

+2 votes

Actually you are right to a certain extent
But tubelight was thought to be bb nobody thought it will perform so badly
JHMS was SRK's return to his fav romance genre
So boxoffice is way unpredictable

answered Aug 9 by SSk Casting Director (19,031 points)

JHMS was SRK's return to his fav romance genre true.... Lekin JHMS wasnt a Romantic film we expect from SRK aka the Good Guy kind of. Here he was like RK or RS type. So failed.

+1 vote

Right with the possibility of being wrong

answered Aug 9 by shah Unit Manager (38,688 points)
+1 vote

actually no one knows anything for sure. SRK has said that the reason why he doesn't care to read the script is that he's never done that before and look where it lead it. it's just luck that for the first 20 years (give or take), these people who he believed in were directors like Yash Chopra, Aditya Chopra, Karan Johar, Farah Khan, and now he's unfortunately signing people like Maneesh Sharma and Imtiaz Ali.

Maybe he needs to change the way he signs movies, maybe he just needs better luck.

answered Aug 9 by mr.hola Unit Manager (30,685 points)

Related questions