• Register
Logging in Errors

Donate to the forum

All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

64.1k questions

240k answers

291k comments

392 users

+6 votes
asked in Box Office Related by Production Accountant (21.5k points)
99% Accept Rate

8 Answers

+6 votes

Best answer

I agree. TEPK started with a bang and looking to finish with a whimper. Additionally this piracy tactic will not work either, and akshay's deshbhakti tactics are damn irritating too. JHMS working very well now and I must confess I was perhaps slightly too early to judge SRK, the film is looking good now.

Last weapon is the most important: Content. JHMS needs to hold up beyond the weekend this time, its looking pretty urban as of now, that is where I still have my doubts. TEPK has a theme which will resonate better with the audiences,

answered by Producer (102k points)
selected by
It's high time people stop questioning SRK's marketing skills...
+7 votes

Releasing the trailer late actually helped JHMS
Whereas for TEPK the trailer came too early
IMO trailers should release 20-25 days before release
TEPK trailer was released on june 11 way too early
None of the songs are impressive

answered by Production Accountant (21.4k points)
+6 votes

SRK has best marketing acumen. Never question it.. He made song like Beech Beech main a hit.... IT would have never been a hit if released late. While Hawaen and Phurr will always be hit whenever released

answered by Second Unit Director (73.1k points)
+1

Yeah as Beech Beech Mein needs time to grow on you..

+1

It has grown really well. ITS 4TH on radio mirchi

+2

I follow 9xm Top9 as it updates weekly and it uses viewers votes to rank.. and see, Radha #1, Beech Beech Mein #3, Butterfly #4... Hawaayein will easily enter top 5 next saturday and Diplo song is guaranteed #1 in the first entry itself.

+1

That's great to hear. Radha is no 2, bbm at 4,safar 10..Radio mirchi...even in weekly savn rankings Radha is on top

+4 votes

Surprise..??

Since when did SRK movie doing more then Akki movie is surprise..??

JHMS doing more then TEPK is not a surprise, if TEPK does more then JHMS, that's a surprise..!!

And regarding TEPK, it was already known before that the clash was to gain buzz, like every small movie does to get advantage of bigger movie, Akki and makers overestimated SRK'S ego, he made mistake with DILWALE, was backed into corner during RAEES, but this time, he had oppurtunity & space, so he finally used his mind and made the call. And once JHMS postponed, it was a foregone conclusion that how it will do in terms of pre release buzz..!!

Preponing JHMS was one of the best decision SRK took, It took Akshay Kumar's masterplan and burned it to ground, now only thing Akki have is tax free status in bjp run states, great, but i personally don't think that it will be of much help..!!

answered by Super-star (199k points)
+2

Exactly , if the clash would have been on, media would be like "Srk vs Akki, Toilet vs JHMS, Why Akshay has a better chance than Srk" etc and Toilet would have been flying high now.. Seriously I dont understand why users were expecting 130-150cr from Toilet. Even Akshay fans are very smart, they know the faith hence no Akki fan can be seen in this forum since the trailer of Toilet released.
And secondly, Toilet is the worst title anyone can give for a film... I mean who would say chal toilet dekhte hai, even before watching its 'tatti' for peoples

hahaha....both ans and comment hillarious.....

+4 votes

Nothing suprising ...I don't think anyone were expecting Toilet to collect more than JHMS. For me I was saying it from the day the trailer of Toilet released that I am confused why users here are expecting so high collections from Toilet. I said there itself it is not going to do more than 100cr, and now I am expecting a lifetime of 70cr. On the other hand Srk movies always release with a pre release buzz which results in a good initial. His movies, be it Fan or JHMS, takes the right buzz at the last moment..

answered by Director (135k points)
+4 votes

Positivity around JHMS is increasing with each passing day.And good that they didn't release any mini-trail.I hope it takes huge opening around 25 cr.Audience in need of a big film.And JHMS is it.And TEPK buzz was due to clash lol.

answered by Director (140k points)
+4 votes

About Toilet, the day the trailer was released my expectations went down the drain. I don't know, given the name and theme, I was expecting great comedy and a fun time. But the love story totally ruined it for me. When the trailer got positive response, I was surprised, much live Shivay. Followed by a pathetic song, and now I have no expectations.

About JHMS, from the beginning I though it was the smart move to release the trailer late, and that seems to be working. I also thought SRK was keeping the better songs for late, that's what he seems to have done.

Buzz for JHMS will increase after Phurr even more, Toilet has nothing. The "leak" didn't work at all.

answered by Unit Manager (33.2k points)

point by point:-
''the day the trailer was released my expectations went down the drain.'' ......same here......it looked like the film was in some immature hands
''When the trailer got positive response, I was surprised'' .....didn't know it got positive response overall....but here on forum, views of people were a little more positive than what the trailer deserved
''I also thought SRK was keeping the better songs for late, that's what he seems to have done.'' .....now this appears good as people as of now are liking Hawayein a lot.....but what happened with me was that in BollywoodHungama SRK said with a lot of confidence 'its a romantic film and we have not yet released the romantic song of film' ....as i liked Radha from the first time i heard....SRK's words made the expectations so high that Hawayein didn't appear to be a special song....as of now its an Okay song with a much better video

+1

Yeah, just the fact that such an interesting concept was again going with a typical love story, with two people who, in my opinion, do not share chemistry, really discouraged me.

Well the forum is the only place where I am able to get genuine opinion without any fans giving fake views, so I mostly took it as positive.

For me, the song Hawayein is very good, and the response that I have seen is overwhelmingly positive. All of the places i go to judge a response has people saying positive things. Even people who mostly troll SRK are liking it. Maybe listen a few times more, it will grow on you.

+3 votes

(as Answering is important for this post for me to have it in my views list....so copy/pasting comment i have under Mr.Hola's answer)
point by point:-
''Toilet, the day the trailer was released my expectations went down the drain.'' ......same here......it looked like the film was in some immature hands
''When the trailer got positive response, I was surprised'' .....didn't know it got positive response overall....but here on forum, views of people were a little more positive than what the trailer deserved
''I also thought SRK was keeping the better songs for late, that's what he seems to have done.'' .....now this appears good as people as of now are liking Hawayein a lot.....but what happened with me was that in BollywoodHungama SRK said with a lot of confidence 'its a romantic film and we have not yet released the romantic song of film' ......it sounded like Song of the Century is coming our way ...as i liked Radha from the first time i heard....so SRK's words made the expectations even more high that NOW THE BETTER ROMANTIC SONG IS COMING........Hawayein didn't appear to be a special song....as of now its an Okay song with a much better video......Radha for me is the most i heard n maybe even liked more than Safar....Safar asal mein 2,3baar he suna hai......plus didn't give a serious ear to it after first time so i don't remember the lyrics much...........best part of whole album is that MUJH MEIN ISHQ YA ISHQ MEIN MAIN HOON HOA MJHE EHSAAS REY portion....beautiful it is....WHAT YOU SEEK IS SEEKING YOU

answered by Unit Manager (31.8k points)
edited by

Related questions

+5 votes
5 answers 225 views
+8 votes
5 answers 178 views