• Register
Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

64.4k questions

241k answers

292k comments

395 users

+1 vote
asked in Sports Related by All Time best! (283k points)
88% Accept Rate

4 Answers

+2 votes

Yuvraj is well past his prime and now a liability in the field as well. Dhoni is not done as yet but he is steadily declining, one of these stalwarts might play one or two innings once in a while, but they are not the future. Rishabh pant, shreyas iyer, sanju samson, even suresh raina, Manish pandey, India needs to try out these guys in the middle overs. We are too dependant on our top 3.

answered by Producer (103k points)
+1 vote

Yes.They should give chance to the upcoming youngsters.Yuvi and Mahi are past their time.One or two good innings in a long time is not good.

answered by Director (140k points)
0 votes

Women's team doing well. Proud of them. Dhoni is tolerable but Yuvi must vacate the team for good.

answered by Assistant Director (47.5k points)
+1

Unless Dhoni retires himself he will play next WC .Not sure about Yuvi.it may be his last series as well

Should be. Our next odi assignment is in sri lanka which is again a weak side. This is the time to test the likes of shreyas iyer, pant, pandey, raina etc.

Post that we play 5 ODI'S in South Africa, both msd and yuvi will find the pace and bounce there tough to handle.

After SL series we have 7 ODIs against Australia at home and then reports coming BCCI confirming 5 Match ODI series against NZ at home

Puneet, if the current pay dispute between players and ACA does not get resolved aus series is cancelled. As of now aus have cancelled A tours as well.

Rumours that India might curtail their tour of saf again, talks of a tri series with NZ and Bangladesh,

0 votes

this is the worst thing with the indian fans.. they are impatient..all come up with a point of giving chance to young talents..the current squad itself is a balanced one, its a right mix of youth plus experience.. young guns will be given chance and that's y they are picked in the squad..regarding yuvi and dhoni, guys the legends need to be treated well..they are past their prime but not finished, its only that since both started playing together from England series, the top order has most of the time got high scores,spent most of the overs leaving limited scope for performing..at given chances, though not great still they have done reasonably good..yuvraj and dhoni were the best batsmen in the eng series, don't forget that..the champions trophy, well top order was on fire and top 3 batted for the major part of the tournament, got a chance in the first match vs pak, yuvi gave a man of the match performance,,then in the final too, he was the only player other than pandya who looked to bat on..dhoni didn't get enough to bat on..coming to west indies series, yes yuvi underperformed in 2 innings but his last innings was pivotal and the ressurective one..dhoni played 2 fine knocks in tough conditions..and to remember these aren't batting friendly wickets..these guys didn't earn a place in the squad just for reputation, dhoni was a consistent team member and no reason to oust him and yuvraj earned it through his best domestic season performance so lets not undermine them. ..a team needs mixture of youth and experience, this team has more youth plus little experience that too mainly from yuvi and mahi..so be cool, performers are being rewarded, like pant and kartik getting a call, jadhav getting his due, pandya being well nourished to flourish,kuldeep being rewarded, what else u guys need?

there is time, given few more chances, will get a clear picture,,if they both perform will be good for india in th 2019 world cup if they fail frequently, they will be dropped but now isn't the proper time..give them a breathing space,,these comments arose only since india lost the final vs pak , if india won it, nobody would have complained on yuvi or dhoni..hope thy both shut the mouth of the complainees with few good knocks soon..

answered by Executive Producer (63.9k points)

http://www.firstpost.com/sports/virat-kohli-has-no-use-for-ms-dhoni-or-yuvraj-singh-while-planning-for-2019-world-cup-3783127.html

Read it, and learn to differentiate between home performances and overseas, oh yes you are that same sort of fan living in I was alive when yuvi hit 6 sixes and msd hit a six to win a world cup. Both these senior citizens are a worthless liability now.

so u remember yuvi for only those 6 sixes and dhoni for that famous wc final finishing six??
that's u,, I'm following cricket from the 2000s..these 2 players are not in the team due to those childish reasons u sited above, but for their hardwork which earned them their place..if domestic form can bring dinesh kartik to team y not yuvi? dhoni hasn't gone soo low with his batting consistently and still hes the best wicketkeeper batsman india have and obviously his tactics too..but u have to give them their due..yuvi was dropped whem he fails to certain level everytime after he made a come back, similarly if he fails few more he will be dropped again until then he needs to be given chances for wat he earned through his performance and not for his 6 sixes? fyi yuvi is more than 6 sixes buddy..
I don't think u c that.

I said its fans like you, even i am following the game since a very long time, well fyi i hate this decision of dk being in the time. Like it or hate it, yuvraj is over now and so is msd. Get ready to see new faces for the 2019 wc, aapka decision hota to shayad 2023wc men bhi yuvi khel raha hota

im not so blind and illogical like ur comments..i agree they are past their prime but not finished..and I'm saying again they didn't pick a yuvi who was just roaming around, they picked a yuvi who fought on after being ignored despite a good domestic season and didn't give up to fight again with another splendid domestic season performance..its similar with DK.. they are rewarded for their hardwork like most others and y do u complain with blind hatred? and am sure hes isn't as illogical as you to vie for a wc spot in 2023..neither am I..am a fan agree but not blind like you..he earned an opportunity and will use that for some time..if he clicks good for him and the team & if he doesn't , he will be dropped like others and like he himself was before..so y do u cry? I'm happy if he strikes gud form n plays 2019 wc, if its the opposite I'm gonna root for india and the players as usual..because I'm logical, and I can digest facts which you cant..if dk n yuvi were not to be picked, y the hell there is domestic cricket and wats d criteria for selecting a player into the team..age matters, when they are completely out of form but if someone is performing good, age shouldn't be a barrier..if they are performing, they have still a 2-3 years of cricket left, not more than that,,even more these legends need to be respected and treated well which I think is what they are trying to do..so digest facts and tlive with it..

Related questions

+2 votes
1 answer 14 views
+2 votes
5 answers 126 views
+7 votes
6 answers 75 views
75 views asked Apr 26, 2014 in Sports Related by kashyap123 Second Unit Director (72.8k points)