• Register
Click on Register and join the conversation/discussions. Give your opinions and please go to the Rules page for detailed and guidelines of the site.....
All the articles/images published here are copyrighted to their respective owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by the webmaster or the community members, and if there is an issue with the content posted in the Discussion forum please email us at indianboxofficeonline @ gmail [dot] com  
17 Online
0 Member And 17 Guest
+3 votes
Jagga Jasoos has gone down on Monday with collections in the 3.50-3.75 crore nett range. The film is looking at a 55-60% drop from day one. The drop was on the cards after the film failed to go through on Sunday which was the critical day for the film. The film offered hope on a Saturday with a jump but it is a day where the target audience in metros comes out in force and it was mainly to do with that. Those levels were always going to be hard to sustain unless other parts came on board but that did not happen on Sunday.
The Monday business of the film has sealed its fate as with 35.25 crore nett plus in four days, the week may head to around 43 crore nett but that is not enough. The film will not even reach the 60 lakh footfalls that typical urban film like Neerja, Dear Zindagi and Kapoor & Sons get and these films are hardly appreciated by majority of the audience but what they dont have is the costs that are associated with Jagga Jasoos and that allows them to be safe commercially with limited appreciation.
The film is a huge downer for the director of the film but these directors who believe in the European storytelling style rather than an Indian one can always go this way. You might get a lucky Barfi! ( Read Barfi Fluke Here) once but that sort of lucky lightening rarely strikes twice, well not in a small space five years for sure. The film is also another blot on the filmography of Ranbir Kapoor and Katrina Kaif who are both on a bad run as the film failed to open on day one and by Sunday the content was already rejected in most places across India and the Monday number just rubber stamped that.

http://www.boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=3086
Source Link: boi
asked in Box Office Related by Location Manager (7.3k points)
86% Accept Rate

recategorized by

6 Answers

+3 votes

Best answer

Hahaha... And some idiots are dreaming that Ranbir next will release on Christmas this year or Eid next year and will destroy Bhai's career. #Too Much Funn!

answered by Production Accountant (28.3k points)
selected by
+3 votes

I can sense Thunder Bird and Intense Bhai dancing.

answered by Production Accountant (25.5k points)

me also

+3 votes

In last 4 years out of his 6 movies he gave 4 huge flops and 1 mega disaster and then some users here have audacity to compare him with superstars. Is this what you call stardom? If that was not enough some even dare to say that he will take on salman khan and will beat his movie at boxoffice. I don't know why producers are investing 100crs or more in his movie as he is not capable enough to cover even 50cr budget movies.

answered by Production Designer (12.3k points)

Compare his first decade with hrithik or srk or salman.............................and we shall know where he stands. I hope lucifer and saransh have all their doubts cleared now...............as to where ranbir stands today.

Ajay has two films lined up, he has every chance of leapfrogging ranbir, who is in shahid's league now. Were it not for that famous kapoor surname, this guy would be now where today.

Bhai haters have to make someone their baap (Ranbir hi sahi) to take on Bhai and Bhai fans....

+2 votes

The film is another blot on the filmography of ranbir kapoor..............but someone told me a few days back that ranbir hss given maximum number of classics in the last decade?

So moral of the story. The khans rule on top, followed by akshay, then hrithik, then varun.......ajay will also make a grand comeback with baadhshaho or g4.......and then after them comes...............the heartthrob of the nation, the man with the second largest female fan following ranbir kapoor.

answered by Cinematographer (90.7k points)

not having others filmography in mind, but SRK's first 4years as having good content r superior to almost 10years of Ranbir......a lot more variety as an actor than Ranbir has shown.....ya serious role, ya barfi.....action films mein thuss.....villain role, NONE

Agree 100%, SRK in darr>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ranbir's entire career. Ek performance SRK ki ranbir ke puray career ke barabaar hai.

+1 vote

The film has been completely misunderstood by our audiences. It's sad that it's not working on BO.

answered by Assistant Director (49.7k points)

Why blame the audience. They have their rights to watch a movie or not.

blaming audience is based on history.....Mera Naam Hai Joker, Andaz Apna Apna, Swades, Guzaarish........Bollywood audience is jst mostly interested in seeing old stuff again n again....Entertaining stuff is a lot more important than engaging stuff.......so, audience should be blamed..
not saying in context of Jagga Jasoos....cz i don't even know if it was worth audience's attention

It's not like blaming Bhai.. Baadshah has given some of very good examples and even if you see the Hollywood releases, it has happened a lot of many time. The Shawshank Redemption, Blade Runner, they all faced outright rejection initially. But, thankfully, Hollywood has different releasing criteria than Bollywood and they received commercially success later.
So, it's not like I'm blaming audiences when I say our audiences misunderstood the movie. I'm showing my grievances.

Well i know some films need to be appreciated more. But the directors should have some clear picture about his film will work or not. The paying public can choose what they want. Its some intermediaries in between who get crushed by losses.

+1 vote

Anurag Basu was boring with Salman movies.

answered by Production Accountant (28.5k points)

Related questions

+3 votes
1 answer 161 views
161 views asked in Box Office Related by Vikram Singh Production Designer (12.3k points)
+1 vote
3 answers 204 views
204 views asked in Box Office Related by Vikram Singh Production Designer (12.3k points)
+3 votes
5 answers 206 views
206 views asked in General by power Unit Manager (37.6k points)