• Register
Click on Register and join the conversation/discussions. Give your opinions and please go to the Rules page for detailed and guidelines of the site.....

Donate to ItsBoxOffice

Donate
More Info
All the articles/images published here are copyrighted to their respective owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by the webmaster or the community members, and if there is an issue with the content posted in the Discussion forum please email us at indianboxofficeonline @ gmail [dot] com  
24 Online
1 Member And 23 Guest
Members present at the site
0 votes
Like we know JHMS and TL for huge prices around 20 crore. So how do Music companies recover that price ?
I guess they will sell to individual sites like Saavn Gaana etc ? Fine but now how Saavn and Gaana will recover their own price ? They upload song and we download. Over. So how do they recover ? Its patchy doubt, hope someone knows about it.
asked in General by Producer (105k points)
99% Accept Rate

2 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer

Bro
1) YouTube Views on an avg u earn 5$ from 1000 views...So Radha has earned around 150,000 USD approx 100,000 USD from other songs..So 250,000 USD till now from YouTube only..Bound to increase much more
2) Saavn/Gaana/I tunes
3) On TV on music channels like 9xm
4) Sell them on Radios..
5) Old school people who buy CD's and cassettes

answered by Second Unit Director (71.7k points)
selected by

$5 ..only when an ad played before the video

YouTube revenue doesn't really work on number of views. That's a myth among common people.

Anku! You are right. And, it's not even $5 in India, it's just $4.

+1 vote

Well they upload on youtube and make money from it. Usually via ads.. On streaming services like Saavn, they get revenue from monthly subscription and ads, and then split it.

answered by Production Accountant (29.2k points)

Also some old school people still buy original albums from music stores.

Those old school people who still buy albums are as rare as those people who still watch movies on a VCR.

Then what was that.... dilwale music album got double platinum tag

Anku.. I don't know. ..becuase it has to sold 2million copies to get the double platinum tag (I just now saw this on internet) . I am not aware of its albums sales figure. But difficult to sell 20 lakkhs cassettes and CDs in today's time.

Related questions

+4 votes
1 answer 85 views
85 views asked ago in Box Office Related by sanjeev11 Second Unit Director (79.6k points)
+2 votes
5 answers 305 views
305 views asked in General by God Father Production Accountant (20.8k points)