• Register
Click on Register and join the conversation/discussions. Give your opinions and please go to the Rules page for detailed and guidelines of the site.....
All the articles/images published here are copyrighted to their respective owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by the webmaster or the community members, and if there is an issue with the content posted in the Discussion forum please email us at indianboxofficeonline @ gmail [dot] com  
14 Online
1 Member And 13 Guest
Members present at the site
+2 votes

Jagga Jasoos despite having nothing much going for it has taken a better opening than Kaabil in metros and A centres in terms of occupancy and collections. Jagga Jasoos has been released on close to 1800 screens while Kaabil was released on 2550 screens as it had more single screens. The difference is B and C centres where Jagga Jasoos has a limited release so collections are also limited. Even if the film did get a release at these places it would have hardly collected. Below are the admit figures of first shows for Jagga Jasoos and Kaabil with the cinema counts taken from each centre listed next to the city.

Mumbai (45 Cinemas)

Jagga Jasoos - 2,910 admits

Kaabil - 2,543 admits

Delhi (25 cinemas)

Jagga Jasoos - 1,587 admits

Kaabil - 1,520 admits

Kolkata (15 cinemas)

Jagga Jasoos - 691 admits

Kaabil - 678 admits

Chandigarh (8 Cinemas)

Jagga Jasoos - 423 admits

Kaabil - 456 admits

Jaipur (10 cinemas)

Jagga Jasoos - 512 admits

Kaabil - 738 admits

TOTAL (103 cinemas)

Jagga Jasoos - 6,123 admits

Kaabil - 5,935 admits

Source Link: BOI
asked in Box Office Related by Production Accountant (25.3k points)
71% Accept Rate

7 Answers

+5 votes

Slow claps for BOI, and anything else? Something about real value for ranbir? Also something like kaabil clashing with srk, hrithik coming off a disaster?

Superstar ranbir had a hit film in the form of adhm last diwali, still no interest to see him??? My appeal to hrithik, give some gifts to BOI, they are pretty miffed with you it seems.

answered by Cinematographer (90.5k points)

The issue is that it's not that they dislike HR, they actually hate him. Reality is Ranbir kapoor is way behind Hritik Roshan is terms of acting, personality,boxoffice, dancing,fan following and so on. Only public opinion matter and everybody knows the truth.

Yes bro. This damn website could havecompared jj and bnkd if they had any guts. Or with hgf. Compare rk with arjun, varun etc.

This is a cheap tactic to degrade hr. Yesterday they insulted aamir as well.

Correct without reason insulting top superstars.

yaar kitna drama krtay ho....remember how they praised Ranbir after YJHD n kinda degraded SRK by ranking him lower......its jst that boxoffice works acc. to HAWA.......abhi Ranbir ki thori zyada HAWA hai Hrithik sy.....Hrithik ny khud km films kr k apnay aap ko race sy distance keya hai....is mein BOI ki kya ghalati??
though they should hv mentioned clash with Raees....its poor commentary rather than an ill intentioned one......har fan rota hai.....Ranbir ko 300cr club sy BOI ny he nikala tha......Akshay fans were crying after some Hits becoming semi-hits......SRK fans cried, 40cr of HNY blah blah.....but nobody can compete with Aamir fans, cry meter bursts into pieces.....afterall they r Aamir fans....crying is inherent

+3 votes

Slow claps on face of RK haters.

answered by Super-star (165k points)

RK haters......lol......who is he??the way u wrote looks like some Superstar is having haters

+3 votes

See this is the issue and that's why I said BOI hates Hritik Roshan. Why was there need to compare jagga jasoos with Kaabil? They deliberately dragged hritik movie here just to show that Ranbir is bigger star then Hritik. I hope now it is very much clear to all that BOI hates HR, yes I repeat they hate HR.

answered by Production Designer (12.3k points)
+2 votes

I don't think there should be a comparison, Kaabil was a destroyed movie, yep, destroyed, crushed..... That's what boi said - RAEES CRUSHES KAABIL ON DAY ONE

kaabil should get sympathy points for clashing with RAEES, it shouldn't be compared with a solo release, wether it's JJ or any other solo movie..!!

answered by Super-star (192k points)

Yep. Kaabil's chances to survive were over on first day itself.

BOI trying to prop up megastar ranbir.

+1 vote

10cr day one is not a bad result...

answered by Producer (111k points)
+1 vote

But
Kaabil WOM Positive
and Noon Show Pick
Jagga jasoos Mixed Review

answered by Location Manager (5.1k points)

Who will mention the budget of the movie?
Kaabil- 65cr approx while Jagga jasoos - more than 100cr. Kaabil made more than 100cr while JJ most probably will finish under 50cr.

+1 vote

Poor opening.... I dont think... it will trend like Barfi. Sad for Ranbir. He deserved to get 100 cr. Not watched yet but I know... he gave excellent performance.
Hope Film will go last 100 cr... and become hit or semi hit.

answered by Executive Producer (64k points)

Related questions

+2 votes
2 answers 282 views
282 views asked in Opinion by Intense Cinematographer (90.5k points)
+1 vote
2 answers 211 views
211 views asked in Box Office Related by Vikram Singh Production Designer (12.3k points)
+1 vote
0 answers 93 views
93 views asked in Box Office Related by Aashish Lachotraa Second Unit Director (78.1k points)