• Register
Click on Register and join the conversation/discussions. Give your opinions and please go to the Rules page for detailed and guidelines of the site.....
All the articles/images published here are copyrighted to their respective owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by the webmaster or the community members, and if there is an issue with the content posted in the Discussion forum please email us at indianboxofficeonline @ gmail [dot] com  
12 Online
0 Member And 12 Guest
+3 votes

Jagga Jasoos had a low opening of around 20-25% on average with the five metros being better but elsewhere the collections were dull. The film was always going to struggle for an opening due despite the precence of Ranbir Kapoor and Katrina Kaif as the film was not really offering any entertainment for the youth or mass audience which is the audience which forms a large ratio of the initial audience. The opening of the film is best in Mumbai city and Bangalore.

The biggest plus for the film is the way its been released with just 1100 theaters screening it on 1800 screens, it has been released only in theatres where it has chances to work. Its not unusual to see such a film go to near 2000 theatres and 2500 screens which is just killing the film on day one as many theatres collect so badly that they don't even recover print costs. the film is a highly multiplex concentrate release with 1500 screens in plexes and 300 single screens. 

Its a similar strategy to Barfi which was just 800 theatres and an even tighter release than this one. This release can pay dividends with this type of content film with a cast but its all about that five city (Mumbai, Delhi, Pune, Bangalore and Kolkata) audience and do they take to the film. That will be known over the next two days.

http://boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=3075

asked in General by Location Manager (7.6k points)
95% Accept Rate

6 Answers

+4 votes

Best answer

See this is why I was so surprised when so many people in the forum predicted a 15cr opening.

Where was the hype and buzz that lead you to believe this?

answered by Production Accountant (20k points)
selected by

Mr hola, aap ab tak nahi samjhe itna zyaada kyun predict kiya tha sab ne?

Bhai kuch logon ne kiya hoga, lekin I don't think sab ne ghalat predictions on purpose di hongi. After all points ka maamla hai.

jst cz they don't understand that Ranbir is an overrated............

+11 votes

So It Opens Better Than Kaabil & Mohenjodaro, Both 20%.
Time To Settle On Jaadu's Planet, Hrithik Roshan.

answered by Production Accountant (25.1k points)
edited by

Main to kab se keh raha hun. Ranbir is a megastar, bigger than hrithik, it got proved today.

Bigger Than Hrithik? Yes. But Nothing Has Been Proven Today. It Is Just That You Realized It Today. Sooner Or Later You Had To Admit It.
Megastar? No Way. Still A Long Way To Go. I Don't Think Anyone Except Aamir Khan Deserves That Tag.

Oh no respected sir. Everything is proven now. I cant wait for dutt when ranbir and hirani will shatter every record in sight.

For the record, in 2014, Bang bang did 24cr with a clash and PK did 26cr solo on xmas, why? How come? God aamir should have done 30cr isn't it? He could only manage 2cr more than small actor hr?

Yes. Yes. Yes. Acc. To lord rajat 30% < 20%. And hum toh kab se bol rahe the Ranbir is megastar.

+2 votes

So.............................ladies and gentlemen, presenting superstar ranbir kapoor. 20-25% occupancy shows the craze which is present to see the megastar in full glory.

A few minutes of silence for some users of a particular fan base, who believed ranbir is bigger than hrithik roshan.

answered by Editor (83.6k points)

Lol thanks for the logic but man why would I say bad about my own fav star film. I hated trails and their strategy.. Response is very much on negative side. thanks to trails.. Songs are chartbuster only in RCE office and their bubble world. And puneet Salman ko troll kar sakte hai salman fans were so high that this was bound to happen. Salman ki film ka poster 3 hours dikhao to bhi Salman fans usko block buster bana dege. . Lmao

The way SRK Fans show their Favorite Star its nothing less than Salman .like that Jatinder post after Tubelight didn't open according to expectations -"Any Day Any Time Any Genre The Name SRK is enough for Excellent Opening " .This is what SRKians think who cares about Trailer response .SRK has the biggest Stardom .all will throng to Theatres on 4th Aug and 25 Cr would be done

You already lost that raees bet about 20cr. Just wait. . You might loose it this time too.

I have not even bet and regarding my 25 Cr Prediction I would be very happy if I lose but only if its on lower side
And What Raees bet. I predicted 19 Cr and it did 20 Cr something .ab 1 Cr kam aa gya toh bet haar gya

+2 votes

Come on jagga you can do it....

answered by Producer (107k points)
+2 votes

Ban-than ke baal bana ke
Joota polish karwa ke
Naachenge hum ta-ta-thaiya

Sajan Radio… oo…
Bajaiyo bajaiyo bajaiyo zara
Sajan Radio… oo…
Bajai ke sabhi ko nachaiyo zara
Sajan Radio… oo..
Bajaiyo bajaiyo bajaiyo zara

Wait.......... A minute.....!!!!!
That's not right........

Oh, here it is, sorry made a mistake by mistake..!!

Here is right one

Yehi umar hai karle
Galti se mistake
Yehi umar hai karle
Galti se mistake
Yehi umar hai karle
Galti se mistake
Yehi umar hai karle
Galti se mistake
Yehi umar hai karle
Galti se mistake
Yehi umar hai karle
Galti se mistake
Yehi umar hai karle
Galti se mistake
Yehi umar hai karle
Galti se mistake

answered by Super-star (187k points)

Ilaaj krva le bhai........kb ** pareshan rahega?? Aur dusron ko bhi karega??

I know Jagga Jasoos ki yeh bumper level opening dekh kar shock laga hai............. Don't worry, it happens, But you are a Ranbir fan, ab tak to aadat ho gayi hogi...........

But but but but.....ranbir is a bigger star than hrithik. Phir kaise ho gya aisa?

Hahaha sahi nai illaj ki zarurat hai.. So obsessed with radio and Galti

+2 votes

Hollywood going to dominate Bollywood..... Bollywood Gaya kam se.

answered by Executive Producer (62.9k points)

Related questions

+4 votes
4 answers 180 views
+4 votes
2 answers 146 views