• Register
Click on Register and join the conversation/discussions. Give your opinions and please go to the Rules page for detailed and guidelines of the site.....
All the articles/images published here are copyrighted to their respective owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by the webmaster or the community members, and if there is an issue with the content posted in the Discussion forum please email us at indianboxofficeonline @ gmail [dot] com  
14 Online
0 Member And 14 Guest
+4 votes
1. MOM (2017): 6/10 All for the first half. Post interval of the movie is most unfortunate thing happened to the Bollywood this year. Till the interval, MOM is something that makes you proud of Bollywood. Powerful set-up of the story, shocking sequences coming up one after another and it has gotten tremendous fast pace. It takes your expectations sky high but post-interval, it turns into a lukewarm mediocre clichéd revenge drama with literally no soul in the plot. You feel the story is so misplaced that makes it lose its grip over audiences. The way story was set up, I was expecting a No One Killed Jessica or a PINK or a Talvar. But, at the end of the movie what you get is the standard version of Hate Story. I would not say that movie is bad, what bothered me most that it didn't utilize its fullest potential. The movie is always decent for me and can be watched for one time.

Why it deserves your time because it has the best firth half of the year, the strong performance by everyone, not to forget Nawazuddin Siddiqui, this man once again wins your heart by everything he does on screen and the bad-*** background score by A.R. Rahman. Recommend.

2. Waking Life (2001): 7/10 When I watched Richard Linklater's Boyhood years ago, I was very impressed with his thought processing and the way he tells the story. I wanted to explore other works of this man. Yesterday, I watched Waking Life and it's irresistibly superior philosophical discourse on an exploration of origin and meaning of life and universe. The movie has almost never seen before screenplay or say story and storytelling, there are some comments which impressed me a lot, and there are also some comments which made me feel complete naive about my surroundings. Actually, you can say that Waking Life is a book of wisdom in visual form and the book is beautiful. The nature of movie could be summed up in its one of the discussion that's going on in a sequence where a writer has been writing something and then a woman starts having some dialogues with him. Here, it is.

Woman: What are you writing?

Writer: A novel.

Women: What's the story?

Writer: There's no story.

It's just… people, gestures,

moments, bits of rapture,

fleeting emotions.

In short, the greatest stories

ever told.

Woman: Are you in the story?

Writer: I don't think so.

But then I'm kind of reading it

and then writing it.

3. The Maze Runner (2014): 7/10 Doesn't make much sense to me, but it's a quality entertainer with some good thrill and suspense. And, the first part has certainly pushed me for its sequel. I'll be watching it next week.
asked in General by Assistant Director (49.6k points)
73% Accept Rate

6 Answers

+1 vote

Spiderman- The Homecoming: 4/5......................................................................

answered by Cinematographer (90.5k points)
+1 vote

Judwaa....... 3.8 /5.

answered by Production Accountant (28.2k points)
+1 vote

Hmmm..

1. War for the Planet of the Apes 3D [2017] = 7/10 [superb film. People clapped & gave standing ovation, that's solely because of Andy Serkis. I was not at all ready for this emotional finale. Easily one of the must watch films of this year.]

2. Jagga Jasoos [2017] = 4/10 [Messed up screenplay & weak music except for 3 songs are the real culprit. Missed opportunity big time. Watched in a bad single screen, crowd did walk out but didn't disturb by passing comments. But theatre itself ruined the film with worst sound system.]

3. Gemini Ganeshanum Suruli Raajanum [2017 - Tamil] = 5/10 [Time pass film with nothing new. Had few laugh out loud moments. First time watching actor Atharva's film on big screen & super surprised knowing even he has a fan association in Bengaluru who decorated the entire theatre with big cut outs. Wondering which Tamil actor doesn't has a fan club in Karnataka!]

4. Gutterballs [2008] = 1/10 [title itself is apt to describe the film. Gutter & balls.]

5. Gifted [2017] = 6/10 [good watch indeed. A change for Chris Evans as this film allows him to act.]

6. Maseuteo aka Master [2016 - Korean] = 6/10 [Predictable after a point but still a good watch.]

First Time Watches = Except Gutterballs, rest all of them.

Movie(s) of the week = War for the Planet of the Apes, Gifted, Master & I will also recommend Jagga Jasoos just for the attempt.

