• Register
Click on Register and join the conversation/discussions. Give your opinions and please go to the Rules page for detailed and guidelines of the site.....

Donate to ItsBoxOffice

Donate
More Info
All the articles/images published here are copyrighted to their respective owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by the webmaster or the community members, and if there is an issue with the content posted in the Discussion forum please email us at indianboxofficeonline @ gmail [dot] com  
22 Online
4 Member And 18 Guest
Members present at the site
+3 votes
Jagga Jasoos grossed 8 crore nett apprx on its first day which is a low figure for a film with Ranbir Kapoor and Katrina Kaif. The film did not show much of a pick up post the 6pm shows as the film despite being a content film which should grow is not for that adult evening audience so remained pretty much flat in the evenings. The film is mainly for children who watch English children channels and this should enable growth on Saturday and Sunday as the families and kids come out in metros but the film needed much wider appreciation to recover its huge costs.

The film was best in Mumbai city and Bangalore while the Hindi belt hardly collected. The film is not a Bombay Velvet as the film will get some sort of weekend audience but not being Bombay Velvet is hardly an achievement. The opening is the seventh best of the year but well short of a double digit opening which is a must when there is the presence of stars. Out of the big films the opening is better than Kaabil only. The opening is  lower than Roy which featured Ranbir Kapoor in a guest role and managed a 9.39 crore nett opening. Barfi! which had the same director opened to a similar figure.
asked in Box Office Related by Production Designer (14k points)
91% Accept Rate

7 Answers

+3 votes

Best answer

This is the star status of ranbir. ...some even compare him with hrithik...some say he will be bigger than srk after dutt. Condolences from me. .......

answered by Editor (87.4k points)
selected by

Sihan that is the point. And in 2015 some people even said ranbir is bigger than akshay. Hrithik is down, very down right now. But in no shape can you compare him to ranbir

I alway say one thing... A seated elephant stands much higher than a dog. Hrithik is viable superstar and he will be.. .he's not gonna fade away. Because he got genuine fans

Well said.

Yes, akshay proved it when everyone was bashing him. Hrithik will also do it hopefully.

+3 votes

hahahahhahaa this is hilarious ........ one jagga jasoos is making all side fanbases eat eachother.......... the sacrifice of this pawn was supremely worthy

answered by Star (140k points)
+2 votes

Opening is better than kaabil? With due respect to Boi.............just.........

So, a single digit opening. Pure megastardom. I as a hrithik fan accept hrithik is down right now, he made a mess of mohenjo daro. A few ranbir fans can now please come out of la la land???

Ae dil hai mushkil- dharma plus hit songs plus diwali -13cr
JJ- dependant on ranbir kapoor- 8cr

Sums up everything. I hope all hrithik haters have their answer now. Insecurities speak. Confidence stays silent.

answered by Cinematographer (96.3k points)

@theidiot...... so you are saying all srk movies are rip off??? haha dum dum

You must be happy seeing civil war among fan bases..!!

Infact you are happy seeing all this

Shit.... That above comment of mine was misjudged, leave it, you just be happy seeing civil war in forum..!!

why does grand pussy always act like an aunty. i thought she was a young grand pussy because she also does virtual bodybuilding

+2 votes

Yehi umar hai karle
Galti se mistake
Yehi umar hai karle
Galti se mistake

Yehi umar hai karle
Galti se mistake
Yehi umar hai karle
Galti se mistake

Yehi umar hai karle
Galti se mistake
Yehi umar hai karle
Galti se mistake

Yehi umar hai karle
Galti se mistake
Yehi umar hai karle
Galti se mistake

answered by Super-star (194k points)

@TB so no more Radio aka Tubelight's song ..

+1 vote

Really sad to see such low opening for a very good actor like Ranbir Kapoor but no problem this is just up & down which every major superstar have faced in some stage of their career...
Mark my words Ranbir will rule the Bollywood industry along with Varun dhawan once the Khans trio retired from Industry, you can also add Hritik Roshan but for that he really needs to push himself very soon , 1 movie in 2-3 years formula is not going to help his cause...

answered by Director (125k points)

Hrithik Doesn't Belong To Either Khan's Generation Or This Newer Generation. He Is Stuck In Between Like Shahid. When Khans Retire, He Will Be In His Early 50s. I Don't Think He Will Make Any Sort Of Impact After That.

@Intense ...
I can't force my opinion to Rajat , like Greek god & Kabir also bash Aamir khan...
But that troll thing is always exist with big superstar so you should by happy for that otherwise what is the reason no one point a finger on Ajay , Saif & Shahid stardom because they are not fall in same category..

|@greek yogurt ..... rajat doesn't live in a slum...he watches all big bollywood movies... he is one of the seats in the theater...

aur tu kya salman khan , akshay sahara lai raha hai srk fans ko troll karne main....

what is the comment of yours i read???
"At least Hrithik bhagoda nehi hain jo doom daba ke bhaag jata hain. Eid kab hain. Eid. Kabhi salman se darr gaya, kabhi akshay se. JHMS ke saath saath dekh lenge srk ki hallat. Ready rehna. "

o han.....ghareeb logon k pass apna koi troll stand hai nahe na.... hahaha

Lmao this Greek god is the same guy who abused Salman and trolled him and now uska support le raha hai hrthik ke liye just to tackle Ranbir! Too much fun.

+1 vote

JJ(3-4 times delayed film, experimental film) - 8 cr(1800 screens)
Kaabil(faced clash, but got free publicity also) - 7 cr(2500 screens)

Ae dil h muskil(clash + pre diwali) - 13 cr(2800 screens)
MJ(only clash) - 8.5 cr(2700 screens)

It's clear dat ranbir is a bigger star than hr today. Those who don't like this answer are free to burn......

answered by Production Accountant (29.9k points)

That not even a point to debate. Compare their filmography and boom Rk is even better actor and gave better performances too this decade!

Yep. Like bv, besharam, roy, lucifer dont embarass yourself.

Rockstar, wus, rocket Singh, Yjhd, tamasha, barfi.. Haha itna to film hrthik ne kiya bhi nahi iss decade lol.

Original bang bang, original kaabil. Super original Mjo and and and not at all manipulated krrish3

Kahan gye? Ab aayein saamne????????????? Hr is a bigger star than ranbir? na hi opening kaam aayii na hi content.

Confidence is silent, insecurities shout out wrong facts.

+1 vote

That's Rather A Good Opening For Such An Experimental & Delayed Movie. Don't Forget It Has Been Released With Limited Screens Only, Unlike Kaabil & Mohenjodaro. Yet It Brought In Higher Numbers. Slow Claps To You, Hrithik Roshan.
But With Its WOM Being Mixed, I Don't See It Going Barfi Way.

answered by Production Accountant (25.8k points)

Related questions

+1 vote
3 answers 204 views
204 views asked in Box Office Related by Vikram Singh Production Designer (14k points)
+3 votes
2 answers 213 views
213 views asked in Box Office Related by Vikram Singh Production Designer (14k points)
+4 votes
2 answers 360 views