• Register
Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

64.9k questions

243k answers

295k comments

395 users

+4 votes

Review

Starts precisely to the point. No bullshit. France and British militants stuck in Dunkirk, surrounded by enemies. Left with not much to defend, hope for evacuation is their only weapon.

Now, when the opening sequence begins, it gets you hooked instantly with the excellent background score creating the necessary tension and with top-notch cinematography makes you believe that you are in for quite a show. But as the film progresses, it starts loosing its grip. You see repetitive sequences of men travelling in boats and being attacked by 3-4 planes. Yes this happens every time because there are 4-5 planes flying above the sea and you keep seeing them firing at each other and sometimes they target boats carrying soldiers. Its exciting for initial 20 minutes but it looses its grip for next 60 minutes and it again ends up picking itself up in last 20 minutes when the genius shows his full potential as a director showing sovereignty of British empire.

As a director Nolan disappoints this time. A brutal evacuation taking place and that too surrounded by deadly enemies, it didn't look quite bloody as I expected. I was hoping for more violence but there is nothing too graphic about action. I was disappointed.

Nolan is a brilliant writer and one of the strong point of his writing is his character development. Now when we talk about Dunkirk in particular, character development is the movie's weakest point. You never connect with any character, it lacks the required depth. The way this story has been shown, it doesn't let you engage with any particular character. Which results in minimizing the impact of the entire set up.

Hans Zimmer's score helps in some scenes and falters in majority of the parts. After a time, you feel tired and bored of hearing the sounds. Sometimes you feel very irritated.

Cinematography is top-notch and some scenes will leave you awe struck. Its wonderfully filmed and every frame looks beautiful. Full marks for that.

Overall, its a mixed bag. It takes you in between the world war II and Dunkirk evacuation period but after taking you there, it bores you.

I am going out with 2 out of 5. Strictly average.

asked in Reviews by Casting Director (19.9k points)
85% Accept Rate

edited by

Genius hai Bhaisaab yaa apne koi naya word aijaad kiya? genious..

Thanks Grammar Nazi. Hail Charlie runkle

Beware Mr Jew.. Iam a spelling Nazi not a grammer Nazi. Jinhe Nazi hai hind per woh Kahaan hai?

haan yaar spelling Nazi rakh le......mera to wese hi movie dekh ke bura haal hai hahahahhahahah

2 Answers

+1 vote

Here comes the idiot. Somewhere out there is a tree, tirelessly producing oxygen so you can breath. I think you own it an apology.

answered by Executive Producer (69.2k points)

Hey papa ki pari....Sorry, I forgot to tell your favourite color in your trivia miss pinky pink.

See, you got stuck at that one place. Try something new. Or should I help.

The fact that jellyfish survived for 650 million years with no brains is good news for stupid people like you.

Have this pinky pie, it will occupy your mouth for a while. Thus the rock has privellage of saving this world from your crap.

Wow girl, you are expert at sucking and damn you are so quick. Now go on and finish some more. Go girl finish this 6 fast and you will ne rewarded I promise.

0 votes

And that's how you put in words. I won't be that strict with ratings going with a 6-7/10 but yeah it's not Nolan's best.

answered by Super-star (166k points)

Related questions

+4 votes
7 answers 230 views
+1 vote
3 answers 282 views
282 views asked Jul 17, 2017 in General by God Father Production Accountant (21.6k points)