And for Tamil viewers, I do recommend this...

answered by Mega Star (233k points)

"It's a gross violent slasher film. I am up for them always irrespective of whether I like it or not."
Are you a sadist?
Well, facts of South Industry fan clubs is interesting.

Sadist? Drawing conclusion eh. All I am is empathetic. The horror genre gives me opportunity to explore it to the extreme with heightened senses of various things.

To put it more simply, genre appeals to me. I find it fun. Gore is just subjective just as the nudity.

Suhas u liked it inside but u wont accept it...sounds like porrn. Lol

Na. I've been open with in all the forums. I am a horror film buff. If you want to put it in that way then I don't mind. I watch horror films or films with gore whose glimpse alone will make many to puke or have nightmares. For me well, that's just meh. Unless scenes are similar to that of new born baby rape scene in A Serbian Film. I draw the line very thin when it comes to that genre. Unless it involves child abuse & sexual abuse, all other violence is pretty welcome.

+1 vote

Rangoon 6/10
Not as bad as the box office performance tell but still an strictly average film
Shahid Saif and kangana all three of them gave good performance but is let down by an average script
Vishal Bhardwaj misses it this time

Saadi love story 7/10
Well another rom-com the fav genre of punjabi cinema nonetheless
It was entertaining so no complaints
Diljit and amrinder gill duo was good
A good one time watch with lot of laughs

Vacancy 6/10
A thriller that keeps you on the edge of your seat
Though the director should have shown a little bit of back story of the lead characters anyhow the film is engaging
You root for the lead pair to come out winning
Do they survive or not
Watch yourself to get the answer

Billa 4/10
Pathetic remake of don to say the least
Only good thing is anushka in the film
Another masterpiece from meher ramesh

Theri 5/10
Rewatch this time in hindi
A predictable revenge story which we have seen so many times now

Movie of the week: Saadi Love Story

answered by Casting Director (16k points)
edited by
+1 vote

War for the planet of apes (3D) -5/10
Didn't like it just average for me as the movie was very slow & action scenes didn't have any thrill or excitement feel while watching in 3D screens...

answered by Director (123k points)
+1 vote

Free Fire (5.5/10):

Average movie with a slightly different story. People who can stand one single location throughout the movie and like watching terrible people die will like this movie.

Jumanji (7/10)

After revisiting Mrs. Doubtfire, I went back to another Robin Williams classic. Some of the effects have aged terribly, but the movie is very exciting and enjoyable even though I have seen it around 5-6 times before.

High Fidelity (6/10):

A cut above the normal rom-coms. Watch it if you like to see a totally fleshed out character going through realistic issues.

Gremlins (5.5/10):

Have heard a lot of praise about this one. Overall it was OK. The first half is charming, second half gets boring and repetitive. Effects are good and a few characters are good.

Spider-Man: Homecoming (8/10):

My first Spidey movie in cinemas. Enjoyed it a ton. The 3D works great. I actually got scared of the height in one scene because of the way it was made. Good work by Tom Holland, Keaton, and that kid who plays his friend. One negative I would say is that Iron Man should not have been in this movie. Also, too many notable actors were cast in bit parts.

La La Land (6.5/10):

A few great dance sequences lift this movie up. The songs are fine, one or two are legitimately good. Emma Stone's acting was good. As I though more about this movie, my opinion of it went down. I liked the ending, agree with the thought process behind it.

Shaun of the Dead (5/10):

A by-the-numbers zombie movie that gets a lot of praise for some reason.

The Birdcage (6.25/10):

Yes, another Robin Williams movie. I saw it for the first time. I was surprised that he played this character at a time when it was very controversial. Anyway, first 2/3rd's are very good, the final third takes it down a bit. Nathan Long and Hank Azaria are incredibly funny in this movie. The two young characters are annoying.

Lion (6.5/10):

Surprised that this one was a mainstream release in the US, and that it was actually successful, the first half has no english dialogue. When the movie gets to Dev Patel's part, it loses steam. It is able to recover in the final 10 minutes. Still, could have been great. The Kid overshadows Dev totally.

answered by Production Accountant (25.3k points)

Movie of the week: Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Related questions

+7 votes
6 answers 169 views
+7 votes
8 answers 253 views