• Register
Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

65.5k questions

246k answers

299k comments

713 users

+3 votes
2.1k views

I’m from Vadodara, & Shooting of Secret Superstar movie was done here, that place is hardly 2min. (50 meter) away from my house. In May 2016, entire crew came in this society, name “Haji Park” which changed to “Modern Colony” for movie, & shot there for 3 days. & more 2-3- places in Vadodara of total 8-10 days schedule.

They paid 5,00,000 rs. to house owner for 3 days of shooting & 2,00,000 rs. to secretory of society for maintenance. They change color & set-up of house as per their requirement. I heard that time that Aamir Khan will come to Vadodara airport on 25th may 2016 for small scene, don’t know he came or not.

That time I only know about this movie - that , this movie is directed by Aamir’s manager, Kiran Rao is Assistant director of this movie (actually producer) & some actress from movie Dangal also in main lead in this movie (I thought she was Fatima shaikh ). I tried to see shooting but because of security no outsiders were allowed to enter in the society. I only seen some crew members & their buses & vans after their pack-up around 8 PM.

I don’t know why they chose this society as they can easily find some society in Mumbai or can use filmcity for 3 days shoot, but that time I heard that they want some Muslim society, that’s why they choose this.

In trailer, scenes @1:20, 2:03-2:07, 2:19 & other scene of her house was shot in this society.

asked in General by Camera Operator (10.6k points)
76% Accept Rate

2 Answers

0 votes

Best answer

Some portions of raees were shot here in Kutch and even i can't figure out what was so special about the locations..
Encounter scene was being shot here and many more scenes. . but they could have shot it anywhere.. even i don't know why they select specific location.. there must be some unexplainable vision of director which only he knows!

answered by Production Accountant (28.9k points)
selected by
0 votes

Where do u live in vadodara??

answered by Unit Manager (30.6k points)

Akota , near gateway hotel.

Ok.....and I live in anand....

Related questions

+2 votes
2 answers 178 views
+3 votes
7 answers 213 views
+4 votes